Weather Radar Maps

Birmingham Radar
NEXRAD Station BMX

View in WunderMap
Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
U4 60 dBZ 30,000 ft. 37 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 29 knots W (268)
S8 60 dBZ 23,000 ft. 29 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 25 knots W (271)
U8 59 dBZ 34,000 ft. 30 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance <0.50 in. 23 knots W (268)
S2 58 dBZ 27,000 ft. 46 kg/m² 30% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 10 knots SW (217)
K2 57 dBZ 25,000 ft. 34 kg/m² 30% chance 80% chance 0.75 in. 27 knots SSW (209)
M3 56 dBZ 35,000 ft. 41 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 16 knots W (265)
H3 56 dBZ 28,000 ft. 41 kg/m² 10% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 23 knots W (270)
X4 56 dBZ 38,000 ft. 35 kg/m² 0% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 23 knots WSW (246)
X3 56 dBZ 34,000 ft. 37 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 23 knots W (268)
D3 56 dBZ 22,000 ft. 28 kg/m² 0% chance 50% chance <0.50 in. 19 knots W (262)
P5 54 dBZ 28,000 ft. 15 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. New Cell
Q5 54 dBZ 18,000 ft. 17 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. 23 knots WSW (258)
E5 54 dBZ 39,000 ft. 39 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 12 knots WSW (246)
Z1 54 dBZ 30,000 ft. 29 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 21 knots W (268)
U0 53 dBZ 16,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 23 knots W (261)
D5 51 dBZ 27,000 ft. 19 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. 14 knots SW (232)
F4 51 dBZ 43,000 ft. 29 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
F5 51 dBZ 33,000 ft. 23 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 14 knots WSW (255)
X8 51 dBZ 12,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 19 knots WSW (239)
Y5 49 dBZ 12,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
W2 48 dBZ 40,000 ft. 19 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 31 knots WSW (241)
J4 47 dBZ 12,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 29 knots W (274)
D2 47 dBZ 12,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 19 knots WNW (291)
L5 46 dBZ 29,000 ft. 4 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 21 knots WSW (246)
C6 45 dBZ 20,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 14 knots SW (234)
M4 42 dBZ 17,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 21 knots WNW (285)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail