Weather Radar Maps

Birmingham Radar
NEXRAD Station BMX

View in WunderMap
Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
G7 59 dBZ 49,000 ft. 50 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 6 knots SSW (206)
E6 57 dBZ 43,000 ft. 44 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 19 knots NNE (25)
G9 57 dBZ 38,000 ft. 54 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 35 knots WSW (242)
O8 57 dBZ 34,000 ft. 45 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 17 knots ENE (64)
O7 55 dBZ 20,000 ft. 32 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 2 knots WSW (244)
L9 54 dBZ 21,000 ft. 24 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
D7 53 dBZ 33,000 ft. 28 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 12 knots E (97)
X8 52 dBZ 21,000 ft. 21 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 6 knots N (350)
H9 52 dBZ 42,000 ft. 28 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 2 knots E (87)
N7 51 dBZ 33,000 ft. 23 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 8 knots SSW (194)
K9 51 dBZ 15,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 10 knots NE (53)
Y8 51 dBZ 16,000 ft. 6 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots N (1)
W8 49 dBZ 42,000 ft. 24 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 4 knots WNW (282)
A9 49 dBZ 19,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 6 knots NNE (18)
J9 49 dBZ 15,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 39 knots N (7)
I8 48 dBZ 16,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 4 knots NE (34)
N9 46 dBZ 13,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
M9 45 dBZ 22,000 ft. 8 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
Z6 42 dBZ 12,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots NNW (343)
J8 41 dBZ 20,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 10 knots NNW (344)
Q8 38 dBZ 36,000 ft. 6 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 4 knots WSW (255)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail