Weather Radar Maps

Amarillo Radar
NEXRAD Station AMA
Save Image

Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • NEXRAD
  • Current
  • Station Down
  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
V1 61 dBZ 27,000 ft. 40 kg/m² 30% chance 80% chance 0.75 in. 17 knots S (179)
T0 61 dBZ 31,000 ft. 37 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 23 knots SSW (200)
B2 61 dBZ 16,000 ft. 16 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. 29 knots ENE (58)
I1 60 dBZ 28,000 ft. 43 kg/m² 30% chance 100% chance 0.75 in. 23 knots SW (214)
S1 59 dBZ 30,000 ft. 38 kg/m² 20% chance 80% chance 0.75 in. 10 knots SSW (211)
M1 58 dBZ 25,000 ft. 33 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance 0.50 in. 8 knots SW (236)
G2 58 dBZ 8,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
P1 57 dBZ 40,000 ft. 16 kg/m² 0% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 21 knots S (186)
N1 57 dBZ 24,000 ft. 34 kg/m² 0% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. 25 knots SSW (212)
Y0 56 dBZ 18,000 ft. 19 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. 6 knots SSW (192)
U1 55 dBZ 29,000 ft. 22 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 0 knots SW (220)
D2 55 dBZ 7,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 43 knots NNW (344)
E2 54 dBZ 31,000 ft. 28 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. New Cell
Z1 52 dBZ 16,000 ft. 13 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 6 knots S (182)
W0 51 dBZ 18,000 ft. 13 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 2 knots S (175)
F2 49 dBZ 16,000 ft. 7 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. New Cell
H2 49 dBZ 5,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
Y1 46 dBZ 8,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots SW (220)
G0 44 dBZ 14,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 16 knots S (180)
F1 43 dBZ 22,000 ft. 7 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 29 knots SW (214)
C2 40 dBZ 16,000 ft. 3 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 12 knots SE (127)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail