... Winter weather possible across north and central Texas
Wednesday afternoon through Thursday morning...
Rain will mix with and then change over to a wintry mix... most
likely to freezing rain and sleet... across much of the region by
the afternoon or evening hours Wednesday. Precipitation should
change over to snow especially across the north Wednesday night.
Precipitation should come to an end by Thursday afternoon as the
upper level system moves east of the region.
* Location... all of north and central Texas is likely to see at
least some light wintry precipitation during this event.
* Timing... we expect rain to transition over to a wintry mix
beginning along the Red River by mid-morning Wednesday
... across the metroplex shortly after midday and around
Waco/Killeen/Palestine by sunset.
* Precipitation type... freezing rain and sleet... with some snow
possible Wednesday night into Thursday morning.
* Accumulation and impacts... accumulations remain uncertain at
this time... but with temperatures dropping below freezing
Wednesday afternoon it would take little to produce
deteriorating Road conditions and some travel delays by
* Alternate scenarios... the amount and duration of wintry
precipitation depend on how fast cold air moves into place on
Wednesday. The earlier the cold air is here... the more wintry
precipitation we can expect. Areas most likely to be affected
may change in later forecasts.
Please monitor future forecasts regarding the potential for
winter weather across North Texas Wednesday through Thursday.