|Infrared (day & night)|
|Visible (day only)|
|Wind:||1.1 mph ESE|
|Dew Point:||19 °F|
|Precipitation:||100% chance of precipitation|
|Pressure:||30.05 in (Falling)|
40° | 18°
21° | 6°
25° | 15°
38° | 24°
Statement as of 3:01 PM EST on March 3, 2015Winter Weather Advisory
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 am EST
* locations... from the eastern twin tiers southward... including
the Binghamton and Scranton Wilkes-Barre Metro areas... and the
Poconos to southern Catskills.
* Hazards... snow... freezing rain... and sleet.
* Accumulations... snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches... then a light
coating of ice.
* Timing... snow changing to sleet and freezing rain late this
afternoon. Sleet and freezing rain becoming light and spotty by
* Temperatures... rising from the lower 20s this afternoon... to the low 30s
by Wednesday morning.
* Winds... south 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Impacts... untreated roads will become hazardous beginning mid
to late afternoon. Minor tree damage and isolated power
outages may occur tonight due to the combination of ice and
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Please report snowfall and/or ice amounts to the National Weather
Service by calling toll free at 1-888-603-1402... or by email at
Statement as of 4:05 PM EST on March 3, 2015Special Statement
... Sleet... and possibly freezing rain... will prevail through early
Moderate to heavy sleet is expected through 6 PM. Sleet may begin to
mix with freezing rain early this evening... after 6 PM.
Driving will be hazardous. Unnecessary travel is discouraged.