Statement as of 1:48 PM PDT on May 31, 2016
Fire Weather Warning
... Red flag warning in effect from 2 PM to 9 PM PDT Wednesday for
gusty winds and low humidity for fire weather zones 639 and 639...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from 2 PM to 9 PM PDT Wednesday.
* Affected area... the Columbia River gorge and eastern portions of
fire weather zones orz639 and waz639. This does not include the
Cascades or Mount Hood.
* Timing... winds will increase Wednesday afternoon. The strongest
winds are expected during the early evening.
* Wind... west 10 to 20 mph.
* Minimum humidity... 13 to 20 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.