By: stormygace , 11:24 PM GMT on December 19, 2009
Received this in email from a colleague. Hits the nail on the head with where we'll be going with "Health Care Reform". IMAO. Wish I could attribute it but no author or citation was given with it.
Non-partisan general information
This should be read and understood by all Americans; Democrats, Republicans, Independents, EVERYONE!!
Mr. President and all 535 voting members of the Legislature:
* The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.
* Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.
* Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.
* War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more, but the program is basically broke.
* Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.
* Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.
* The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.
You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars
AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??
Folks, keep this circulating. It is very well stated. Maybe it will end up in the e-mails of some of our "duly elected officials" in Washington !!
Comments will take a few seconds to appear.