Marc Slagle is a perl coder and a weather nerd.
By: panzersnake, 1:41 PM GMT on May 27, 2014
So I've now been assigned a CWOP EWxxxx number, but I'm not done with the code to report yet. I'll be hacking on that next. Maybe this week I'll be able to get that done and start tuning my sensors based on the error checking MADIS does.
Next I'll have to head up to Mendelsons and find a Pot for the wind vane. Ive liked the sensor with the switches so far, but I'm hoping for something a bit more precise. Measuring resistance should make for a better sensor. I'm thinking that if any place has a Pot I can use that will work well enough, Mendelsons would be that place.
By: panzersnake, 8:11 PM GMT on May 21, 2014
I want to see all these sensors going at the same time. Seems like tonight we might get a bit of rain, I hope my code doesn't have any bugs that will keep the bucket from working or reporting incorrectly.
By: panzersnake, 5:11 PM GMT on May 19, 2014
Seems that the new enclosure will work. I've got fan aspiration going and it seems to have stabilized the temperature readings. The anemometer/vane/bucket are jacked into the arduino, and I've got the pi connecting via serial. Last night there was no wind, so I'm not done with calibrating the software to read the serial output for the new sensors just yet. I'll hopefully be getting that in place soon.
By: panzersnake, 2:32 AM GMT on May 14, 2014
These sensors are pretty cool, but the problem I'm fighting now is the switches bounce. I'm trying to see if i can debounce with capacitors, if not I'll have a crack at code in the controller to manage it.
I've also got the enclosure coming along as well. I'll probably have that done by the weekend.
By: panzersnake, 12:21 AM GMT on May 11, 2014
Well, apparently my attempt at a protective housing for the camera module wasn't 100% waterproof.
The other sensors are working though, so I'll hope that the board dries out and everything works tomorrow. I've stopped the webcam jobs for now.