For places with four seasons, some individuals can’t wait to become busy in their garden again. They anxiously check the soil regularly to see if it is already dry and warm enough to work with. The spring season is the perfect time for gardeners to work in the area. For individuals who are planning to do organic farming and set up their own backyard garden, there are time-saving tips to have more time to enjoy gardening and feel less stress and tension from daily activities.
- Make a plan. Preparing a well-thought plan can help gardeners to save time when trying to decide what plant species to select. The few hours of work inside should focus on the physical work in starting the organic garden.
- Create quick beds. Making garden beds are very simple. With the use of a spade, slice under the turf and flip it upside down. Then, cover the area with three to four inches of wood chips. Wait for a couple of weeks, and then cut into the area and begin planting the perennials.
- Put away unnecessary tools. Select the tools that are often used and keep them close to the working area. Moreover gardeners can also wear jump pants with plenty of large pockets where the tools can be placed.
- Cut off the weeds. If there are weeds begin to grow in the garden beds, don’t try to remove each of them. Instead, make use of the shovel method. With the use of a sharp spade, slice the weeds beneath the bed, and then turn them upside down to bury the leaves. It can serve as nourishment for the soil.
- Water the plants properly. Soaker hose is more recommended that standing with a hose or refilling a watering can because it can allow people to carry out other tasks of organic gardening and it can also conserve water.
- Place the compost near the garden beds. Instead of toting wheelbarrows full of compost around the garden, create a compost right in the walkways of the bed.
- Clean the harvest. Collect the yielded produce in an old laundry basket. The basket can serve as a strainer as it helps easily rinse off the debris and dirt attached to the vegetables and fruits.
These are just some of the time-saving ideas that individuals should know when performing organic gardening. It can be a refreshing experience to have a garden as a hobby and as a benefit to the household at the same time.
Comments will take a few seconds to appear.