Reaping the Benefits of Organic Farming
|By: organicfarmingblog, 12:00 PM GMT on March 13, 2013||+0|
Organic farming has created waves in agriculture worldwide. People are transforming their piece of land into a garden especially for growing fruits, vegetables, and herbs for revenue or personal consumption. The trend has formulated a number of advocates from different parts of the globe, coming from highly regarded chefs and food experts who are promoting the intake of organically grown food crops.
Organic gardening defines as growing of plant crops without the use of any pesticides, chemicals and other synthetic materials. Also, this method of agriculture can also be utilized in propagating flowers and herbs. Organic farming allows nature to take control and let plants grow naturally on its own. Gardeners and farmers should care for the plants and provide them much attention they need. This method of cultivating generates crops that are ready to eat and can last its freshness compared to other crops who utilizes synthetic fertilizers and inorganic products. There are other benefits that organic gardening provides in improving the quality of life.
- Organic farming promotes cost-effectiveness. Farmers and gardeners who are using all-natural organic compounds to facilitate organic growth of the plant crops can save money and effort. These compounds can be in a form of compost, leftover food, and among others. In creating a compost, one can take dried leaves and branches, mix it and bury it in the soil. The plant crop will absorb the essential nutrients coming from the compost pit, making them grow healthy and naturally. What’s unique to this method is that one will not have to buy it from an agricultural shop or a gardening store. Moreover, people can find for a number of guides and information about generating home made compost pit on the World Wide Web. The savings that people can get from creating compost pits alone may reach up to hundreds of dollars.
- The crops cultivated in organic gardening are healthier and safer to consume by people compared to those crops cultivated with synthetic fertilizers. Studies have revealed that the chemicals found in synthetic fertilizers which is responsible in increasing the speed of growth of the crops has been connected to different life-threatening diseases like cancer and heart diseases. People who are fond of eating chemically-treated crops might develop a serious health problem, as these chemicals will pile up within the body over time, which becomes prone to many diseases.
Nevertheless, more and more individuals are trying organic farming as an alternative in promoting healthy diet and well-being.
|Permalink | A A A|
Organic Farming Blog. Filled with interesting facts, comparison articles and opinions on everything related to organic farming.
- Dr. Jeff Masters' WunderBlog
- Angela Fritz's WunderBlog
- Bryan Norcross' Official Blog
- Stu Ostro's Meteorology Blog
- LRandyB's Tropical Weather Discussion
- Portlight Disaster Relief Blog
Tropical Weather Stickers®
Previous Entries for 2013