Located by the Fox River and Chain of Lakes in Northern Il. We boat, fish, love the outdoors, pets, and enjoy life.
By: juslivn, 2:09 AM GMT on February 16, 2013
Leaving friends here is hard. But, you all know how hard it has been for me with these trolls and finally I just don't care anymore. Being called out on the main and in the new Moderator blog was just too much today. Why me? go figure.
I will re-post my first blog ever as I go. I tried, I really tried.
First and Last Blog Juslivn - 2009- 2013
1. Don't play with trolls. (I am now using this theory in all I do lol and giving this advice to others...my kids and husband when they encounter a trouble maker...'troll'!)
2. "Link please" Shuts up a know-it-all in their tracks without being mean...
3. "poof" very empowering! I use it often in my head dealing with unruly people...
4. The essence of being quiet and listening. Hard for me because I'm so curious...and not so quick to catch on to scientific stuff. But, usually if I wait, and watch (listen) the answers show up.
5. "You go now! You been here tooo long." WU, like anything else, can be addicting. Easy does it.
6. There are soooo many smart and hysterically funny people on the blog.
7. I am not alone in my fascination with weather. And, I'm feeling good because on WU I'm in the company of so many rich and caring, fascinating people around the world.
These are my first season observations...who knows if I'll write again, or if anyone will ever read. But, that's ok. It's been very cool. Trying to think of a better ending, joke, or etc...but bfn.
BFN Be safe all ships at sea or in port or where ever you may be. Trains are going to bed now. Candles lit. Prayers up.
By: juslivn, 4:32 PM GMT on February 01, 2013
February started out a -13 wind chill for me this morning. And, a sun dog in the crisp clear blue winter sky. A tell tale sign (imo) of our three lil clippers on their way to annoy us.
Temperatures will rebound up to 23 tomorrow with 1 to 3 inches of snow as our first of three clipper systems come in.
Hmmmm?? Will this mean some cloud cover for our Woodstock, IL Groundhogs Day events?
As you may know (cause I post it every year) the movie Groundhogs Day was filmed not far from here in Woodstock, IL. They have many events planned for tomorrow and enjoy the attention it brings to the beautiful town square shopping and arts district.
Here - Link - is a little clip from last night (Jan. 31, 2013) on WTTW Chicago Tonight, telling all about our nearby claim to fame :)
And, finally, I'll leave off with a picture the yewts posted yesterday from Colorado. Winter in all its glory.
Their Caption: "Pretty much think we have moved to the most beautiful place on earth!"
Have a safe and Happy February all ships at sea or in port, or wherever you may be. Prayers up for any dealing with storms, grief or troubles.
Updated: 2:14 PM GMT on February 13, 2013