Some Much Needed Rain for Mid Michigan
|By: chatcat, 12:54 PM GMT on August 03, 2011||+0|
Although we were under a severe thunderstorm watch most of the afternoon and evening yesterday, there was no severe weather here in my backyard. We received .44" of rain and most of that fell overnight. The dopplar was filled with reds and yellows most of the night, but the heavy stuff missed us this time. I'm seeing rain amounts well over an inch on the CoCoRahs reports this morning in different areas of the state. There are two reports of almost two inches in both Midland and DeWitt. Big Rapids had reports of flash floods with flooded roadways and floating cars. They also reported wind damage from the storms as did Ludington.
This morning is overcast and very damp. Conditions are expected to improve by this afternoon with winds turning to the north and temps remaining near 80F. That should rid us of much of this humidity.
Right now (8:15 AM), our temp is 71.8F, the humidity is 100%, winds are from the south at 7 mph and visibility is only 4 miles due to light fog. The barometer is 29.65" and rising.
- Today: A few sprinkles possible early. Partly cloudy. High 79F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph.
- Tonight: Mainly cloudy. Low 64F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph.
- Tomorrow: Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 84F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
- Tomorrow night: A few clouds from time to time. Low 64F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday: Partly cloudy, chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 60s.
TILL NEXT TIME . . . . CATHIE
|Permalink | A A A|
No reader comments have been posted for this blog entry yet.
Living in Michigan can be exciting. We can have every weather
condition known to man happening in the State at one time.
- Dr. Jeff Masters' WunderBlog
- Angela Fritz's WunderBlog
- Bryan Norcross' Official Blog
- Stu Ostro's Meteorology Blog
- LRandyB's Tropical Weather Discussion
- Portlight Disaster Relief Blog
Tropical Weather Stickers®
Previous Entries for 2014