augusta ga

By: Thunderfan , 11:35 AM GMT on July 01, 2014

Share this Blog
2
+











Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 26 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

26. Barefootontherocks
3:18 AM GMT on August 19, 2014
Upper 90s here today. I am looking forward to the temperatures dropping. Lpl
'Nite, Tf.
Member Since: April 29, 2006 Posts: 154 Comments: 18624
25. Thunderfan
3:02 AM GMT on August 19, 2014
BF - supposed to get in upper 90's here this week. Just the same, there does seem to be a hint of fall in the air. Must be all the school buses driving around.
Member Since: April 14, 2012 Posts: 3 Comments: 797
24. Barefootontherocks
12:53 AM GMT on August 19, 2014
Pretty nice just the same to see thunderheads in summer. Saw one kind of like it but the cloud had a round bump on top like a cherry on top of a sundae. Never got any higher. Made me wonder about an early fall.
Member Since: April 29, 2006 Posts: 154 Comments: 18624
23. Thunderfan
12:40 AM GMT on August 19, 2014
Looked a lot bigger in person. LOL

Member Since: April 14, 2012 Posts: 3 Comments: 797
22. Barefootontherocks
12:34 PM GMT on August 11, 2014
Hi Tf,
Good morning. The trailer looks like fantasyland and the reviews are what you might call lukewarm. I might go see it this week. Just for curiosity and the big screen.
Member Since: April 29, 2006 Posts: 154 Comments: 18624
21. Thunderfan
11:23 AM GMT on August 11, 2014
Hey BF - nope did not see it yet. I'm thinking of waiting until it hits the $5 theater. One of the reviews I read said it has half the plot of Twister. Hmmmm....

Still have to see it on the big screen.
Member Since: April 14, 2012 Posts: 3 Comments: 797
20. Barefootontherocks
1:45 AM GMT on August 11, 2014
Hi Tf,
Did you get to the movies this weekend to see the tornado flick? Wondering what you thought of it if you saw it.
Member Since: April 29, 2006 Posts: 154 Comments: 18624
19. Thunderfan
11:37 AM GMT on August 07, 2014
Today - Sunny - high upper 90's - north wind at 5 MPH...

BORING!!!!

Starting tomorrow 30% to 50% chance of rain/t-storms for the rest of the 7 day forecast. Though there is only a 20% chance of that.

Member Since: April 14, 2012 Posts: 3 Comments: 797
18. Thunderfan
12:27 PM GMT on August 01, 2014
Hey Aug - I didn't see you sneak in here. My bad!

No worries - it had been weeks since I had heard thunder here it seems myself.

Cloudy, gloomy day here so far. Some light rain about to move through. Not too bad really.
Member Since: April 14, 2012 Posts: 3 Comments: 797
17. StAugustineFL
6:28 PM GMT on July 31, 2014
Quoting 16. Thunderfan:

Wow - thunder outside and fairly heavy rain. I can hear the grass slurping it all up.


I'm envious TF! Send some here.
Member Since: March 8, 2011 Posts: 1 Comments: 802
16. Thunderfan
6:20 PM GMT on July 31, 2014
Wow - thunder outside and fairly heavy rain. I can hear the grass slurping it all up.
Member Since: April 14, 2012 Posts: 3 Comments: 797
15. Thunderfan
10:20 AM GMT on July 21, 2014
Hey BF and Donnie - thanks for stopping by. Actually got some rain overnight! Pretty foggy out there now.

The temps may read below normal today, but the humidity is quite high.
Member Since: April 14, 2012 Posts: 3 Comments: 797
14. DonnieBwkGA
12:39 AM GMT on July 20, 2014
The cool air made it down to Alma but never reached Brunswick. 64 at Alma on July 17th broke the old record by 3 degrees.
Member Since: June 29, 2013 Posts: 29 Comments: 2084
13. Barefootontherocks
7:34 PM GMT on July 19, 2014

MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 1413
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
1255 PM CDT SAT JUL 19 2014

AREAS AFFECTED...PORTIONS OF ERN GA...SRN SC

CONCERNING...SEVERE POTENTIAL...WATCH UNLIKELY

VALID 191755Z - 192030Z

PROBABILITY OF WATCH ISSUANCE...5 PERCENT

SUMMARY...THUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON MAY BECOME STRONG...AND IT IS
POSSIBLE THAT AN ISOLATED DMGG WIND GUST OR A WEAK TORNADO COULD
OCCUR. WW ISSUANCE IS NOT ANTICIPATED.

DISCUSSION...CLX AND JGX VWPS SAMPLE A VERTICALLY VEERING WIND
PROFILE IN THE LOWER TROPOSPHERE...CONSISTENT WITH WAA-ENCOURAGEMENT
OF THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY IN A WEAKLY CAPPED...MOISTURE-RICH...AND
UNSTABLE ENVIRONMENT ACROSS THE REGION. SCATTERED STORMS WILL
CONTINUE AFFECTING THE AREA AMIDST NUMEROUS SFC BOUNDARIES -- A
REGIME WHICH PRECEDES A DISORGANIZED...LOW-AMPLITUDE...MID-LEVEL
CYCLONIC PERTURBATION GLANCING THE SRN APPALACHIANS. ENHANCED FLOW
ALOFT ATTENDANT TO THIS FEATURE IS OFFERING 20-25 KT OF 0-6-KM BULK
SHEAR. THIS DEEP SHEAR...ALONG WITH LOW-LEVEL DIRECTIONAL SHEAR
IMPLIED BY THE AFOREMENTIONED WIND PROFILE...ARE BEING MANIFEST AS
WEAKLY ORGANIZED CONVECTIVE STRUCTURES NEAR THE JGX RDA...INCLUDING
MARGINAL/TRANSIENT SUPERCELL AND LEWP STRUCTURES EXHIBITING
LOW-LEVEL MESO-VORTICES.

SIMILAR ACTIVITY MAY CONTINUE/SPREAD EWD THROUGH THE AFTERNOON ON
EITHER SIDE OF A SFC FRONT ANALYZED FROM WEAK LOW PRESSURE OVER
CNTRL GA EWD TO THE SC BORDER...WHICH THEN RUNS SEWD INVOF SAVANNAH
RIVER. WITH MARGINAL/MODERATE INSTABILITY IN PLACE ON EITHER SIDE OF
THE BOUNDARY...AND AMPLE FRONTAL BAROCLINICITY NEAR THE SFC LOW...A
FEW STRONGER STORMS MAY ENSUE. AN ISOLATED DMGG WIND GUST CANNOT BE
RULED OUT...AS WATER LOADING ENHANCES WET MICROBURSTS. THE
AFOREMENTIONED LOW-LEVEL SHEAR AND LOW LCLS MAY SUPPORT A WEAK
TORNADO. HOWEVER...WITHOUT STRONGER DEEP ASCENT...AND WITH POOR
LAPSE RATES IN PLACE...THE SVR RISK IS NOT EXPECTED TO WARRANT WW
ISSUANCE.

..COHEN/CARBIN.. 07/19/2014

:)
Member Since: April 29, 2006 Posts: 154 Comments: 18624
12. Thunderfan
11:06 AM GMT on July 17, 2014
Ahhh - 62F this morning. Feels like spring! The well-advertised cool air has finally arrived.
Member Since: April 14, 2012 Posts: 3 Comments: 797
11. Thunderfan
11:12 AM GMT on July 15, 2014
Wow - nice photo BF. Maybe the bolt ran its way down to a book by Ben Franklin, eh?

I saw some anvil tops out the window yesterday, but no boomers or rain. Maybe today.

KY - was great seeing family and friends. Also great enjoying those cool upper 80's. LOL.
Member Since: April 14, 2012 Posts: 3 Comments: 797
10. Barefootontherocks
3:03 AM GMT on July 15, 2014
Maybe those little boomers on the radar will reach your house. ;)

Have had Boomers here, but no rain yet.
Member Since: April 29, 2006 Posts: 154 Comments: 18624
9. Barefootontherocks
3:01 AM GMT on July 15, 2014
Hi tf,
Found this on Twitter and thought you might likee.
Hope your trip to Kentucky was a good one.

Member Since: April 29, 2006 Posts: 154 Comments: 18624
8. Barefootontherocks
2:31 AM GMT on July 07, 2014
I saw you had Martinez on your local weather icon deal. There's a Martinez, CA pronounced Mar teen' ez.

Possibly "talk" at you before then, but have a safe journey. Be sure you have plenty camera batteries for interesting weather or other photos.
;)
Member Since: April 29, 2006 Posts: 154 Comments: 18624
7. Thunderfan
2:25 AM GMT on July 07, 2014
Thanks BF! Martinez is where I work. Hard to believe it is pronounced Martin-ez thought.

Yep - it will be good to see some folks I had not seen in a long time.
Member Since: April 14, 2012 Posts: 3 Comments: 797
6. Barefootontherocks
2:13 AM GMT on July 07, 2014
Gosh, Tf.
Was gonna drop by and tell you the blueberries in my fridge came from Martinez, GA and the climate there must be pretty nice if you can grow blueberries.

Sorry about your grandma. May her soul rest in Peace. The best part, maybe you'll see familiar faces and places you haven't seen in a while.
Member Since: April 29, 2006 Posts: 154 Comments: 18624
5. Barefootontherocks
6:21 PM GMT on July 04, 2014
Slightly later than forecasted, but Arthur did turn. Good thing. Glad you got some rain.

Have a fun day!

glitter-graphics.com
Member Since: April 29, 2006 Posts: 154 Comments: 18624
4. Thunderfan
6:53 PM GMT on July 03, 2014
Hmmm - told my Dad in Wilmington, NC if would miss him to the east... Hmmmm....

Well, it has started a bit of an easterly turn, but will it be on time? Close call.

About ready to get belted by a line of rain here too. Pretty dry and hot out there, so it will be welcomed.
Member Since: April 14, 2012 Posts: 3 Comments: 797
3. Barefootontherocks
4:21 PM GMT on July 03, 2014
Good morning. Looks like NC's gonna be saying hi to Arthur's eye. Hope the bugger makes his turn soon.
Member Since: April 29, 2006 Posts: 154 Comments: 18624
2. Thunderfan
10:51 AM GMT on July 03, 2014
Looks like a thin outer band of Arthur between Augusta and Columbia. Might see a sprinkle or two here, and a small gust of wind. Always nice to say hi to an outer band.
Member Since: April 14, 2012 Posts: 3 Comments: 797
1. Thunderfan
11:37 AM GMT on July 01, 2014
Quoting 157. Barefootontherocks:

Poor thing doesn't seem to have anywhere to go at the moment except onto the FL coast. Looked like you might've had some rain this eve across GA. Hope so.


Looks like it doesn't want to visit the beaches of Florida anymore. It is the sloppiest it has been in a couple of days. Still some big t-storm cells near it. To be honest, I can't tell where the center is on the satellite loop nor the radar loop. Looks like strengthening will be little if any this morning.

Had a nice shot of rain yesterday afternoon, but no thunder.
Member Since: April 14, 2012 Posts: 3 Comments: 797

Viewing: 26 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About Thunderfan

Thunderfan doesn't have a bio yet.

Local Weather

Light Thunderstorms and Rain
77 °F
Light Thunderstorm Rain

Thunderfan's Recent Photos

Thunder