Kari is the PWSmet. As a meteorologist at wunderground.com, she has experience setting up and installing many types of personal weather stations.
By: Kari Strenfel, 9:54 PM GMT on August 04, 2014
Hi PWS Owners!
Has your station reported bad data and now your summary table is out of whack? Bad data can result from many things:
1) When setting up your station's data communication, and you and your station are indoors with your compute nearby, it will report the indoor temperature for outdoor temperature.
2) When mounting your station on the roof, a fencepost, or on a pole in the backyard, you may tip the rain bucket senso...
By: Kari Strenfel, 5:42 PM GMT on July 09, 2014
Hi PWS owners!
If your station is reporting just fine but you cannot find your station on the wundermap or the station list, it is probably getting flagged and removed by our QC process. We have to sanity check all of the data that comes in from our personal weather stations, to ensure we are displaying reasonable data on our map. However, occasionally some things slip through the cracks, like some erroneous data appearing on the wundermap or accurate ...
By: Kari Strenfel, 7:11 PM GMT on May 28, 2014
We’ve listened to your feedback, and enhancements to the PWS experience have launched!
You can view your data on this new page by going to the PWS Dashboard:
http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-stat ion/dashboard?ID=[ insert PWS ID ]
The biggest difference you’ll see is that we’ve improved the navigation of the PWS Dashboard. Now you can see all of your real-time data in the same location as your history da...
By: Kari Strenfel, 6:02 PM GMT on May 20, 2014
We’ve listened to your feedback, and enhancements to the PWS experience are being launched this week!
You can view your data on this new page by clicking on the link underneath the navigation tabs on the PWS Dashboard titled "We've made changes, see them here":
The biggest difference you’ll see is that we’ve improved the navigation of the PWS Dashboard. Now you can see all of your real-time data in the same location as your hi...
Updated: 6:03 PM GMT on May 20, 2014
By: Kari Strenfel, 7:32 PM GMT on May 09, 2014
Hi PWS owners!
I have a few updates to reports back on the PWS dashboard fixes. We are still diligently working on all of the bugs you have found and launched a few more fixes this past week or so.
1) Under "Graphs and History", the timestamp has been added to the graph line.
2) Have added high and low temps on the tables for the past week, past month, past year and custom views.
3) The solar and uv graphs are now h...