Melissa no threat to land, rain tomorrow, cold air comes in late weekend/next week

By: JohnnyParker , 12:27 PM GMT on November 21, 2013

Share this Blog
1
+

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 44 and it feels like 44. Highs will continue to range between 46 and 68 with lows between 28 and 54. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 70% chance of rain tomorrow, a 30% chance of AM showers on Saturday, a 50% chance of showers on Monday, and a 50% chance of showers on Tuesday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 46 and it feels like 44. Todays high is 65 and a low of 55 with a slight chance of rain. Fridays high is 65 with a 90% chance of rain.

Now, for your severe/winter weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around November 25th-27th, and around December 2nd-6th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, Tropical Storm Melissa has winds of 50mph with a pressure of 984mbars. Movement is East-Northeast at 32mph. Is not a threat to land. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, a tropical depression has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1006hPa. Movement is stationary as it is stalled over the Southern Malay Peninsula. In the North Indian Ocean, Severe Cyclonic Storm Helen is expected to intensify further as it nears landfall. Winds are at 70mph with a pressure of 990hPa. Movement is West at 4mph. Is expected make landfall on the coast of India late Thursday into Friday and, if it maintains itself while crossing over Southern India, will head into the Arabian Sea by late weekend.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 2 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

2. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
12:42 PM GMT on November 22, 2013
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.
1. BaltimoreBrian
4:13 AM GMT on November 22, 2013
Don't forget the Azores! :) Post tropical Melissa may bring gales to the northwestern Azores.
Member Since: August 9, 2011 Posts: 25 Comments: 8059

Viewing: 2 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 19. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.