I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.
By: JohnnyParker , 11:03 AM GMT on October 15, 2013
Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 64 and it feels like 64. Highs will continue to range between 67 and 80 with lows between 43 and 64. There is a 50% chance of PM showers today, an 80% chance of rain tomorrow, a 60% chance of rain on Thursday, and a 40% chance of showers on Saturday. Rainfall of 1-3 inches are possible with isolated amounts of 3+, and flash flooding are the main threats. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 66 and it feels like 66. Todays high is 79 and a low of 65 with a 60% chance of PM showers. Wednesdays high is 66 with an 80% chance of rain.
Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around October 22nd-30th.
Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Octave has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1004mbars. Movement is North-Northeast at 5mph. Should dissipate later this morning or this afternoon. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Priscilla is weak. Winds are at 40mph with a pressure of 1004mbars. Movement is North at 8mph. Is expected to weaken further to a tropical depression later today and is not a threat to any landmasses.
Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.
Comments will take a few seconds to appear.