Watching areas in Atlantic and Eastern Pacific, slight rain chance over next few days

By: JohnnyParker , 11:49 AM GMT on September 27, 2013

Share this Blog
1
+

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 60 and it feels like 60. Highs will continue to range between 78 and 86 with lows between 53 and 62. A Dense Fog Advisory is in effect for Northeast MS until 9am this morning. There is a slight chance of rain on Sunday, a 40% chance of showers on Monday, a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, and a slight chance of rain on Friday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Todays high is 85 with a low of 61. Fridays high is 85.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around September 30th-October 12th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a large area of cloudiness and showers located over the tropical Atlantic about 1000 miles East of the Lesser Antilles is associated with a tropical wave interacting with an upper-level low. Significant development is not expected due to strong upper-level winds, and the National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours while it moves Northwestward and then Northward at about 15 to 20mph. After that time, conditions will be only marginally conducive for development, and the National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, a weak area of low pressure continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms near the Southwestern Coast of Mexico. Some slow development is possible over the next couple of days while the low moves Westward at 5 to 10mph, but upper-level winds are expected to become unfavorable for development by early next week. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Regardless of development, locally heavy rains are still possible near the Southwestern Mexico for another day or two.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Monday morning.

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

Sign In or Register Sign In or Register

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
12:24 PM GMT on September 30, 2013
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 21. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy
91 °F
Partly Cloudy

Recommended Links