No rain over next few days, Atlantic quiet, development in Eastern Pacific possible

By: JohnnyParker , 11:26 AM GMT on September 26, 2013

Share this Blog
1
+

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 66 and it feels like 66. Highs will continue to range between 77 and 85 with lows between 51 and 60. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of a few showers on Monday, a slight chance of rain on Tuesday, a slight chance of rain on Wednesday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Todays high is 85 with a low of 61. Fridays high is 85.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around September 30th-October 11th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, a weak area of low pressure continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms extending a couple hundred miles off the Southwestern Coast of Mexico. Development does not appear likely during the next couple of days, and The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours while it moves West-Northwestward at about 10mph. The low is expected to turn Westward by the weekend, and some development is possible before upper-level winds become less conducive early next week. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Regardless of development, locally heavy rains are possible over portions of Southwestern Mexico during the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
11:49 AM GMT on September 27, 2013
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.