Lorena weakens, watching two disturbances in Atlantic

By: JohnnyParker , 12:30 PM GMT on September 07, 2013

Share this Blog
1
+

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 65 and it feels like 65. Highs will continue to range between 81 and 95 with lows between 59 and 68. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 66 and it feels like 66. Todays high is 94 with a low of 68. Sundays high is 96.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around September 10th-22nd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, satellite and surface data suggest that the low-level circulation associated with the remnants of Gabrielle has become better defined this morning. However, the associated shower and thunderstorm activity remains poorly organized due to strong-upper level winds. Environmental conditions could become more conducive while it moves Northward or Northeastward ahead of a cold front over the Western Atlantic Ocean. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Atlantic, a tropical wave over Western Africa is expected to move over the far Eastern Atlantic Ocean on Sunday, and conditions appear favorable for development after that time. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, but a high chance, 80%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. This disturbance is expected to move Westward at around 10mph near the Cape-Verde Islands in the next couple of days, and then West-Northwestward over the open Eastern Atlantic. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Lorena has winds are at 35mph with a pressure of 1007mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 8mph. Tropical Depression Lorena should dissipate later today.

Hope yall are having a great Saturday and I'll have another post Monday morning.

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
12:01 PM GMT on September 09, 2013
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy
95 °F
Partly Cloudy