Eastern Pacific quiet, Tropical Storm Erin forms in Atlantic

By: JohnnyParker , 12:18 PM GMT on August 15, 2013

Share this Blog
1
+

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 60 and it feels like 60. Highs will continue to range between 82 and 88 with lows between 65 and 69. There is a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday. Some storms could be strong to severe from Friday through next Friday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 59 and it feels like 59. Todays high is 85 with a low of 66. Fridays high is 84 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 19th-30th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, satellite images and surface observations indicate that the weather disturbance in the extreme Northwestern Caribbean Sea has become less organized overnight with most of the shower activity now moving over the Yucatan Peninsula and Belize. Development of this system before it moves over land has become less likely. However, there is still potential for development once the disturbance moves over the Gulf of Mexico. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a high chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Atlantic, we have Tropical Storm Erin. Winds are at 40mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 16mph. Is not expected to become a hurricane and could head toward the Windward Islands by next week. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Praia and parts of the Cape Verde Islands. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

Sign In or Register Sign In or Register

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
11:57 AM GMT on August 16, 2013
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 21. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.

Recommended Links