Monitoring Eastern Pacific, more rain/storms over next couple of days

By: JohnnyParker , 11:55 AM GMT on August 09, 2013

Share this Blog
1
+

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 76 and it feels like 76. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 92 with lows between 65 and 73. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a slight chance of rain on Thursday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Wednesday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 77 and it feels like 77. Todays high is 92 and a low of 74 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Saturdays high is 91 with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 12th-24th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Central Pacific, Hurricane Henriette has weakened. Winds are at 75mph with a pressure of 992mbars. Movement is West-Southwest at 14mph. Is expected to begin weakening as it heads South of Hawaii. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, showers and thunderstorms associated with a weak area of low pressure located about 800 miles Southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico. Environmental conditions appear conducive for some development of this disturbance over the next few days as it moves Westward at 10-15mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours and a high chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, a low pressure trough located about 1600 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of Baja California is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are expected to be marginally conducive for gradual development of this system during the next few days. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post tomorrow.

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

Sign In or Register Sign In or Register

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
2:50 PM GMT on August 10, 2013
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 21. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.

Recommended Links