Hurricane Henriette weakens some, more rain/storms in the forecast

By: JohnnyParker , 11:24 AM GMT on August 07, 2013

Share this Blog
1
+

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 93 with lows between 67 and 74. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Friday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 93 and a low of 75 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Thursdays high is 95 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 12th-22nd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet. In the Eastern Pacific, Hurricane Henriette is beginning to weaken. Winds are at 85mph with a pressure of 983mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 10mph. Is expected to weaken further over the next few days. May be a threat to Hawaii.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
11:23 AM GMT on August 08, 2013
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.