Atlantic quiet, two systems in Eastern Pacific, rain/storms this week

By: JohnnyParker , 6:27 PM GMT on August 04, 2013

Share this Blog
1
+

Good Afternoon! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 89 and it feels like 95. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 93 with lows between 68 and 74. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Tuesday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 86 and it feels like 91. Todays high is 90 and a low of 71 with a slight chance of rain. Mondays high is 90 with a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 5th-17th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Gil is weakening. Winds are at 35mph with a pressure of 1007mbars. Movement is West-Southwest at 9mph. Is not a threat to land. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, we have Tropical Storm Henriette. Winds are at 40mph with a pressure of 1005mbars. Movement is West at 9mph. Is not a threat to land and is not expected to become a hurricane.

Hope yall are having a great Sunday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
12:52 PM GMT on August 05, 2013
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.