Rain/storms most of the upcoming week, could be severe, watching Atlantic

By: JohnnyParker , 12:57 PM GMT on June 16, 2013

Share this Blog
1
+

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Highs will continue to range between 84 and 91 with lows between 68 and 72. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday, and a slight chance of rain on Sunday. Some storms could be strong to severe today through next Sunday. Main threats will be for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out tomorrow. Dr. Greg Forbes, severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving North MS a 2-3 on TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) for tomorrow. This means that there is a 20-30% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 77 and it feels like 77. Todays high is 91 and a low of 73 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Mondays high is 87 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around the June 21st-July 1st.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, shower and thunderstorm activity has increased a little this morning in association with a tropical wave over the Western Caribbean Sea. Slow development of this system is possible before it moves over Central America in a day or so. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. Regardless of development, heavy rains and gusty winds are likely over portions of Central America during the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Sunday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. Happy Father's Day!

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
11:22 AM GMT on June 17, 2013
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.