Warm today and all week, rain chances increase by midweek

By: JohnnyParker , 10:54 AM GMT on May 19, 2013

Share this Blog

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 84 and 91 with lows between 61 and 67. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday, a slight chance of rain on Saturday, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms on Sunday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 89 and a low of 69 with a slight chance of rain. Mondays high is 90.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. There could be severe weather potential around the 24th-25th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, an area of low pressure, associated with the remnants of Alvin, is located about 900 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of Baja California, Mexico. Shower and thunderstorm activity remains disorganized. Any development of this low is expected to be limited due to upper-level winds becoming increasingly unfavorable during the next 24 hours. This system has a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone again during the next 48 hours as it moves Westward at 10 to 15mph.

Hope yall are having a great Sunday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

Sign In or Register Sign In or Register

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
11:12 AM GMT on May 20, 2013
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 21. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.

Recommended Links