We want to hear from you. Please tell us how we can better serve you by taking this survey.

Nadine becomes a hurricane, watching the Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker , 11:54 AM GMT on September 15, 2012

Good morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 59 and it feels like 59. Highs will continue to range between 75 and 87 with lows between 48 and 66. There is a slight chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Monday, and a 30% chance of a few showers on Tuesday. Few storms could be strong to severe with large hail, damaging winds, and heavy rain. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 64 and it feels like 64. Todays high is 86 with a low of 66. Sundays high is 86 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, we have Hurricane Nadine. Nadine has winds of 75mph with a pressure of 985mbars. Movement is Northeast at 15mph. May impact the Azore Islands. In the Eastern Pacific, we have Tropical Storm Kristy. Winds are at 45mph with a pressure of 1001mbars. Movement is Northwest at 9mph. Is not a threat to land. In the Eastern Pacific, satellite images indicate that a tropical depression could be forming about 1000 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of Baja California. If this trend continues, advisories will be initiated later today. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a high chance, 90%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours as it moves slowly West or West-Northwest.

Hope yall are having a great Saturday and I'll have another post tomorrow.

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

Sign In or Register Sign In or Register

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. originalLT
4:14 PM GMT on September 15, 2012
Thanks Johnny. One thing you didn't mention in the Tropical update, was Typhoon Samba, which is heading straight towards Okinawa and our US air base there. Samba has winds up to 125mph sustained, and gusts to over 150mph. It is alkso generating wave heights of up to 48feet!. Please pray for our men and women stationed there.
Member Since: January 31, 2009 Posts: 0 Comments: 8012

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

JohnnyParker's Blog

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 21. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.

Recommended Links