Cooler this morning, quiet week ahead, and watching the Atlantic

By: JohnnyParker , 12:12 PM GMT on September 08, 2012

Share this Blog
0
+

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 78 and 87 with lows between 54 and 63. There is a 60% chance of thundershowers today. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Todays high is 78 and a low of 54 with a 40% chance of showers. Sundays high is 82.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, we have Tropical Storm Leslie. Winds are at 65mph with a pressure of 986mbars. Movement is North at 5mph. Headed toward Bermuda. A Tropical Storm Warning is now in effect for Bermuda. Also, in the Atlantic, we have Hurricane Michael. Winds are at 100mph with a pressure of 974mbars. Movement is North- Northwest at 5mph. No threat to land. In the Atlantic, cloudiness and showers associated with a weak low pressure area located over the North-Central Gulf of Mexico have diminished. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. Also, in the Atlantic, an area of disturbed weather associated with a tropical wave is moving Westward across the Cape-Verde Islands at 15 to 20mph. This wave has potential for development and the National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours.

Hope yall are having a great Saturday and I'll have another post tomorrow.

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

No reader comments have been posted for this blog entry yet.

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.