Dolly weakening over Mexico and Norbert intensifies

By: JohnnyParker , 1:49 PM GMT on September 03, 2014

Share this Blog
0
+

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 91 with lows between 65 and 71. There is a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a slight chance of rain next Tuesday, a slight chance of rain next Wednesday, a 60% chance of AM thundershowers next Thursday, and an 80% chance of thunderstorms next Friday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 89 and a low of 71 with a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms. Thursdays high is 91.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around September 7th-18th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1) Slight Risk of severe weather today in the Upper MS Valley (parts of Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, and much of North Dakota). Main threats will be for large hail, damaging winds, a few tornadoes, heavy rain, and flash flooding. The Storm Prediction Center has a (#2) Slight Risk of severe tomorrow across the Upper Great Lakes (Wisconsin and the U.P. of Michigan). Main threats will be for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) Tropical Depression Dolly has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1004mbars. Movement is West at 8mph. Dolly will continue to weaken and dissipate later today or by tomorrow. Main threats will continue to be for mudslides, flash flooding, heavy rainfall of 3-8 inches with locally 8+ inches in the higher elevations, high winds, and high surf/waves. (#2) A tropical wave is expected to move off the coast of West Africa on Thursday. Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for some development of this system through the weekend while it moves Westward at about 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Norbert has winds of 60mph, gusting to 70mph, with a pressure of 999mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 8mph. A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for just North of Cabo San Lucas. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Cabo San Lucas and La Paz. Is expected to become a hurricane by late today as passes near the coast of the Baja California Peninsula. Main threats will be for rip currents, high waves/surf, high winds, heavy rain, and possible beach erosion. The remnants of Norbert could bring a heavy rain/flash flood threat to Southern California as well as the Southwest U.S. late this weekend into next week. In the Central Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

Sign In or Register Sign In or Register

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
12:36 PM GMT on September 04, 2014
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 21. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.

Recommended Links