Severe weather/heavy rain threat today/tomorrow; Rammasun headed towards Philippines

By: JohnnyParker , 1:01 PM GMT on July 14, 2014

Share this Blog
0
+

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. Highs will continue to range between 77 and 96 with lows between 60 and 72. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 30% chance of a few showers on Thursday, a 60% chance of thundershowers on Friday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Some storms could be strong to severe today through tomorrow with main threats being large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 77 and it feels like 77. Todays high is 95 and a low of 72 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Tuesdays high is 82 with a 40% chance of AM thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 16th-29th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, a large area of disturbed weather centered about 1650 miles West-Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula is associated with a tropical wave. Some slow development of this system is possible over the next few days while it moves to the West or West-Northwest at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, Typhoon Rammasun has winds of 75mph, gusting to 90mph, with a pressure of 980mbars. Movement is West at 19mph. Is expected to hit the Philippines by late today into Wednesday and then reemerge over the South China sea on Wednesday and reintensify into a category 1 storm by Thursday then a category 2 by Friday as it heads for a final landfall in China by Saturday. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
12:25 PM GMT on July 15, 2014
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy
88 °F
Partly Cloudy