Hurricane Arthur makes landfall, headed towards Nova Scotia; Douglas reintensifies

By: JohnnyParker , 12:29 PM GMT on July 04, 2014

Share this Blog
0
+

Good Morning and Happy 4th! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 62 and it feels like 62. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 96 with lows between 59 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, and a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms on Sunday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 63 and it feels like 63. Todays high is 85 with a low of 59. Saturdays high is 89.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 9th-19th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, Hurricane Arthur has winds of 100mph, gusting to 120mph, with a pressure of 973mbars. Movement is Northeast at 23mph. Arthur is a category 2 storm. A Tropical Storm Warning remains in effect from the North Carolina/Virginia Border to Cape Charles Light, Virginia including the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay, Western Albemarle Sound, NC, Nantucket, Massachusetts, Cape Cod from Provincetown, Massachusetts to Chatham, Massachusetts, and Nova Scotia from Port Maitland to Ecum Secum. A Hurricane Warning is in effect from Surf City, North Carolina to the North Carolina/Virginia Border, Pamlico Sound, NC, and the Eastern Albemarle Sound, NC. A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect from New Brunswick, the U.S./Canada Border to Grand-Anse, all of Nova Scotia from Liscomb Mills to Tidnish including Cape Breton Island, and all of Prince Edward Island. Is expected to pass near the Northeast U.S. coastline today through tomorrow then continue its track up into Nova Scotia, Canada by early tomorrow morning through Sunday. Threats for Northeast Seaboard: Tropical Storm-Force wind gusts are possible on Cape Cod, Nantucket Island, and possibly parts of Maine late tonight, some power outages/beach erosion will be possible, as well as heavy rain and flooding. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Douglas has winds of 40mph, gusting to 50mph, with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is Northwest at 6mph. Is not a threat to land. A low pressure area could form well to the Southwest of Southwestern Mexico by early next week, and some gradual development of this system is possible after that while it moves Westward or West-Northwestward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, Tropical Storm Neoguri has winds of 65mph, gusting to 80mph, with a pressure of 985mbars. Movement is Northwest at 14mph. Is expected to become a typhoon by tomorrow and then a category 3 typhoon by Sunday then a category 4 typhoon by Monday. Is expected to make landfall on the Western Japan coast by early Tuesday morning through Wednesday. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday! I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
12:47 PM GMT on July 07, 2014
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.

Local Weather

Scattered Clouds
91 °F
Scattered Clouds