Heavy rain/flash flooding/severe weather today and tomorrow; watching East Pacific

By: JohnnyParker , 11:24 AM GMT on June 09, 2014

Share this Blog
1
+

North MS Local Forecast: Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for North MS until 7pm tomorrow evening. Rainfall totals through tomorrow evening may exceed 4 inches where thunderstorms move repeatedly over the same areas with localized excessive amounts greater than 6 inches possible. Highs will continue to range between 80 and 93 with lows between 64 and 71. There is an 80% chance of thunderstorms today, an 80% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday. Some storms could be strong to severe today with main threats being for large hail, widespread damaging winds, isolated thunderstorms, heavy rain, and flash flooding. Dr. Forbes, the severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving North and Central MS a 2-3 on TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) for today and tomorrow. This means there is a 20-30% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 68 and it feels like 68. Todays high is 86 and a low of 71 with an 80% chance of heavy thunderstorms. Tuesdays high is 77 with a 90% chance of thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 12th-24th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, a low pressure system located about 150 miles South-Southwest of Zihuatanejo, Mexico, is showing signs of organization this morning. Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual development, and this system will likely become a tropical depression during the next day or two while it moves generally West-Northwestward at 5 to 10mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a high chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, a high chance, 90%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, a tropical depression has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1000mbars. Located South of Hengchun, Taiwan. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.


Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
11:50 AM GMT on June 10, 2014
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.