Boris weakening, disturbance in Bay of Campeche; otherwise, quiet across tropics

By: JohnnyParker , 12:22 PM GMT on June 04, 2014

Share this Blog
1
+

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 92 with lows between 68 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms on Thursday, a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a 30% chance of scattered showers on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 90 with a low of 72. Thursdays high is 90 with a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 6th-19th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a stationary trough of low pressure over the Bay of Campeche is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Strong upper-level winds will likely inhibit significant development of this system. However, this disturbance has the potential to produce locally heavy rains during the next few days over portions of Southeastern Mexico. The National Hurricane Center is giving a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Boris has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1003mbars. Movement is North at 5mph. Main threats for Mexico will continue to be for heavy rainfall of 10-20 inches with locally 20+, gusty winds, flash flooding, and mudslides. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

1. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
11:58 AM GMT on June 05, 2014
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.

Viewing: 1 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.