Heavy rain/flash flooding threat late Thursday through Saturday

By: JohnnyParker , 11:41 AM GMT on May 07, 2014

Share this Blog
1
+

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 57 and it feels like 57. Highs will continue to range between 76 and 87 with lows between 53 and 66. There is a 90% chance of thunderstorms on Friday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday, a slight chance of rain on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, and a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday. Heavy rain of 1-3 inches with isolated amounts of 3+, and flash flooding are the main threats between late Thursday through Saturday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 61 and it feels like 61. Todays high is 85 with a low of 61. Thursdays high is 85 and mostly cloudy.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 8th-14th, and around May 22nd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, a large area of disturbed weather located several hundred miles South of Manzanillo, Mexico is associated with an elongated area of low pressure. This system is expected to move generally Northward and then Northeastward toward the coast of Mexico over the next couple of days. Environmental conditions appear to be favorable for some development during the next day or so, but upper-level winds are forecast to become less conducive when the disturbance approaches the coast later this week. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Regardless of development, locally heavy rains could affect portions of Southwestern Mexico over the next few days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

Display: 0, 50, 100, 200 Sort: Newest First - Order Posted

Viewing: 2 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

2. WunderAlertBot (Admin)
11:54 AM GMT on May 08, 2014
JohnnyParker has created a new entry.
1. originalLT
12:20 PM GMT on May 07, 2014
Thanks Johnny, nice synopsis of the tropical situation in the Pacific.
Member Since: January 31, 2009 Posts: 0 Comments: 7500

Viewing: 2 - 1

Page: 1 — Blog Index

Top of Page

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.