Cold this morning, but warming up nicely; severe weather threat mid to late week

By: JohnnyParker , 12:25 PM GMT on March 31, 2014

Share this Blog
1
+

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 34 and it feels like 34. Highs will continue to range between 70 and 79 with lows between 42 and 62. There is a slight chance of rain on Wednesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 40% chance of thundershowers on Saturday, and a 60% chance of showers on Sunday. A significant severe weather/tornado outbreak is possible Wednesday through Friday. Threats will be for tornadoes, large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain of 1-3 inches with locally 3+ inches, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 37 and it feels like 37. Todays high is 74 with a low of 51. Tuesdays high is 77.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around April 12th-15th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), Very Intense Tropical Cyclone Hellen has winds of 145mph, gusting to 175mph, with a pressure of 925mbars. Movement is Southeast at 5mph. Is currently affecting Madagascar and is beginning to weaken as it turns towards Southern Africa. Is expected to make another landfall in Southern Africa by late Thursday as a weakening tropical storm. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Reader Comments

Comments will take a few seconds to appear.

Post Your Comments

Please sign in to post comments.

or Join

Not only will you be able to leave comments on this blog, but you'll also have the ability to upload and share your photos in our Wunder Photos section.

No reader comments have been posted for this blog entry yet.

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy
93 °F
Partly Cloudy