JohnnyParker's Blog

Severe weather threat from Plains to upper-midwest this weekend

By: JohnnyParker, 12:52 PM GMT on August 28, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Highs will continue to range between 84 and 96 with lows between 68 and 73. There is an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Sunday, a slight chance of rain next Monday, a 40% chance of AM thunderstorms next Wednesday, a slight chance of rain next Thursday, a slight chance of rain on next Friday, and a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms next Saturday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Todays high is 95 with a low of 69. Fridays high is 94.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 30th-September 12th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a Slight Risk of severe weather Saturday across parts of the Northern Plains area. Main threats will be for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a Day 4 (Sunday, August 31-Monday, September 1) severe weather risk from parts of Eastern Nebraska, most of Minnesota, most of Iowa, Northern Kansas, Southeastern South Dakota, Western Wisconsin, and Northwestern Missouri. Includes cities like Omaha, Nebraska, Minneapolis, Minnesota, St. Paul, Minnesota, Lincoln, Nebraska, and Des Moines, Iowa. Potential threats will be for tornadoes, large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) Hurricane Cristobal has winds of 75mph, gusting to 90mph, with a pressure of 985mbars. Movement is Northeast at 26mph. Expected to become extratropical by the weekend. Not a threat to any landmasses, but rip currents/high waves/surf are expected for Bermuda and along the East Coast. A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for Bermuda. (#2) A tropical wave located over the Eastern Caribbean Sea continues to produce disorganized cloudiness and showers. Upper-level winds are expected to remain unfavorable for development during the next couple of days while the system moves across the Eastern and Central Caribbean Sea. However, environmental conditions could become conducive for some development when the system moves over the Northwestern Caribbean Sea on Sunday and into the Southwestern Gulf of Mexico early next week. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#3) A tropical wave is forecast to move off the West coast of Africa on Friday. Environmental conditions could be conducive for some gradual development of this system while it moves Westward at 10 to 15mph across the Eastern Atlantic early next week. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#4) A weak area of low pressure near the coast of South Texas is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Significant development of this system is unlikely before it moves inland over South Texas and Northern Mexico today. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next couple of days, and a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Marie has winds of 50mph, gusting to 65mph, with a pressure of 995mbars. Movement is Northwest at 16mph. Is expected to weaken to a depression by this weekend. Is not a threat to land, but will cause an increase in high surf/waves and strong rip currents for Southern California at least through Friday. In the Central Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.


Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Maria weakening, Cristobal out to sea, and several features to watch in Atlantic

By: JohnnyParker, 12:19 PM GMT on August 27, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 96 with lows between 67 and 72. There is an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Sunday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms next Monday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms next Wednesday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms next Thursday, and a slight chance of rain on Friday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Todays high is 94 with a low of 69. Thursdays high is 95.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 30th-September 11th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a Slight Risk of severe weather today from Western Kansas into Southern Nebraska. Main threats will be for isolated tornadoes, large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a Day 5 (Saturday, August 30-Sunday, August 31) severe weather risk from parts of Eastern Nebraska, Southern Minnesota, Western Iowa, Northern Kansas, Southeastern South Dakota, and extreme Northwestern Missouri. Includes cities like Omaha, Nebraska, Minneapolis, Minnesota, St. Paul, Minnesota, Lincoln, Nebraska, and Des Moines, Iowa. Potential threats will be for isolated tornadoes, large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) Hurricane Cristobal has winds of 80mph, gusting to 100mph, with a pressure of 983mbars. Movement is North at 12mph. Expected to become extratropical by the weekend or into early next week. Not a threat to any landmasses, but rip currents/high waves/surf are expected for Bermuda and along the East Coast. A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for Bermuda. (#2) A tropical wave located about 600 miles East of the Lesser Antilles continues to produce disorganized cloudiness and showers. This system is now expected to move generally Westward across the Caribbean Sea with little development during the next few days. However, environmental conditions could become favorable for some development early next week in the Western Caribbean Sea or Southern Gulf of Mexico. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#3) A tropical wave is forecast to move off the West coast of Africa on Friday. Conditions appear to be favorable for some development thereafter while the system moves Westward at 10 to 15mph across the Eastern Atlantic. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#4) Shower and thunderstorm activity associated with a weak low pressure area located over the Northwestern Gulf of Mexico has increased during the past several hours. Some additional development is possible before the system moves inland over Southern Texas and Northern Mexico on Thursday. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next couple of days, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Hurricane Marie has winds of 85mph, gusting to 105mph, with a pressure of 974mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 13mph. Is expected to weaken to tropical storm intensity by late today then to a depression by this weekend. Is not a threat to land, but will cause an increase in high surf/waves and strong rip currents for Southern California over the next couple of days. In the Central Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

severe weather Hurricane

Permalink

Rain/storms chance increasing by weekend/early next week; Cristobal a hurricane

By: JohnnyParker, 11:59 AM GMT on August 26, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Highs will continue to range between 88 and 96 with lows between 66 and 73. There is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms next Saturday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms next Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms next Monday, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms next Tuesday, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms next Wednesday, and an 80% chance of thunderstorms next Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 77 and it feels like 77. Todays high is 93 and a low of 69 with a slight chance of rain. Wednesdays high is 94.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 30th-September 10th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has no severe weather risk over the next two to three days.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) Hurricane Cristobal has winds of 75mph, gusting to 90mph, with a pressure of 987mbars. Movement is North at 12mph. Expected to become extratropical by the weekend or into early next week. Not a threat to any landmasses, but rip currents/high waves/surf could be threats for Bermuda and along the East Coast. A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for Bermuda. (#2) A tropical wave located about 1000 miles East of the Lesser Antilles continues to produce disorganized showers and a few thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are not expected to be favorable for significant development during the next couple of days, but could become more conducive by the end of the week or this weekend while the system moves Westward to West-Northwestward at about 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#3) A tropical wave is forecast to move off the West coast of Africa late this week. Conditions appear to be favorable for some development thereafter while the system moves Westward at 10 to 15mph across the Eastern Atlantic. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Tropical Depression Karina has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1004mbars. Movement is East at 3mph. Is expected to continue to wander around and may dissipate by late this afternoon. Is not a threat to any landmasses. (#2) Hurricane Marie has winds of 105mph, gusting to 125mph, with a pressure of 961mbars. Movement is Northwest at 14mph. Is expected to weaken to tropical storm intensity by late tonight/early Wednesday then to a depression by this weekend. Is not a threat to land, but may cause an increase in high surf/waves and rip currents from the coastline of Mexico up to Southern California over the next couple of days. In the Central Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Karina very weak, Marie weakens from cat.5 intensity; Cristobal strengthens

By: JohnnyParker, 12:23 PM GMT on August 25, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 77 and it feels like 77. Highs will continue to range between 88 and 97 with lows between 67 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms next Saturday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms next Sunday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms next Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms next Tuesday, and a slight chance of rain next Wednesday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 77 and it feels like 77. Todays high is 93 and a low of 72 with a slight chance of rain. Tuesdays high is 92.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 30th-September 9th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has no severe weather risk over the next two to three days.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) Tropical Storm Cristobal has winds of 60mph, gusting to 65mph, with a pressure of 994mbars. Movement is North at 3mph. Expected to become a hurricane by Wednesday as it heads between the East Coast and Bermuda. Not a threat to any landmasses, but rip currents/high waves/surf could be threats for Bermuda and along the East Coast. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for parts of the Northern Bahamas. (#2) A tropical wave located about 1100 miles West-Southwest of the Cape Verde Islands is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Conditions do not appear to be favorable for development during the next few days, but could become more conducive by the end of the week while the system moves Westward to West-Northwestward at about 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Karina has winds of 40mph, gusting to 50mph, with a pressure of 1003mbars. Movement is East-Southeast at 10mph. Is expected to become a depression by late today and may dissipate by Tuesday. Is not a threat to any landmasses. (#2) Major Hurricane Marie has winds of 145mph, gusting to 175mph, with a pressure of 932mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 12mph. Is expected to continue to weaken and expected to weaken to tropical storm intensity by Wednesday then to a depression by Friday. Is not a threat to land, but may cause an increase in high surf/waves and rip currents from the coastline of Mexico up to Southern California over the next couple of days. In the Central Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.


Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Tropical Storm Hurricane Invest 97L

Permalink

Three tropical storms (Karina, Lowell, and Marie) in East Pacific; Watching Atlantic

By: JohnnyParker, 12:24 PM GMT on August 22, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 92 and 100 with lows between 65 and 74. There is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms next Thursday, a slight chance of rain next Friday, and a slight chance of rain next Sunday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 98 with a low of 73. Saturdays high is 99.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 27th-September 6th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1) Slight Risk of severe weather today across the Central Plains. Main threats will be for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. Few isolated tornadoes are possible. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#2) Slight Risk of severe weather today across Coastal North Carolina. Main threat will be damaging wind gusts. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#3) Slight Risk of severe weather tomorrow across portions of Eastern North Dakota, Northern South Dakota, and Western Minnesota. Main threats will be for large hail, damaging wind gusts, heavy rain, and flash flooding.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) Shower and thunderstorm activity associated with a small area of low pressure located North of the Virgin Islands remains disorganized. Interaction of this system with Hispaniola could limit development through tonight. However, environmental conditions are expected to become more conducive for development when the disturbance moves near or over the Southeastern Bahamas on Saturday, and a tropical depression or tropical storm is likely to form over the weekend or by early next week. Regardless of tropical cyclone formation, gusty winds and heavy rainfall are expected across portions of the Leeward Islands, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands today, and over Hispaniola and the Southeastern Bahamas tonight and Saturday. Interests in those islands should monitor the progress of this disturbance. An Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft is scheduled to investigate this system this afternoon, if necessary. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a High chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 80%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Karina has winds of 65mph, gusting to 75mph, with a pressure of 997mbars. Movement is East at 5mph. Is expected to maintain tropical storm intensity until late Monday. Is not a threat to any landmasses. (#2) Tropical Storm Lowell has winds of 65mph, gusting to 75mph, with a pressure of 987mbars. Movement is Northwest at 8mph. Is expected to remain a tropical storm until it weakens to a depression by late Sunday. Is not a threat to land. (#3) Tropical Storm Marie has winds of 45mph, gusting to 60mph, with a pressure of 1004mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 18mph. Is expected to become a hurricane by late tonight and a major hurricane by late Monday. Is not a threat to land. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Low pressure about 640 miles Southeast of Hilo, Hawaii, is moving West slowly. Isolated thunderstorms periodically continue to develop near the low, but are showing little sign of organization. Conditions are conducive for only limited development over the next two days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

severe weather tropics

Permalink

Karina weakens, Lowell strengthens; monitoring two more areas for development

By: JohnnyParker, 12:44 PM GMT on August 21, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 92 and 100 with lows between 67 and 75. There is a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms next Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms next Tuesday, a slight chance of rain next Thursday, and a slight chance of rain next Friday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 96 with a low of 74. Fridays high is 97.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 27th-September 5th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a Slight Risk of severe weather today from the Upper MS Valley to the Ohio Valley (Southern Minnesota, Northern Iowa, Southern Wisconsin, Northern Illinois, much of Indiana, Southern Michigan, extreme Northern Kentucky, and Western Ohio. Main threats will be for damaging winds, large hail, heavy rain, and flash flooding.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) Shower and thunderstorm activity associated with an elongated area of low pressure located about 350 miles East of the Lesser Antilles has changed little in organization during the past several hours. Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for development during the next day or so, and a tropical depression could form while the system moves West-Northwestward at 15 to 20mph across the Lesser Antilles and over the Eastern Caribbean Sea. The mountainous terrain of Hispaniola and Eastern Cuba could limit development during the first part of the weekend, but conditions are expected to become more conducive for development by early next week when the system is forecast to move near or over the Bahamas. Regardless of tropical cyclone formation, gusty winds and heavy rainfall are possible across portions of the Lesser Antilles, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands tonight and Friday. Interests in those islands should closely monitor the progress of this disturbance. An Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft is scheduled to investigate the low this afternoon, if necessary. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Karina has winds of 50mph, gusting to 60mph, with a pressure of 1001mbars. Movement is East-Southeast at 2mph. Is expected to maintain tropical storm intensity until late Sunday. Is not a threat to any landmasses. (#2) Tropical Storm Lowell has winds of 70mph, gusting to 85mph, with a pressure of 985mbars. Movement is Northwest at 3mph. Is expected to remain a tropical storm until it weakens to a depression by Sunday. Is not a threat to land. (#3) Showers and thunderstorms associated with a broad area of low pressure located several hundred miles South of the Gulf of Tehuantepec have not become any better organized during the past few hours. However, environmental conditions are conducive for development, and a tropical depression is likely to form by Friday or Saturday while the system moves West-Northwestward at about 10mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a High chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 90%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Low pressure about 970 miles South-Southwest of Honolulu, Hawaii, is moving West slowly. Isolated thunderstorms occasionally develop near the low, but are showing little sign of organization. Conditions are not conducive for development over the next two days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. (#2) Low pressure about 785 miles Southeast of Hilo, Hawaii, is nearly stationary. Isolated thunderstorms are located near the low, but are showing little sign of organization. Conditions are conducive for only limited development over the next two days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Karina and Lowell not a threat to land; Monitoring areas in Atlantic and East Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 1:20 PM GMT on August 20, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. A Heat Advisory is in effect for parts of North MS until 7pm this evening. Heat Index readings of between 105 to 108 degrees expected. Highs will continue to range between 88 and 102 with lows between 69 and 75. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms next Monday, a slight chance of rain next Tuesday, a slight chance of rain next Wednesday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms next Thursday, and an 80% chance of thunderstorms next Friday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 77 and it feels like 77. Todays high is 97 with a low of 73. Thursdays high is 96.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 27th-September 4th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1) Slight Risk of severe weather today across parts of Southern North Dakota and Eastern South Dakota, and into adjacent Southwestern Minnesota, Northern Nebraska, and Northwestern Iowa. Main threats will be for damaging winds, large hail, isolated tornadoes, heavy rain, and flash flooding.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) Disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity is associated with an elongated area of low pressure located several hundred miles East of the Windward Islands. Gradual development of this system is possible during the next few days while it moves West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph across the Lesser Antilles and into the Caribbean Sea. Interests in the Lesser Antilles and the Northeastern Caribbean Sea should closely monitor the progress of this system. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#2) A tropical wave located about 1000 miles East of the Lesser Antilles continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Any development of this system should be slow to occur during the next day or two while it moves toward the West-Northwest at about 10mph. After that time, development of this system is not anticipated as it begins to interact with the disturbance located to its West. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Karina has winds of 50mph, gusting to 65mph, with a pressure of 1000mbars. Movement is West at 5mph. Is expected to maintain tropical storm intensity until late Sunday. Is not a threat to any landmasses. (#2) Tropical Storm Lowell has winds of 50mph, gusting to 65mph, with a pressure of 996mbars. Movement is Northwest at 5mph. Is expected to remain a tropical storm over the next 4 days until it weakens to a depression by late Saturday. Is not a threat to land. (#3) A broad area of low pressure is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms several hundred miles South of the Gulf of Tehuantepec. Environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for this system to develop into a tropical depression by the end of the week while it moves West-Northwestward at about 10mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 80%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) A center of low pressure was nearly stationary about 850 miles South of Honolulu. Irregular, pulsing thunderstorms continued to develop around the low, but this feature has changed little in organization during the past 24 hours. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Active Eastern Pacific continues, and two areas in Atlantic to watch

By: JohnnyParker, 1:46 PM GMT on August 19, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 92 and 102 with lows between 71 and 75. There is a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms next Tuesday, and a slight chance of rain next Thursday. Few isolated strong to severe storms are possible today with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and localized flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 93 and a low of 72 with a slight chance of rain. Wednesdays high is 96.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 27th-September 3rd.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1) Slight Risk of severe weather today from Southeast Lower Michigan Southwestward across the Midwest to Eastern Missouri. Main threats today will be for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#2) Slight Risk of severe weather tomorrow from Central South Dakota, Northeast Nebraska, far Southwest Minnesota, and Northwest Iowa. Main threats tomorrow will be for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) A weak area of low pressure located about 1000 miles East of the Lesser Antilles is producing disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity. Some slow development of this system is possible later this week as it approaches the Lesser Antilles and moves into the Caribbean Sea. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#2) A tropical wave located about midway between the West Coast of Africa and the Lesser Antilles is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Some slow development of this system is possible over the next several days while it moves toward the West-Northwest at about 10mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Karina has winds of 60mph, gusting to 70mph, with a pressure of 999mbars. Movement is West-Southwest at 7mph. Is expected to maintain tropical storm intensity over the next 4-5 days. Is not a threat to any landmasses. (#2) Tropical Storm Lowell has winds of 50mph, gusting to 65mph, with a pressure of 996mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 7mph. Is expected to remain a tropical storm over the next 4 days until it weakens to a depression by Saturday. Is not a threat to land. (#3) A large, but disorganized area of showers and thunderstorms located over the far eastern Pacific is associated with a tropical wave. A low pressure system is expected to form South of the Gulf of Tehuantepec during the next day or two, and environmental conditions are conducive for the low to become a tropical depression by the weekend while it moves West-Northwestward off the coast of Southwestern Mexico. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) A center of low pressure about 800 miles East-Southeast of Hilo, Hawaii, moved West slowly. Pulsing thunderstorms developing around this low showed increased organization during the past six hours, especially where it interacted with the circulation around tropical storm Karina. Significant easterly shear over the area in question will tend to suppress development during the next two days, however. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. (#2) A center of low pressure about 800 miles South of Honolulu, Hawaii, moved West slowly. Thunderstorms persisted near this low. Significant easterly shear over the area in question will tend to suppress development during the next two days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Karina not a threat to land, Tropical Depression Twelve-E forms; monitoring Atlantic

By: JohnnyParker, 12:45 PM GMT on August 18, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. Highs will continue to range between 88 and 101 with lows between 70 and 74. There is an 80% chance of thunderstorms today, an 80% chance of PM thunderstorms tomorrow, a slight chance of rain on Wednesday, a slight chance of rain on Tuesday, and a slight chance of rain on Wednesday. Few storms could be strong to severe today and tomorrow with main threats being for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 85 and a low of 71 with an 80% chance of thunderstorms. Tuesdays high is 93 with a 60% chance of PM thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 25th-September 2nd.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a Slight Risk of severe weather today across portions of Southern Minnesota and Western Wisconsin/Iowa. Main threats will be for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and localized flash flooding.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) Shower activity with a weak and elongated area of low pressure located about midway between the Lesser Antilles and the Cape Verde Islands remains disorganized. Development of this system is not expected during the next couple of days, but beyond that time, environmental conditions could become a little more favorable for development when the system moves slowly Westward across the central tropical Atlantic. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Karina has winds of 45mph, gusting to 60mph, with a pressure of 1002mbars. Movement is West-Southwest at 12mph. Is expected to maintain tropical storm intensity over the next 4-5 days. Is not a threat to any landmasses. (#2) Tropical Depression Twelve-E has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1005mbars. Movement is West at 9mph. Is expected to become a tropical storm later today and remain a tropical storm over the next 5 days. Is not a threat to land. (#3) An area of low pressure is expected to form in a few days to the South of the Gulf of Tehuantepec. Slow development of this system is possible later this week while the low moves roughly parallel to the coast of Southwestern Mexico. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) A low pressure center about 920 miles East-Southeast of Hilo, Hawaii, has been headed slowly North or Northwest. Isolated thunderstorms near this system remain disorganized. Environmental conditions, especially at the lower levels, are becoming less conducive for development of a tropical cyclone during the next couple of days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. (#2) A weak low pressure area about 770 miles South of Honolulu, Hawaii, has been nearly stationary. Wind shear at the upper levels of the atmosphere will likely prevent further development of this system over the next two days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.


Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Karina weakens; more development possible in Eastern Pacific next week

By: JohnnyParker, 12:53 PM GMT on August 15, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 62 and it feels like 62. Highs will continue to range between 91 and 100 with lows between 64 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, and a slight chance of rain on Sunday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 61 and it feels like 61. Todays high is 90 with a low of 65. Saturdays high is 92.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 18th-30th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1) Slight Risk of severe weather tomorrow across parts of Missouri. Threats will be for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and possible flash flooding.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) An area of low pressure associated with a tropical wave is centered just off the West coast of Africa. This low is accompanied by an area of disturbed weather, and is forecast to move West-Northwestward toward an environment unfavorable for significant development. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Karina has winds of 70mph, gusting to 85mph, with a pressure of 990mbars. Movement is West at 12mph. Is expected to maintain tropical storm intensity over the next 4-5 days. Is not a threat to any landmasses at this time, but may be a threat to Hawaii down to road. (#2) An area of low pressure is forecast to form a few hundred miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula in a couple of days. Some gradual development of this system is possible early next week while it moves Northwestward and then West-Northwestward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Julio has winds of 45mph, gusting to 60mph, with a pressure of 1000mbars. Movement is North-Northeast at 5mph. Is expected to weaken to a tropical depression by late today or by Saturday. Not a threat to land. (#2) An irregular area of low pressure located about 1100 miles East-Southeast of Hilo, Hawaii, produced persistent showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions may support gradual development of this system during the next two days as it moves slowly toward the West to Northwest. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a High chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.


Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another Monday morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Tropical Storm Karen strengthens; Monitoring the Central Pacific for development

By: JohnnyParker, 12:36 PM GMT on August 14, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 60 and it feels like 60. Highs will continue to range between 88 and 98 with lows between 62 and 72. There is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of AM thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a slight chance of rain on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 61 and it feels like 61. Todays high is 87 with a low of 61. Fridays high is 90.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 17th-26th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1) Slight Risk of severe weather Saturday from Eastern Kansas over into Missouri. Threats will be for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and possible flash flooding.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, no development is expected anytime soon. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Karina has winds of 60mph, gusting to 70mph, with a pressure of 998mbars. Movement is West at 14mph. Is expected to become a hurricane by late today/early Friday and remain a hurricane until late Monday. May be a threat to Hawaii down to road, but too early to say for certain. (#2) Satellite-derived wind data indicate that the area of low pressure located about 1150 miles East-Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii has become better defined overnight. Although shower and thunderstorm activity has changed little during the past several hours, gradual development of this disturbance is expected during the next few days and a tropical depression could form by late Friday or Saturday. This system is moving slowly West-Northwestward and is currently crossing 140w longitude, and it will move into the central Pacific basin later this morning. The future discussions on this disturbance will be provided in Tropical Weather Outlooks issued by the Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) in Honolulu, Hawaii. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a High chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 80%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#3) An area of low pressure is forecast to form well South-Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula by Saturday. Some gradual development of this system is possible early next week while the system moves generally Northwestward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Julio has winds of 70mph, gusting to 85mph, with a pressure of 986mbars. Movement is Northeast at 3mph. Is expected to maintain tropical storm intensity until Sunday through Monday when it will weaken to a tropical depression. Not a threat to land. (#2) An area of low pressure located about 1100 miles East-Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual development of this system during the next two days as it moves slowly North or Northwest. The feature will be in the Central Pacific basin later this morning. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a High chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Tropical Storm

Permalink

Tropical Depression Eleven-E develops; more severe weather for Northwest States

By: JohnnyParker, 12:16 PM GMT on August 13, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 63 and it feels like 63. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 98 with lows between 60 and 73. There is a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms on Sunday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a slight chance of rain on Wednesday, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, and a slight chance of rain on Friday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 62 and it feels like 62. Todays high is 85 with a low of 60. Thursdays high is 87.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 17th-28th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1) Slight Risk of severe weather today across the Pacific Northwest/Northern Intermountain Region (parts of Southeastern Washington, Northeastern Oregon, Central/Northern Idaho, and Western Montana). Threats for today will be for heavy rain, possible flash flooding, large hail, and damaging winds. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#2) Slight Risk of severe weather tomorrow across the Northern Rockies area (Western Montana, North-Central Idaho, extreme Northeastern Oregon, and Eastern Washington). Threats for tomorrow will be for heavy rain, flash flooding, large hail, and damaging winds.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, no development is expected anytime soon. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Tropical Depression Eleven-E has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 16mph. Is expected to become a tropical storm by later today and a hurricane by early Saturday morning. May be a threat to Hawaii down to road, but too early to say for certain. (#2) Satellite data and surface observations indicate that the area of low pressure located about 1300 miles East-Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii is gradually becoming better defined. Shower and thunderstorm activity has also become better organized, and environmental conditions are expected to become more conducive for development over the next several days when the system enters the Central Pacific Hurricane Center’s area of responsibility. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Hurricane Julio has winds of 75mph, gusting to 85mph, with a pressure of 988mbars. Movement is North-Northwest at 7mph. Is expected to weaken to a tropical storm by later today and maintain tropical storm intensity through Saturday. Not a threat to land. (#2) Showers and thunderstorms continued around an elongated area of low pressure centered about 1380 miles East-Southeast of Hilo, Hawaii. This system may develop slowly as it moves West-Northwest at 10 to 15mph. If it does develop, the system may enter the Central Pacific basin as early as tonight. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. (#3) A disorganized area of showers and thunderstorms is located along a trough is located about 970 miles Southeast of Hilo, Hawaii. This system is expected to develop slowly, or not at all, as it moves West-Northwest at 10 to 15mph. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Western Pacific, no development is expected in the near term. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Monitoring East Pacific for development; Isolated showers/storms possible across SE

By: JohnnyParker, 12:11 PM GMT on August 12, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 95 with lows between 60 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Tuesday, and an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a slight chance of rain. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 88 and a low of 62 with a slight chance of rain. Wednesdays high is 85.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 17th-27th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a (#1) Slight Risk of severe weather today across parts of the Upper Ohio Valley and Northeast/Mid-Atlantic States (Eastern Indiana, Northern West Virginia, Northern Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia, Southwestern New York, most of Pennsylvania), and a (#2) Slight Risk of severe weather today across parts of the Pacific Northwest/Northern Intermountain Region (parts of extreme Western Montana, Northern Idaho, Southeastern Washington, and East-Central Oregon). Threats for the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast States: large hail, damaging winds, a few isolated tornadoes, heavy rain, and flash flooding. Threats for the Pacific Northwest/Northern Intermountain Region: damaging winds, large hail, heavy rain, and flash flooding. (#3) The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a Slight Risk of severe weather tomorrow across parts of Eastern Oregon, Southern Washington, Central/Northern Idaho, and Western Montana. Threats for tomorrow will be for heavy rain, possible flash flooding, large hail, and damaging winds.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) Shower activity associated with a westward-moving broad area of low pressure centered about 750 miles West-Southwest of the Cape Verde Islands has diminished. Environmental conditions are not favorable for tropical cyclone formation. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) A tropical wave located a few hundred miles South-Southeast of Manzanillo, Mexico is producing a large area of cloudiness and showers. Although the thunderstorm activity has recently weakened, environmental conditions are conducive for development, and a tropical depression is likely to form within a few days while the system moves West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph.The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 90%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#2) A broad area of low pressure has formed about 1500 miles East-Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Some slow development of this system is possible over the next few days while it moves to the West or West-Northwest at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Julio has winds of 70mph, gusting to 85mph, with a pressure of 990mbars. Movement is Northwest at 9mph. Is expected to weaken to a tropical depression by Saturday. Not a threat to land. In the Western Pacific, no development is expected in the near term. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

severe weather

Permalink

More rain/storms today for Southeast U.S., tropical development possible in Atlantic

By: JohnnyParker, 12:12 PM GMT on August 11, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 94 with lows between 65 and 73. There is an 80% chance of thunderstorms today, a slight chance of rain tomorrow , a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Tuesday, and a slight chance of rain on Wednesday. Few storms could be strong to severe today with main threats being for damaging winds, large hail, heavy rain, and flash flooding. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 91 and a low of 70 with an 80% chance of thunderstorms. Tuesdays high is 88 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 17th-26th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has no highlighted risk area over the next 2 to 3 days.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) Shower activity has changed little in association with a broad area of low pressure located a couple hundred miles Southwest of the Cape Verde Islands. Some gradual development of this system is still possible in a few days after it encounters a more conducive environment while it moves Westward at about 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) A large area of cloudiness and showers centered a few hundred miles South-Southeast of Acapulco, Mexico, is associated with a tropical wave. Strong upper-level winds are expected to limit significant development of the wave during the next couple of days. After that time, however, environmental conditions are expected to become more conducive, and a tropical depression is likely to form later this week while the system moves generally West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Hurricane Julio has winds of 80mph, gusting to 95mph, with a pressure of 986mbars. Movement is Northwest at 9mph. Is expected to weaken to a tropical storm by tomorrow then to a tropical depression by Saturday. Not a threat to land. In the Western Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Genevieve has winds of 65mph, gusting to 80mph, with a pressure of 985mbars. Movement is Northwest at 17mph. Is expected to weaken to a depression by late Tuesday/early Wednesday. Will dissipate within the next few days. Is not a threat to land. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Hurricane

Permalink

Iselle makes landfall, Julio a major hurricane, Halong nearing landfall on Japan

By: JohnnyParker, 1:34 PM GMT on August 08, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 94 with lows between 65 and 73. There is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 60% chance of rain on Friday, a slight chance of rain on Saturday, and a 30% chance of AM showers on Sunday. Few storms could be strong to severe today through Monday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out today. Dr. Forbes, severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving North MS a TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) value of 2 for today. This means there is a 20% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 87 and a low of 73 with a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Saturdays high is 90 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 11th-23rd.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a Slight Risk of severe weather tomorrow over a portion of the High Central Plains (Eastern Colorado, Western Nebraska, and Northwestern Kansas).

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, no development is expected anytime soon. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) A trough of low pressure located several hundred miles South of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Strong upper-level winds are likely to prevent any significant development of this system while it moves Northwestward at around 10mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Iselle has winds of 60mph, gusting to 75mph, with a pressure of 1001mbars. Movement is West at 7mph. Is expected to continue to weaken and may dissipate by late Monday or Tuesday before it reaches the Western Pacific. A Tropical Storm Warning remains in effect for Honolulu, Hawaii and for the islands of Oahu, Maui, and Kauai. A Hurricane Warning remains in effect for Hilo, Hawaii and for Kona, Hawaii. Threats for Hawaii will be for heavy rain, flash flooding, mudslides, high winds, high waves/surf, rough seas, rip currents, and coastal flooding. (#2) Major Hurricane Julio has winds of 120mph, gusting to 150mph, with a pressure of 962mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 16mph. Julio is expected to track North of Hawaii and weaken to a tropical storm by late Monday. Could cross the dateline and into the Western Pacific by mid to late next week. In the Western Pacific, (#1) Typhoon Halong has winds of 85mph, gusting to 105mph, with a pressure of 950mbars. Movement is North at 11mph. Is expected to hit Japan as a category 1 typhoon by late this evening into Saturday then weakening to a tropical storm by late Sunday into Monday as it heads towards Russia. Is expected to impact Japan by today through Sunday. Threats will be for heavy rain, high winds, flash flooding, rough seas, high surf/waves, coastal flooding, and possible mudslides. (#2) Super Typhoon Genevieve has winds of 160mph, gusting to 195mph, with a pressure of 915mbars. Movement is Northwest at 10mph. Is expected to weaken to a tropical storm by Tuesday. Is not a threat to land. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

Hurricane

Permalink

Julio strengthens, Iselle getting close to Hawaii, Genevieve enters the West Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 12:57 PM GMT on August 07, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Highs will continue to range between 90 and 96 with lows between 69 and 75. There is a slight chance of rain today, an 80% chance of PM thunderstorms tomorrow, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms on Friday, and an 80% chance of thunderstorms. Few storms could be strong to severe today through Monday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 94 and a low of 74 with a slight chance of rain. Fridays high is 88 with an 80% chance of thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 9th-22nd.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has no highlighted risk areas over the next two to three days.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, no development is expected anytime soon. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Hurricane Julio has winds of 100mph, gusting to 120mph, with a pressure of 976mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 17mph. Julio is expected to remain at hurricane intensity until Saturday. Is expected to threatened Hawaii by between late Saturday through Monday. (#2) A trough of low pressure located several hundred miles South of Manzanillo, Mexico, is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Some slow development of this system is possible during the next few days while it moves West-Northwestward or Northwestward at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Hurricane Iselle has winds of 90mph, gusting to 115mph, with a pressure of 982mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 18mph. Is expected to maintain hurricane strength until landfall which will be late this evening and then weaken to a tropical storm by Friday morning. A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for Kauai. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Honolulu, Hawaii and for the island of Oahu and Maui. A Hurricane Warning is in effect for Hilo, Hawaii. Threats for Hawaii will be for heavy rain, flash flooding, mudslides, high winds, high waves, rough seas, and possible rip currents. In the Western Pacific, (#1) Typhoon Halong has winds of 85mph, gusting to 105mph, with a pressure of 945mbars. Movement is North-North at 9mph. Is expected to reintensify into a category 2 storm by tomorrow and make landfall late tomorrow or early Saturday. Is expected to impact Japan by early Friday through Sunday. Threats will be for heavy rain, high winds, flash flooding, rough seas, high surf/waves, and possible mudslides. (#2) Super Typhoon Genevieve has winds of 150mph, gusting to 185mph, with a pressure of 950mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 16mph. Is expected to become a category 5 storm by later today into tomorrow and then weaken to a tropical storm by Monday. Is not a threat to land. In the North Indian Ocean, (#1) Land Depression Two has winds of 35mph. Located over Midnapore, West Bengal, India. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Hurricane

Permalink

Rain returns tomorrow through early next week; Bertha speeding away from land

By: JohnnyParker, 12:57 PM GMT on August 06, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Highs will continue to range between 91 and 97 with lows between 70 and 74. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms on Friday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 60% chance of thundershowers on Wednesday, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, and a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms on Friday. Few storms could be strong to severe tomorrow through Monday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Todays high is 95 with a low of 73. Thursdays high is 95 with a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 9th-21st.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has no highlighted risk areas over the next two to three days.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) Tropical Storm Bertha has winds of 50mph, gusting to 65mph, with a pressure of 1007mbars. Movement is Northeast at 28mph. May head just South of Newfoundland early Thursday/early Friday morning and then Ireland and England by Sunday as a powerful extratropical system. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Hurricane Julio has winds of 75mph, gusting to 90mph, with a pressure of 989mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 17mph. Julio is expected to remain at hurricane intensity until late Friday. Is expected to threatened Hawaii by between Friday through Sunday. (#2) A surface trough located several hundred miles South-Southwest of Acapulco, Mexico is producing disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity. Development of this disturbance, if any, is expected to be slow while the system moves Westward to West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph during the next few days. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Genevieve has winds of 60mph, gusting to 70mph, with a pressure of 999mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 14mph. Is expected to become a hurricane by Thursday morning as it nears and/or enters the Western Pacific basin. Is not a threat to land and will remain South of Hawaii. (#2) Hurricane Iselle has winds of 100mph, gusting to 120mph, with a pressure of 974mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 13mph. Is expected to continue to weaken and become a tropical storm by Thursday morning. Expected to hit Hawaii by Thursday afternoon/evening through Friday. A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for Hilo, Hawaii and for Maui. Threats for Hawaii will be for heavy rain, flash flooding, mudslides, high winds, high waves, rough seas, and possible rip currents. In the Western Pacific, (#1) Typhoon Halong has winds of 100mph, gusting to 120mph, with a pressure of 955mbars. Movement is North-Northeast at 8mph. Is expected to weaken back to a category 1 storm by late Friday/early Saturday. Is expected to impact Japan by early Friday into Sunday. Threats will be for heavy rain, high winds, flash flooding, rough seas, high surf/waves, and possible mudslides. In the North Indian Ocean, (#1) Land Depression Two has winds of 30mph. Located over Midnapore, West Bengal, India. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.


Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Bertha weakens, Iselle remains a powerful storm, Julio strengthening, Halong weakens

By: JohnnyParker, 12:14 PM GMT on August 05, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Highs will continue to range between 90 and 97 with lows between 67 and 73. There is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, and a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Todays high is 94 with a low of 69. Wednesdays high is 95.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 7th-20th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a Slight Risk of severe weather tomorrow across the Mid-MS Valley from Southern Iowa down into Northern Missouri and over into Western Illinois. Main threats will be for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and possible flash flooding.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) Tropical Storm Bertha has winds of 65mph, gusting to 75mph, with a pressure of 1005mbars. Movement is North-Northeast at 22mph. May affect a small portion of Newfoundland early Thursday/early Friday morning and then Ireland and England by Sunday as a powerful extratropical system. Expect high rip current risk along the East Coast between now and Wednesday. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Major Hurricane Iselle has winds of 125mph, gusting to 155mph, with a pressure of 955mbars. Movement is West at 8mph. Is expected to maintain category 3 intensity through today as it enters the Central Pacific and weakening to a tropical storm by early Thursday morning as it heads towards a landfall in Hawaii by late Thursday/early Friday. (#2) Tropical Storm Julio has winds of 60mph, gusting to 70mph, with a pressure of 1000mbars. Movement is West at 15mph. Julio is expected to become a hurricane by later today or by tomorrow morning. Is expected to threatened Hawaii over the weekend into early next week. (#3) A small low pressure system is located several hundred miles South-Southeast of Acapulco, Mexico. Shower and thunderstorm activity as increased and become more concentrated near the center of circulation during the past several hours, and upper-level winds are expected to gradually improve over the next few days while the system moves West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Tropical Depression Genevieve has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 16mph. Is expected to regain tropical storm intensity by later today and expected to become a hurricane by Friday as it nears and/or enters the Western Pacific basin. Is not a threat to land and will remain South of Hawaii. In the Western Pacific, (#1) Typhoon Halong has winds of 105mph, gusting to 125mph, with a pressure of 950mbars. Movement is North at 9mph. Is expected to maintain category 2 strength over the next few days and then a category 1 storm by Saturday. Is expected to impact Japan by early Friday into Sunday. Threats will be for heavy rain, high winds, flash flooding, rough seas, high surf/waves, and possible mudslides. In the North Indian Ocean, (#1) Land Depression Two has winds of 30mph. Located over Midnapore, West Bengal, India. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Bertha intensifies, Iselle a major hurricane, and Julio forms; Halong heads for Japan

By: JohnnyParker, 1:09 PM GMT on August 04, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Highs will continue to range between 88 and 96 with lows between 67 and 73. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 60% chance of PM thunderstorms on Monday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, and a slight chance of rain. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 92 and a low of 68 with a slight chance of rain. Tuesdays high is 94.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 7th-19th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has no highlighted risk areas over the next two to three days.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) Tropical Storm Bertha has winds of 70mph, gusting to 85mph, with a pressure of 999mbars. Movement is Northwest at 18mph. Bertha is expected to become the second hurricane of the season by tomorrow as it heads between the East Coast of the United States and Bermuda. Is expected to weaken back to a tropical storm by Wednesday morning as it heads out to sea over the North Atlantic. May affect a small portion of Nova Scotia early Thursday into Friday. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Major Hurricane Iselle has winds of 125mph, gusting to 155mph, with a pressure of 958mbars. Movement is West at 9mph. Is expected to maintain category 3 intensity over the next day or two as it enters the Central Pacific and weakening to a tropical storm by late Wednesday as it heads towards a landfall in Hawaii by Thursday. (#2) Tropical Storm Julio has winds of 45mph, gusting to 60mph, with a pressure of 1004mbars. Movement is West at 13mph. Julio is expected to become a hurricane by late Tuesday. Not a threat to land at this time. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Tropical Depression Genevieve has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is West at 16mph. Is expected to regain tropical storm intensity later today. Is not a threat to land and will remain South of Hawaii. (#2) Disorganized showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of low pressure are located about 500 miles South of Hilo, Hawaii. Upper-level winds are not currently favorable for development of this system, and any development of this system should be slow to occur while it moves Westward at around 15mph. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Western Pacific, (#1) Major Typhoon Halong has winds of 120mph, gusting to 150mph, with a pressure of 940mbars. Movement is Northwest at 4mph. Is expected to weaken to a category 2 storm by Wednesday and then a category 1 storm by Thursday. Is expected to impact Japan by late Thursday into Saturday. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Tropical Storm Bertha forms in Atlantic; Tropical Storm Iselle in Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 1:14 PM GMT on August 01, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 66 and it feels like 66. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 97 with lows between 66 and 71. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow, a slight chance of rain on Friday, a 40% chance of AM thunderstorms on Saturday, and a 30% chance of AM showers. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Todays high is 87 with a low of 68. Saturdays high is 87 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 8th-16th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has no highlighted risk areas over the next two to three days.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, (#1) Tropical Storm Bertha has winds of 45mph, gusting to 60mph, with a pressure of 1008mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 20mph. Bertha is expected to maintain tropical storm intensity over the next couple of days as it heads towards Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Dominican Republic, the Bahamas, and Bermuda. The Southeast U.S. coastline may feel indirect impacts from Bertha with threats being for high waves, possible rip currents, and rough seas. Is not expected to become a hurricane. A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for St. Vincent and the Grenadines. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Barbados, St. Lucia, Dominica, the Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Iselle has winds of 60mph, gusting to 70mph, with a pressure of 1002mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 10mph. Is expected to become a hurricane by late tonight. Is not a threat to any landmasses. (#2) A tropical wave is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms several hundred miles South-Southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico. Environmental conditions are conducive for gradual development of this system during the next several days while it moves Westward at 10mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#3) An area of low pressure located about 1275 miles East-Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii is producing minimal shower activity. Upper-level winds are currently not conducive for development, but they could become a little more favorable in a few days while the low moves Westward at around 10mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Remnant low Genevieve is currently located about 500 miles South-Southeast of Hilo, Hawaii. Atmospheric conditions are only marginally favorable for its redevelopment over the next few days as it moves Westward near 10mph. The CPHC (Central Pacific Hurricane Center) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. (#2) An area of low pressure located about 920 miles Southwest of Honolulu, Hawaii. Disorganized showers and isolated thunderstorms have been occurring to the East and Southeast periphery of the system. The surrounding environment may permit this system to develop only slightly as it moves West near 10mph over the next few days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. (#3) An area of low pressure located about 1300 miles East-Southeast of Hilo, Hawaii. It is generating disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity. Upper-level winds are only marginally favorable, and any development of this system should be slow to occur while it moves Westward at around 10mph during the next few days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Western Pacific, (#1) Severe Tropical Storm Nakri has winds of 65mph, gusting to 90mph, with a pressure of 980mbars. Movement is Northwest at 15mph. Nakri is headed towards South Korea, Eastern China, and Russia. Taiwan and Japan could feel some affects from Nakri, but no direct impacts. (#2) Tropical Storm Halong has winds of 65mph, gusting to 80mph, with a pressure of 985mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 6mph. Is expected to become a category 1 typhoon by Saturday, and a category 2 typhoon by early Monday morning. Is not a threat to land at this time, but could become a threat to Japan down the road. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

Permalink

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.