JohnnyParker's Blog

New depression may be developing in Atlantic; rain returns tomorrow and Saturday

By: JohnnyParker, 1:20 PM GMT on July 31, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 68 and it feels like 68. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 94 with lows between 66 and 70. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms on Saturday, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Friday, and a 40% chance of AM showers on Saturday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Todays high is 83 with a low of 65 and cloudy. Fridays high is 85 and a low of 67 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 8th-15th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a Slight Risk of severe weather today over a portion of New England. Main threats will be for large hail and damaging winds.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, A well-defined low pressure system located about 650 miles East of the Southern Windward Islands has been producing organized shower and thunderstorm activity during the past several hours. If this activity persists, tropical depression or tropical storm advisories will be initiated later this morning. Interests in the Lesser Antilles should monitor the progress of this disturbance as it moves West-Northwestward at 15 to 20mph, and watches or warnings may be required for some of these islands later today. A Hurricane Hunter Aircraft is scheduled to investigate the system this afternoon. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a High chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) Showers and thunderstorms continue to increase near an area of low pressure located about 1100 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula. Environmental conditions appear conducive for further development, and a tropical depression is forecast to form during the next day or two while the system moves West-Northwestward at about 10mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a High chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and High chance, 80%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#2) An area of low pressure located about 1550 miles East-Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii is producing disorganized cloudiness and showers. Upper-level winds are only marginally favorable, and any development of this system should be slow to occur while it moves Westward at about 10mph during the next few days. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#3) An area of low pressure is expected to form well Southwest of the Southern Coast of Mexico this weekend. Some gradual development of this system is possible after that time while it moves Westward at about 10mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Tropical Depression Genevieve has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1009mbars. Movement is West at 7mph. Is expected to remain a tropical depression. Not a threat to land. (#2) A disorganized and elongated area of showers and thunderstorms is located about 850 miles Southwest of Oahu. The surrounding environment may permit this system to develop slightly during the next couple of days as it drifts slowly to the West. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. (#3) An area of low pressure located about 1550 miles East-Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii is producing disorganized cloudiness and showers. Upper-level winds are only marginally favorable, and any development of this system should be slow to occur while it moves Westward at about 10mph during the next few days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Western Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Nakri has winds of 45mph, gusting to 70mph, with a pressure of 985mbars. Movement is North-Northwest at 12mph. (#2) Tropical Storm Halong has winds of 50mph, gusting to 65mph, with a pressure of 992mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 9mph. Is expected to become a category 1 typhoon by Saturday, and a category 2 typhoon by early Sunday morning. Is not a threat to land at this time, but could become a threat to Japan down the road. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Watching Atlantic/Eastern Pacific for more development; Chance of rain this weekend

By: JohnnyParker, 1:13 PM GMT on July 30, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 56 and it feels like 56. Highs will continue to range between 83 and 95 with lows between 66 and 70. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday, a slight chance of rain on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a slight chance of rain on Wednesday, a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms on Thursday, and an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Friday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 60 and it feels like 60. Todays high is 85 with a low of 66. Thursdays high is 77 with a low of 65 and cloudy.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 31st-August 14th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has no highlighted risk area over the next two to three days.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of low pressure located about 1150 miles East of the Southern Windward Islands remain limited. This system remains continues to show signs of organization, however, and the low could develop into a tropical depression later today or tomorrow while it moves generally West-Northwestward near 15mph. Interests in the Lesser Antilles should monitor the progress of this system. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a High chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) An area of low pressure located about 1000 miles South-Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions should support the gradual development of this system during the next several days while it moves West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and High chance, 80%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#2) Disorganized cloudiness and showers are associated with a broad area of low pressure located about 1500 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula. Some slow development of this system is possible during the next several days while it moves Westward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) Tropical Depression Genevieve has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1009mbars. Movement is West at 7mph. Is expected to once again become a tropical storm by later today and remain at that intensity until Saturday. Not a threat to land. (#2) An elongated area of showers and thunderstorms is located about 820 miles South-Southwest of Oahu. The surrounding environment may permit this system to develop slightly as it continues to move slowly West during the next couple of days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. (#3) An area of disorganized convection was centered about 1600 miles Southwest of Oahu. There is little, if any, indication that any organization is possible with this system during the next couple of days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Western Pacific, (#1) Tropical Storm Nakri has winds of 40mph, gusting to 60mph, with a pressure of 992mbars. Movement is North at 18mph. (#2) Tropical Storm Halong has winds of 65mph, gusting to 80mph, with a pressure of 992mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 10mph. Is expected to become a category 1 typhoon late Friday, and a category 2 typhoon by early Saturday morning. Is not a threat to land at this time, but could become a threat to Japan down the road. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

New tropical depression likely in Atlantic; monitoring Eastern/Western Pacific basins

By: JohnnyParker, 1:05 PM GMT on July 29, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 65 and it feels like 65. Highs will continue to range between 80 and 96 with lows between 60 and 66. There is a 30% chance of a few showers on Thursday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a slight chance of rain on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a slight chance of rain on Monday, a slight chance of rain on Tuesday, and a 30% chance of PM thunderstorms on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Todays high is 82 with a low of 60. Wednesdays high is 84.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 31st-August 13th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has no highlighted risk area over the next two to three days.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, satellite data indicate that showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of low pressure located about 1600 miles East of the Southern Windward Islands continue to become better organized. This system could develop into a tropical depression later today or tomorrow while it moves Westward or West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a High chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 80%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Hernan has winds of 40mph, gusting to 50mph, with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 16mph. Is expected to continue weakening to a tropical depression by Tuesday morning. Is not a threat to land. (#1) A large area of cloudiness and showers extending several hundred miles off the Southwestern coast of Mexico is associated with a tropical wave. Environmental conditions appear conducive for gradual development of this system later this week or this weekend while it moves Westward to West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) The weak remnant low of former tropical depression Genevieve is currently located about 660 miles Southeast of Hilo, Hawaii. The surrounding environment may permit this system to develop slightly as it continues to move West near 10mph during the next couple of days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. (#2) A weak center of low pressure area about 780 miles South-Southwest of Oahu, Hawaii. The surrounding environment may permit this system to develop slightly as it continues to move West near 10mph during the next couple of days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. (#3) A center of low pressure was located about 1520 miles Southwest of Oahu, Hawaii. The convection associated with this feature developed during the past six hours, and the surrounding environment may permit this system to develop further as it continues to move West near 10mph during the next couple of days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. (#4) A weak center of low pressure located about 1050 miles East-Southeast of Hilo, Hawaii moved Westward at about 10mph. The surrounding environment may permit this system to develop slightly as it continues to move West near 10mph during the next couple of days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Western Pacific, (#1) Tropical Depression Inday has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 996mbars. (#2) Tropical Storm Halong has winds of 60mph, gusting to 75mph, with a pressure of 998mbars. Movement is Northwest at 5mph. Is expected to become a category 1 typhoon later today and a category 2 typhoon by Friday. Is not a threat to land. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.


Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Warm/humid today, but cooler midweek; Hernan weakens, monitoring Atlantic

By: JohnnyParker, 1:03 PM GMT on July 28, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 76 and it feels like 76. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 93 with lows between 59 and 65. There is a slight chance of rain today, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, a slight chance of rain on Friday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 78 and it feels like 80. Todays high is 86 with a low of 64. Tuesdays high is 83.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 31st-August 12th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) has a Slight Risk of severe weather today from the Coastal Carolinas Southwestward to the Central Gulf Coast States. Threats will be for damaging winds, large hail, heavy rain, and flash flooding. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a tropical wave located several hundred miles Southwest of the Cape-Verde Islands is producing disorganized cloudiness and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual development of this disturbance over the next several days while it moves generally Westward at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Hernan has winds of 70mph, gusting to 85mph, with a pressure of 994mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 15mph. Is expected to continue weakening to a tropical depression by late Tuesday into early Wednesday morning. Is not a threat to land. (#1) an area of low pressure located about 1400 miles East of the Big Island of Hawaii is producing limited shower activity. Upper-level winds are expected to remain unfavorable for significant development during the next couple of days while the low moves Westward at around 10mph. By midweek, the system is expected to move Westward into an area of cooler water in the Central Pacific basin that will lead be unfavorable for development. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#2) An area of low pressure could form well South or Southwest of Southern Mexico by later this week. Some gradual development of this system is possible after that time as the system moves generally West-Northwestward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, (#1) The remnant low of former tropical depression Genevieve is currently located about 860 miles Southeast of Hilo, Hawaii. Environmental conditions may be somewhat conducive for development of this system as it continues to moves Westward at about 10mph during the next couple of days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. (#2) A elongated area of showers and thunderstorms is located about 810 miles South of Honolulu, Hawaii. Environmental conditions may be somewhat conducive for development of this system as it continues to move Westward at about 10mph during the next couple of days. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. (#3) An area of low pressure located about 1500 miles East-Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii is producing minimal shower activity. Environmental conditions are expected to remain unfavorable for significant development of this system during the next several days while it moves Westward at about 10mph. This area may reach 140 degrees West in 48 hours. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Western Pacific, (#1) a Tropical Depression has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1000mbars. (#2) a Tropical Depression has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Updated: 1:16 PM GMT on July 28, 2014

Permalink

Genevieve forms in Eastern Pacific; Severe weather threat this weekend

By: JohnnyParker, 12:33 PM GMT on July 25, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 61 and it feels like 61. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 97 with lows between 60 and 76. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday. Few storms could be strong to severe Sunday evening through early Monday morning. Main threats will be for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 63 and it feels like 63. Todays high is 89 with a low of 66. Saturdays high is 94.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 2nd-9th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. There is a Slight Risk of severe weather tomorrow from the Northern Kansas Eastward across the Midwest and Ohio River Valley. Threats will be for widespread damaging winds of 60+ mph, large hail, tornadoes, heavy rain, and flash flooding. There is a Slight Risk of severe weather on Sunday across much of the Ohio Valley Eastward to the Mid-Atlantic. Threats will be for widespread damaging winds of 60+ mph, large hail, tornadoes, heavy rain, and flash flooding.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Genevieve has winds of 40mph, gusting to 50mph, with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is West at 10mph. Is not expected to be a threat to land or become a hurricane. Expected to remain a tropical storm through Saturday night then weaken to a depression by Sunday. May bring some rains to Hawaii by early to mid next week. (#1) An area of low pressure located a little more than a thousand miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula is producing disorganized shower activity. There is some potential for development during the next day or two before the environment becomes unfavorable. The system is forecast to move toward the West or West-Northwest at about 10mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#2) A large, but disorganized area of showers and thunderstorms, associated with a tropical wave, continues well South of the coast of Southern Mexico. Upper-level winds are expected to become a little more favorable for development of this system over the next few days while it moves West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#3) Another area of low pressure forecast to form well South of Southeastern Mexico late this weekend. Some gradual development of this system is possible after that time. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, a disorganized area of low pressure located about 900miles Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii continues to produce widely scattered thunderstorms across a broad area. This system may develop during the next few days as it moves Westward across the Central Pacific. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next few days as Matmo has dissipated over China. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.


Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

Permalink

New depression could form in Eastern Pacific; staying mild and humid for SE U.S.

By: JohnnyParker, 1:10 PM GMT on July 24, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 96 with lows between 61 and 75. There is a slight chance of rain today, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Todays high is 86 and a low of 63 with a slight chance of rain. Fridays high is 90.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 1st-8th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. There is a Slight Risk of severe weather today for parts of Eastern Montana into Western and Central North Dakota, and parts of adjacent Northern South Dakota. Threats in this area will be for large hail and damaging winds. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. There is a Slight Risk of severe weather on Saturday from the Central Plains to the Ohio Valley and the Lower Great Lakes. Threats will be for damaging winds (possibly widespread) of 60+ mph, large hail, a few tornadoes, heavy rain, and flash flooding.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) A low pressure system located about 1550 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula has changed little in organization overnight. Environmental conditions appear conducive for development, and this system is expected to become a tropical depression during the next day or two while it moves Westward or West-Northwestward at about 10mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a High chance, 80%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 80%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#2) A large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms has formed well South of the coast of Southeastern Mexico. Upper-level winds are expected to become more favorable for development of this system over the next few days while it moves generally West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#3) Another area of low pressure could form during the next couple of days about 1000 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula. Some gradual development of this system is possible by the weekend while it moves generally West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, A surface trough of low pressure about 1100 miles Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii produced thunderstorms showing a limited, asymmetrical organization. This system may develop during the next few days as it moves further Westward across the Central Pacific. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next few days as Matmo has dissipated over China. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Matmo weakening as it hits Eastern China; 4 disturbances in Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 12:24 PM GMT on July 23, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 97 with lows between 60 and 74. There is a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow, a slight chance of rain on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, and a 30% chance of scattered showers on Friday. Some storms could be strong to severe today with main threats being for damaging winds and large hail. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 91 and a low of 73 with a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms. Thursdays high is 86 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 24th-August 7th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. There is a Slight Risk (#1) of severe weather today extending across much of Montana, Northern Idaho, and Eastern Washington. There is a Slight Risk (#2) of severe weather today from Eastern Wyoming to Western South Dakota to Northwestern Nebraska. There is a Slight Risk (#3) of severe weather today for much of Eastern New York up into Maine. Threats will be for damaging winds, large hail, heavy rain, and possible flash flooding. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. There is a Slight Risk of severe weather tomorrow for parts of Eastern Montana and the Western Dakotas. Threats in this area will be for large hail and damaging winds. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, Tropical Depression Two has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1012mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 20mph. Is not expected to become a tropical storm or hurricane as it heads towards the Lesser Antilles/Leeward Islands by Thursday. Tropical Depression Two or its remnants are expected to bring rain to portions of the Islands. In the Eastern Pacific, (#1) showers and thunderstorms associated with an area of low pressure located about 1300 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula continue to show signs of organization. Environmental conditions appear conducive for additional development and this system is expected to become a tropical depression during the next few days while it moves Westward or West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a High chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 80%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#2) A tropical wave located about 1700 miles East-Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Some development of this system is possible during the next few days while it moves Westward into the Central Pacific. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#3) An area of low pressure is forecast to form several hundred miles South of the coast of Mexico in a few days. Some development of this system is expected over the weekend while it moves generally West-Northwestward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. (#4) Yet another area of low pressure could form during the next couple of days several hundred miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula. Some gradual development of this system is possible by the weekend while it moves generally Westward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, Typhoon Matmo has winds of 75mph, gusting to 90mph, with a pressure of 985mbars. Movement is North-Northwest at 8mph. Is expected to hits Eastern China today, and then weaken to a tropical storm by Thursday then dissipating over Eastern China by Friday or over the weekend. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Tropical Depression #2 forms in Atlantic; monitoring East Pacific for development

By: JohnnyParker, 1:01 PM GMT on July 22, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Highs will continue to range between 84 and 94 with lows between 62 and 71. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, a slight chance of rain on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, and a slight chance of rain on Thursday. Some storms could be strong to severe tomorrow with main threat being for damaging winds. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Todays high is 88 and a low of 72 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Wednesdays high is 89 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 24th-August 6th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. There is a Slight Risk of severe weather today from the Central Plains Eastward towards Southern Lake Michigan and then across the Black Hills Region. Main threats will be for damaging winds and large hail. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. There is a Slight Risk of severe weather tomorrow extending from parts of Western/Central Montana then from parts of New England. Threats will be for damaging winds, large hail, heavy rain, and possible flash flooding. There is a Slight Risk of severe weather Thursday for parts of Eastern Montana and the Western Dakotas. Threats in this area will be for large hail and damaging winds.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, Tropical Depression Two has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1012mbars. Movement is West at 16mph. Is not expected to become a tropical storm or hurricane as it heads towards the Lesser Antilles/Leeward Islands by Thursday. Tropical Depression Two or its remnants are expected to bring rain to portions of the Islands. In the Eastern Pacific, shower and thunderstorm activity continues in association with an area of low pressure located about 1050 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula. Some gradual development of this system is possible during the next few days while it moves Westward or West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. An area of low pressure is forecast to form several hundred miles South of the coast of Mexico in a few days. Some development of this system is possible by the weekend as it moves generally West-Northwestward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. An area of low pressure could form in a few days about 1200 miles East-Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Some development of this system is possible by the weekend as it moves generally Westward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, Typhoon Matmo has winds of 95mph, gusting to 120mph, with a pressure of 965mbars. Movement is Northwest at 17mph. Is expected to weaken to a category 1 storm by later today as it hits Taiwan then Eastern China by tomorrow, and then dissipating over Eastern China by Friday morning. A Tropical Depression has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.


Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Typhoon Matmo headed for Taiwan/China; Sunshine/warmth returns to the Southeast U.S.

By: JohnnyParker, 11:43 AM GMT on July 21, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. A Dense Fog Advisory is in effect for parts of North MS until 9am this morning. Visibility of 1/4 mile or less in localized areas expected. Highs will continue to range between 70 and 94 with lows between 66 and 72. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a slight chance of rain on Friday, a slight chance of rain on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, and a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Tuesday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 65 and it feels like 65. Todays high is 89 with a low of 69. Tuesdays high is 88 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 22nd-August 5th.

Now, for your Nationwide Severe Weather Outlook. There is a Slight Risk of severe weather today extending from Northern South Dakota, Minnesota, and parts of Western Wisconsin. There is a Moderate Risk of severe weather today extending from Central/Eastern North Dakota into North-Western Minnesota. Main threats will be for widespread damaging winds of 60+ mph, large hail, tornadoes, heavy rain, and flash flooding. There is a Slight Risk of severe weather tomorrow from Southeastern Wisconsin down into Northern Illinois. Main threats will be for damaging winds and large hail. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. There is a Slight Risk of severe weather on Wednesday extending from parts of Montana then from parts of New England. Threats will be for damaging winds, large hail, heavy rain, and possible flash flooding.

Tropical Update: Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, shower activity associated with a broad area of low pressure, located about 1200 miles West-Southwest of the Cape Verde Islands, has become a little better organized over the past several hours. However, any additional development of this system is expected to be slow to occur over the next couple of days while it moves to the West or West-Northwest at 15 to 20mph. After that time, environmental conditions are expected to become unfavorable for development. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, disorganized showers and thunderstorms continue in association with an area of low pressure located several hundred miles South-Southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico. Although convective activity remains limited, some slow development of this system is still possible during the next few days while it moves Westward or West-Northwestward at around 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. An area of low pressure is expected to form well South of the coast of Mexico later this week. Some development of this system is possible by this weekend as it moves generally Westward to West-Northwestward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Central Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, Typhoon Matmo has winds of 80mph, gusting to 95mph, with a pressure of 970mbars. Movement is North-Northwest at 17mph. Is expected to become a category 2 storm by Tuesday and a category 3 storm by Wednesday as it heads towards Taiwan, Eastern China, and then on up to North/South Korea/Russia by the weekend. A Tropical Depression has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Updated: 12:21 PM GMT on July 21, 2014

Permalink

Wali forms in Central Pacific; Rammasun a very powerful typhoon, and Matmo forms

By: JohnnyParker, 12:38 PM GMT on July 18, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 60 and it feels like 60. Highs will continue to range between 70 and 94 with lows between 66 and 72. There is an 80% chance of rain/thunder today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, and a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 68 and it feels like 68. Todays high is 67 and a low of 66 with an 80% chance of rain. Saturdays high is 81 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 20th-August 2nd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Central Pacific, Tropical Storm Wali has winds of 45mph, gusting to 60mph, with a pressure of 1003mbars. Movement is Northwest at 12mph. Is not expected to become a hurricane and may bring some rains to Hawaii over the weekend as a weakening depression. In the Western Pacific, Super Typhoon Rammasun has winds of 155mph, gusting to 190mph, with a pressure of 940mbars. Movement is Northwest at 13mph. Is expected to make a final landfall near the China/Vietnam Border by Saturday morning as a category 2 or 3 storm. Tropical Storm Matmo has winds of 45mph, gusting to 55mph, with a pressure of 1002mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 3mph. Is expected to become a category 1 storm by late Sunday then a category 2 storm by Tuesday and a category 3 storm by Wednesday as it heads towards Taiwan and Eastern China. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Heavy rain/flooding threat this weekend; Rammasun headed for China/Northern Vietnam

By: JohnnyParker, 1:08 PM GMT on July 17, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 60 and it feels like 60. Highs will continue to range between 77 and 94 with lows between 65 and 72. There is a 40% chance of PM showers tomorrow, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms on Thursday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Friday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 65 and it feels like 65. Todays high is 83 with a low of 66. Fridays high is 73 with a 60% chance of PM showers.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 20th-August 1st.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Central Pacific, an area of low pressure located about 1065 miles Southeast of the Big Islands of Hawaii has been moving West at 10mph. An area of showers and thunderstorms associated with the disturbance remain sporadic and disorganized. However, environmental conditions are conducive for limited development of the system through today. After that time, upper-level winds are expected to become unfavorable for tropical cyclone development. The Central Pacific Hurricane Center (CPHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Western Pacific, Typhoon Rammasun has winds of 85mph, gusting to 105mph, with a pressure of 960mbars. Movement is Northwest at 17mph. Is expected to reintensify into a category 2 storm by late this evening as it passes over Haikou and make a final landfall near the China/Vietnam Border by Saturday. A Tropical Depression has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is almost stationary. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Heavy rain/flash flooding threat this weekend; Rammasun weakens

By: JohnnyParker, 12:02 PM GMT on July 16, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 59 and it feels like 59. Highs will continue to range between 81 and 92 with lows between 60 and 71. There is a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 70% chance of rain/thunder on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Thursday, and a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Friday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 58 and it feels like 58. Todays high is 82 with a low of 60. Thursdays high is 84.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 19th-31st.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, an area of low pressure located about 1175 miles East-Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii is expected to move Westward into the Central Pacific Basin later today. Shower activity associated with the low remains disorganized, but environmental conditions are still conducive for some development of this system today or Thursday. After that time, upper-level winds are expected to become unfavorable for tropical cyclone formation. The low is forecast to move toward the West or West-Northwest at 10 to 15mph, and move into the Central Pacific basin by late Wednesday. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, Typhoon Rammasun has winds of 90mph, gusting to 115mph, with a pressure of 960mbars. Movement is Northwest at 17mph. Is expected to reintensify into a category 2 storm as it enters the South China Sea by later today then become a category 3 storm again by Thursday, and make a final landfall near the China/Vietnam Border by Saturday. A Tropical Depression has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Cooler today, but getting humid again late week; Heavy rain/storms this weekend

By: JohnnyParker, 12:25 PM GMT on July 15, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. Highs will continue to range between 77 and 96 with lows between 60 and 72. There is a 40% chance of AM thunderstorms today, a 100% chance of rain/thunder on Friday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 83 and a low of 58 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Wednesdays high is 82.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 17th-30th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, shower activity associated with an area of low pressure located about 1400 miles East-Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii has changed little in organization during the past several hours. Environmental conditions appear to be conducive for some development, and this system could still become a tropical depression during the next couple of days. After that time, upper-level winds are forecast to become less favorable for development. This low is expected to move toward the West or West-Northwest at 10 to 15mph, and move into the Central Pacific basin late on Wednesday. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a High chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, Typhoon Rammasun has winds of 115mph, gusting to 145mph, with a pressure of 945mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 10mph. Is expected to continue to affect the Philippines today through Wednesday and then reemerge over the South China sea on Thursday and reintensify into a category 2 storm by late Thursday then a category 3 storm by early Friday, and make a final landfall near the China/Vietnam Border by Saturday. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Severe weather/heavy rain threat today/tomorrow; Rammasun headed towards Philippines

By: JohnnyParker, 1:01 PM GMT on July 14, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. Highs will continue to range between 77 and 96 with lows between 60 and 72. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 30% chance of a few showers on Thursday, a 60% chance of thundershowers on Friday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Some storms could be strong to severe today through tomorrow with main threats being large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 77 and it feels like 77. Todays high is 95 and a low of 72 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Tuesdays high is 82 with a 40% chance of AM thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 16th-29th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, a large area of disturbed weather centered about 1650 miles West-Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula is associated with a tropical wave. Some slow development of this system is possible over the next few days while it moves to the West or West-Northwest at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, Typhoon Rammasun has winds of 75mph, gusting to 90mph, with a pressure of 980mbars. Movement is West at 19mph. Is expected to hit the Philippines by late today into Wednesday and then reemerge over the South China sea on Wednesday and reintensify into a category 1 storm by Thursday then a category 2 by Friday as it heads for a final landfall in China by Saturday. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Hot/humid weekend ahead, Severe weather threat early week, then substantial cool down

By: JohnnyParker, 12:40 PM GMT on July 11, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Highs will continue to range between 81 and 96 with lows between 60 and 74. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 70% chance of rain on Friday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday, and a 70% chance of thunderstorms. Severe weather will be possible Monday through Tuesday of next week with threats including large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 92 with a low of 70. Saturdays high is 96.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 14th-26th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, Tropical Storm Nine has winds of 40mph, gusting to 50mph, with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 13mph. Is expected to become a category 1 by Sunday, a category 2 by Monday, and a category 3 by Tuesday as it nears the Philippines. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Disturbance in Eastern Pacific; hot/dry weekend ahead

By: JohnnyParker, 12:58 PM GMT on July 10, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 83 and 98 with lows between 63 and 74. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesdays, and an 80% chance of rain. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Todays high is 90 with a low of 67. Fridays high is 93.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 14th-25th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, cloudiness and showers associated with a broad area of low pressure located several hundred miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula have increased this morning. However, the system is moving over colder water and into an area of stronger upper-level winds. There is still a chance for some development today before conditions become unfavorable for tropical cyclone formation tonight and Friday. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, Tropical Storm Neoguri has winds of 50mph, gusting to 65mph, with a pressure of 988mbars. Movement is East-Northeast at 33mph. Neoguri will continue near the coast of Japan through Friday and dissipate over the weekend. A Tropical Depression has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Fausto weakens to a depression, Atlantic remains quiet; Neoguri headed into Japan

By: JohnnyParker, 12:25 PM GMT on July 09, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 96 with lows between 67 and 75. There is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesdays, a 50% chance of showers, and a 30% chance of scattered showers. Some storms could be strong to severe today with threats for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Todays high is 87 and a low of 70 with a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Thursdays high is 91.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 13th-24th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, disorganized cloudiness and showers located several hundred miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula are associated with a trough of low pressure. Development, if any, of this system should be slow to occur during the next day or so while it moves West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph. After that time, strong upper-level winds are expected to preclude any development. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Tropical Depression Fausto has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1007mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 18mph. Is expected to remain out to sea. In the Western Pacific, Typhoon Neoguri has winds of 80mph, gusting to 100mph, with a pressure of 970mbars. Movement is North-Northeast at 13mph. Is expected to continue to weaken to a category 1 by tomorrow. Is expected to make landfall on the Western Japan coast by late today into early Thursday morning. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Fausto forms in Eastern Pacific; Neoguri remains powerful category 3

By: JohnnyParker, 12:31 PM GMT on July 08, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 65 and it feels like 65. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 95 with lows between 65 and 74. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, a slight chance of rain, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesdays, and a 70% chance of showers. Some storms could be strong to severe today through Thursday with threats for large hail, damaging winds, locally heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 76 and it feels like 76. Todays high is 93 with a low of 74. Wednesdays high is 85 with a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 11th-23rd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, a broad low pressure system, located several hundred miles Southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Development, if any, of this system should be slow to occur during the next 48 hours as it moves West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph. After 48 hours, upper-level winds are expected to become less conducive for development. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Tropical Storm Fausto has winds of 45mph, gusting to 60mph, with a pressure of 1005mbars. Movement is West at 14mph. Is not expected to become a hurricane and will remain out at sea. In the Western Pacific, Typhoon Neoguri has winds of 125mph, gusting to 155mph, with a pressure of 945mbars. Movement is North at 17mph. Is expected to continue to weaken to a category 2 or 1 by landfall. Is expected to make landfall on the Western Japan coast by late Wednesday into early Thursday morning. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Watching two areas in Eastern Pacific; Super Typhoon Neoguri on track towards Japan

By: JohnnyParker, 12:47 PM GMT on July 07, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 65 and it feels like 65. Highs will continue to range between 83 and 96 with lows between 68 and 74. There is a slight chance of rain today, 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Monday, a 90% chance of thunderstorms on Tuesday, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesdays. Some storms could be strong to severe today, and tomorrow afternoon through Thursday with threats for large hail, damaging winds, locally heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 68 and it feels like 68. Todays high is 91 and a low of 72 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Tuesdays high is 95 with Southwest winds at 13mph with higher gusts.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 10th-22nd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a trough of low pressure, located just offshore of the coast of the Carolinas, is producing disorganized showers and a few thunderstorms. Surfaces pressures remain high across the area and strong upper-level winds should prevent any significant development of this system as it moves Northeastward at about 15mph over the next several days. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone over the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, a broad low pressure system located several hundred miles South-Southwest of Acapulco, Mexico, is producing a large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Gradual development of this system is possible during the next couple of days while it moves West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. A small area of low pressure located several hundred miles South-Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Any development of this disturbance should be slow to occur during the next few days while it moves generally Westward at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, Super Typhoon Neoguri has winds of 155mph, gusting to 190mph, with a pressure of 930mbars. Movement is Northwest at 17mph. Is expected to become a category 5 storm by later today or by early tomorrow morning. Is expected to make landfall on the Western Japan coast by late Wednesday. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God bless!

Permalink

Hurricane Arthur makes landfall, headed towards Nova Scotia; Douglas reintensifies

By: JohnnyParker, 12:29 PM GMT on July 04, 2014

Good Morning and Happy 4th! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 62 and it feels like 62. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 96 with lows between 59 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, and a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms on Sunday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 63 and it feels like 63. Todays high is 85 with a low of 59. Saturdays high is 89.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 9th-19th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, Hurricane Arthur has winds of 100mph, gusting to 120mph, with a pressure of 973mbars. Movement is Northeast at 23mph. Arthur is a category 2 storm. A Tropical Storm Warning remains in effect from the North Carolina/Virginia Border to Cape Charles Light, Virginia including the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay, Western Albemarle Sound, NC, Nantucket, Massachusetts, Cape Cod from Provincetown, Massachusetts to Chatham, Massachusetts, and Nova Scotia from Port Maitland to Ecum Secum. A Hurricane Warning is in effect from Surf City, North Carolina to the North Carolina/Virginia Border, Pamlico Sound, NC, and the Eastern Albemarle Sound, NC. A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect from New Brunswick, the U.S./Canada Border to Grand-Anse, all of Nova Scotia from Liscomb Mills to Tidnish including Cape Breton Island, and all of Prince Edward Island. Is expected to pass near the Northeast U.S. coastline today through tomorrow then continue its track up into Nova Scotia, Canada by early tomorrow morning through Sunday. Threats for Northeast Seaboard: Tropical Storm-Force wind gusts are possible on Cape Cod, Nantucket Island, and possibly parts of Maine late tonight, some power outages/beach erosion will be possible, as well as heavy rain and flooding. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Douglas has winds of 40mph, gusting to 50mph, with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is Northwest at 6mph. Is not a threat to land. A low pressure area could form well to the Southwest of Southwestern Mexico by early next week, and some gradual development of this system is possible after that while it moves Westward or West-Northwestward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a Low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a Low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, Tropical Storm Neoguri has winds of 65mph, gusting to 80mph, with a pressure of 985mbars. Movement is Northwest at 14mph. Is expected to become a typhoon by tomorrow and then a category 3 typhoon by Sunday then a category 4 typhoon by Monday. Is expected to make landfall on the Western Japan coast by early Tuesday morning through Wednesday. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday! I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

Updated: 12:50 PM GMT on July 04, 2014

Permalink

Arthur becomes first Atlantic hurricane of 2014 season; very nice weekend ahead

By: JohnnyParker, 12:35 PM GMT on July 03, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 96 with lows between 59 and 73. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, and a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Todays high is 86 with a low of 63. Fridays high is 85.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 9th-18th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, Hurricane Arthur has winds of 80mph, gusting to 90mph, with a pressure of 983mbars. Movement is North-Northeast at 9mph. A Hurricane Watch remains in effect from the South/North Carolina Border up to just North of Wilmington, NC. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect from South of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina up to Virginia Beach, Virginia. A Hurricane Warning is in effect from North of Wilmington, NC up to just South of Virginia Beach, Virginia. Is expected to pass over Cape Hatteras, North Carolina between late this evening through tomorrow morning then continue its track up into Nova Scotia, Canada by late Saturday/early Sunday. Is not expected to have a direct impact on the Northeast U.S., but threats will be for elevated surf, rip currents, heavy rain, possible flash flooding, rough waves, and gusty winds as it moves near the coastline towards Canada. There is a slight potential that Arthur could get stronger than currently forecasted. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Douglas has winds of 40mph, gusting to 50mph, with a pressure of 1004mbars. Movement is Northwest at 3mph. Is not a threat to land and is expected to weaken to a tropical depression by late this evening. In the Western Pacific, Tropical Depression Eight has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1004mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 16mph. Is expected to become a tropical storm by later today/early Friday and then a category 3 typhoon by early Monday morning as it nears Japan by that time. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.


Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Hurricane

Permalink

Tropical Storm Arthur gaining strength; Douglas weakening, Elida dissipates

By: JohnnyParker, 11:35 AM GMT on July 02, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 96 with lows between 60 and 72. There a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday. Few storms could be strong today with threats being for small hail and damaging winds. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Todays high is 94 and a low of 67 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Thursdays high is 84.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 7th-17th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, Tropical Storm Arthur has winds of 60mph, gusting to 70mph, with a pressure of 998mbars. Movement is North at 6mph. A Tropical Storm Watch remains in effect from Daytona Beach, Florida down to Fort Pierce, Florida. A new Tropical Storm Watch is in effect from south of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina up to Wilmington, North Carolina and on up to Elizabeth City, North Carolina. A Hurricane Watch is in effect for Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. Is expected to intensify into a minimal hurricane by tomorrow afternoon near the South Carolina coastline. Is not expected to have a direct impact on the Northeast U.S., but threats will be for elevated surf, heavy rain, possible flash flooding, rough waves, and gusty winds. There is a slight potential that Arthur could get stronger than currently forecasted. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Douglas has winds of 45mph, gusting to 60mph, with a pressure of 1001mbars. Movement is Northwest at 3mph. Is not a threat to land and is expected to weaken to a tropical depression by early tomorrow morning. Tropical Depression Elida has dissipated. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Hurricane

Updated: 12:05 PM GMT on July 02, 2014

Permalink

Tropical Depression One forms in Atlantic; tracking Douglas/Elida in Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:59 AM GMT on July 01, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 97 with lows between 62 and 72. There a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms on Tuesday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 96 with a low of 72. Wednesdays high is 92 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 7th-16th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, Tropical Depression One has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1007mbars. Movement is stationary. A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect from Daytona Beach, Florida down to Fort Pierce, Florida. Is expected to intensify into a tropical storm later today and may become a minimal hurricane by late Thursday/early Friday near the North Carolina coastline. Is not expected to have a direct impact on the Northeast U.S., but threats will be for elevated surf, heavy rain, possible flash flooding, rough waves, and gusty winds. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Douglas has winds of 45mph, gusting to 60mph, with a pressure of 1001mbars. Movement is Northwest at 7mph. Is not a threat to land and is expected maintain tropical storm intensity until late Thursday. Tropical Storm Elida has winds of 50mph, gusting to 65mph, with a pressure of 1003mbars. Movement is stationary. A Tropical Storm Warning remains in effect from North of Manzanillo, Mexico down to just West of Zihuatanejo, Mexico. Is not expected to become a hurricane, and will begin to move away from the Mexican coastline late Thursday into Friday. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.