JohnnyParker's Blog

More severe weather today for Midwest states; tropics active in Atlantic/East Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:54 AM GMT on June 30, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 98 with lows between 63 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain today, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. Todays high is 95 and a low of 73 with a slight chance of rain. Tuesdays high is 96.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 8th-15th.

More heavy rain/severe weather is expected today across Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Kansas, parts of Nebraska, parts of Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, a little part of Ohio, and back down into the panhandles of Oklahoma/Texas. There is a Moderate Risk for severe weather today from just East of Kansas City, Missouri over to just West of Chicago, Illinois, and up to include Des Moines, Iowa. Threats within the Moderate Risk area will be for tornadoes (possibly strong, long-tracked), very large hail, widespread damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. A Slight Risk for severe weather extends from the Texas Panhandle up to Detroit, Michigan, and down to Springfield, Missouri. Threats within the Slight Risk will be for damaging winds, large hail, heavy rain, flash flooding, and a few isolated tornadoes.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, shower and thunderstorm activity remains minimal in association with a low pressure area located about 210 miles East-Southeast of St. Augustine, Florida, remain limited. Environmental conditions are forecast to become more conducive for development during the next few days and a tropical depression is likely to form by mid-week while the system moves slowly Southwestward, then North and Northeastward near the Southeastern United States coast. The Air Force Reserve reconnaissance aircraft is scheduled to investigate the low this afternoon, if necessary. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a high chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a high chance, 80%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Douglas has winds of 40mph, gusting to 50mph, with a pressure of 1003mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 9mph. Is not expected to become a hurricane and affect any landmasses. Thunderstorm activity associated with an area of low pressure located about 180 miles South-Southeast of Manzanillo, Mexico, continue to show signs of organization. Latest satellite data, plus coastal surface observations and ship reports, indicate the low is producing tropical-storm-force winds. However, the system still lacks a well-defined circulation center. Upper-level winds are not particularly conducive for additional development, but only a slight increase in organization could result in the formation of a tropical storm during the next day or so while the system moves West-Northwestward at about 10mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a high chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a high chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Hurricane Tornado Flood

Updated: 12:41 PM GMT on June 30, 2014

Permalink

More heavy rain/severe weather from the Plains to Midwest States; watching tropics

By: JohnnyParker, 11:37 AM GMT on June 27, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Highs will continue to range between 82 and 96 with lows between 67 and 73. There is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms tomorrow, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 82 and a low of 70 with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Saturdays high is 88 with a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 3rd-12th.

Beginning today and over the weekend/early next week, parts of the Plains to the Midwest will be dealing with another multi-day severe weather outbreak. Main threats will be for heavy rain, flash flooding, widespread damaging winds, very large hail, and tornadoes (few possibly strong). Some of these areas have seen so much rain over the past several days that the ground is now saturated, and is causing rivers, like the Mississippi River to rise.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a non-tropical area of low pressure over South Carolina is expected to move offshore of the Southeastern United States this weekend. Some development of this system is possible while it lingers off the Southeastern coast of the United States early next week. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, cloudiness and disorganized showers and thunderstorms extend for several hundred miles offshore of the coast of Southern Mexico and Central America. An area of low pressure is expected to form within this region of disturbed weather over the weekend, and conditions appear favorable for this system to become a tropical cyclone early next week while it moves West-Northwestward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a high chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.


Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

Updated: 12:25 PM GMT on June 27, 2014

Permalink

Rain/storms continuing over next few days; watching Eastern Pacific/Atlantic

By: JohnnyParker, 11:49 AM GMT on June 26, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Highs will continue to range between 79 and 97 with lows between 69 and 72. There is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 80 and a low of 70 with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Fridays high is 83 with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 3rd-11th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a low pressure area could form off of the Southeastern coast of the United States by early next week. Some development of this system is possible if it remains over water while it drifts Southward or Southwestward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, an area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms extends for several hundred miles offshore of the coast of Southern Mexico and Central America. An area of low pressure is expected to form in a couple of days within this region of disturbed weather to the South of the coast of Mexico, and conditions appear favorable for this system to become a tropical cyclone by late this weekend or early next week while it moves West-Northwestward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a high chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

More development in Eastern Pacific late week into the weekend?

By: JohnnyParker, 11:53 AM GMT on June 25, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 84 and 98 with lows between 70 and 73. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 91 and a low of 71 with a slight chance of rain. Thursdays high is 84 with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 29th-July 10th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, an area of low pressure is expected to form to the South of the coast of Mexico in a couple of days, and conditions appear favorable for some development of this system by the weekend while it moves West-Northwestward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Rain chances continuing over next few days

By: JohnnyParker, 11:54 AM GMT on June 24, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 97 with lows between 69 and 73. There is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday, and a slight chance of rain on Saturday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Todays high is 84 and a low of 69 with a 60% chance of thundershowers with Southwest winds at 14mph with higher gusts. Wednesdays high is 92 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 28th-July 9th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, a low pressure system is expected to form to the South of Mexico by late this week, and development of this system is possible by the weekend while it moves West-Northwestward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Updated: 12:27 PM GMT on June 24, 2014

Permalink

More rain/storms this week; watching disturbance in Eastern Pacific, Atlantic quiet

By: JohnnyParker, 11:52 AM GMT on June 23, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 84 and 95 with lows between 70 and 73. There is a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms tomorrow, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, and a slight chance of rain on Saturday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Todays high is 88 and a low of 71 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Tuesdays high is 90 with a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 28th-July 8th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, the area of low pressure located a few hundred miles South-Southeast of the Baja California, Mexico has not become any better organized during the past several hours. Some development of this system could occur during the next day or so while it moves Northward. After that time, conditions are expected to become unfavorable for development. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Disturbance in Atlantic; increasing rain chances for Southeast this weekend/next week

By: JohnnyParker, 12:19 PM GMT on June 20, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 94 with lows between 69 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 70% chance of PM thunderstorms on Friday, and a slight chance of rain on Saturday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 92 and a low of 73 with a slight chance of rain. Saturdays high is 92 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 21st-July 5th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a weak area of low pressure located about 70 miles East-Northeast of Daytona Beach, Florida, continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms. This system has changed little over the past several hours, and significant development is not expected while it drifts slowly Northward during the next day or so. After that time, conditions are expected to remain unfavorable for development while the disturbance accelerates Northeastward. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Tropics are quiet; hot weather with isolated to scattered pop-up storms continue

By: JohnnyParker, 11:44 AM GMT on June 19, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 68 and it feels like 68. Highs will continue to range between 88 and 95 with lows between 69 and 73. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms on Friday, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 93 and a low of 72 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Fridays high is 94 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 23rd-July 4th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Increasing rain/storm chances going into next week: Atlantic remains quiet

By: JohnnyParker, 11:44 AM GMT on June 18, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Highs will continue to range between 83 and 95 with lows between 69 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain today, a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a slight chance of rain on Friday, a slight chance of rain on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Thursday, and an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Friday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 92 with a low of 71. Thursdays high is 93 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 20th-July 2nd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, disorganized cloudiness and thunderstorms, associated with a tropical wave, are located several hundred miles South-Southwest of Acapulco, Mexico. Although development is not anticipated during the next couple of days, some development of this system is still possible later this weekend while it moves West-Northwestward at 5 to 10mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Rain chances begin to increase late week and into next week

By: JohnnyParker, 11:32 AM GMT on June 17, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Highs will continue to range between 83 and 95 with lows between 69 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a slight chance of rain on Friday, a slight chance of rain on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Tuesday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 92 with a low of 71. Wednesdays high is 93 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 19th-29th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, showers and thunderstorms have diminished in association with a weak trough of low pressure located several hundred miles South-Southeast of Acapulco, Mexico. However, some slow development of this system is possible later this week while it moves Westward or West-Northwestward at 5 to 10mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, Tropical Depression Hagibis has redeveloped. Winds are at 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1000mbars. Movement is East-Northeast at 39mph. Is expected to become a tropical storm by late tomorrow, but that could be when it goes post-tropical. Is not a threat to land. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Sunny weather until late week; monitoring another disturbance in Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 12:07 PM GMT on June 16, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 68 and it feels like 68. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 95 with lows between 67 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain today, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, a slight chance of rain on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Monday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Tuesday, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 91 and a low of 70 with a slight chance of rain. Tuesdays high is 93.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 19th-July 1st.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, a tropical wave is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms several hundred miles South-Southeast of Acapulco, Mexico. Gradual development of this system is possible during the next several days while it moves Westward or West-Northwestward at around 10mph. The National Hurricane Center (NHC) is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected during the next 5-10 days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Nice weather over next few days; Cristina weakening

By: JohnnyParker, 11:49 AM GMT on June 13, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 68 and it feels like 68. Highs will continue to range between 82 and 92 with lows between 60 and 70. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a slight chance of rain on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a slight chance of rain on Wednesday, and a slight chance of rain on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 68 and it feels like 68. Todays high is 81 and a low of 61 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Saturdays high is 85.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 19th-28th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, Hurricane Cristina has winds of 105mph, gusting to 125mph, with a pressure of 971mbars. Movement is Northwest at 8mph. Is not a threat to land and is expected to weaken to a category 1 storm by late tomorrow/early Saturday and then further weaken to a tropical storm by late Saturday/early Sunday. In the Western Pacific, a Tropical Depression has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 998mbars. Located in South China Sea. In the North Indian Ocean, Tropical Cyclone Nanauk has winds of 40mph, gusting to 50mph, with a pressure of 986mbars. Movement is North at 10mph. Located in the Arabian Sea and is expected to further weaken to a tropical depression later today. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Heavy rain and strong to severe storms today; Cristina becomes a category 3 storm

By: JohnnyParker, 12:19 PM GMT on June 12, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 66 and it feels like 66. Highs will continue to range between 79 and 92 with lows between 64 and 71. There is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a slight chance of rain on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms on Thursday, and a slight chance of rain on Friday. Some storms could be strong to severe this evening through early tomorrow morning. Main threats will be for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 66 and it feels like 66. Todays high is 87 with a low of 68. Fridays high is 78 with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 16th-27th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, Major Hurricane Cristina has winds of 145mph, gusting to 175mph, with a pressure of 940mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 8mph. Is not a threat to land and is expected to weaken to a category 2 storm by Friday afternoon and then further weaken to a tropical storm by Sunday. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, Cyclonic Storm Nanauk has winds of 65mph, gusting to 80mph, with a pressure of 986mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 8mph. Located in the Arabian Sea and is expected to briefly become a category 1 storm before weakening again. May fall apart before it even reaches a landmass. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Updated: 1:11 PM GMT on June 12, 2014

Permalink

Storms late afternoon/evening today, but not a soaker; Cristina becomes hurricane

By: JohnnyParker, 12:32 PM GMT on June 11, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Highs will continue to range between 80 and 93 with lows between 63 and 71. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, and a slight chance of rain on Sunday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 68 and it feels like 68. Todays high is 79 and a low of 63 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Thursdays high is 87.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 13th-26th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, Hurricane Cristina has winds of 75mph, gusting to 90mph, with a pressure of 990mbars. Movement is West at 6mph. Is not a threat to land and is expected to become a category 2 storm by tomorrow before weakening by late Friday/early Saturday. In the Western Pacific, Tropical Storm Mitag (Ester) has winds of 45mph with a pressure of 996mbars. Movement is East-Northeast at 35km/h (18kts). In the North Indian Ocean, Cyclonic Storm Nanauk has winds of 65mph, gusting to 80mph, with a pressure of 990mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 5mph. Located in the Arabian Sea and is expected to impact Oman. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

More of the same today: heavy rain/severe weather, Tropical Storm Christina forms

By: JohnnyParker, 11:50 AM GMT on June 10, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for North MS until 7pm this evening. Rainfall totals through this evening may exceed 4 inches where thunderstorms move repeatedly over the same areas with localized excessive amounts greater than 6 inches possible. Highs will continue to range between 76 and 94 with lows between 64 and 72. There is an 80% chance of thunderstorms today, a 60% chance of thundershowers tomorrow, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a slight chance of rain on Sunday, and a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday. Some storms could be strong to severe today with main threats being for large hail, widespread damaging winds, isolated tornadoes, heavy rain, and flash flooding. Dr. Forbes, the severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving North MS a 2-3 on TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) for today. This means there is a 20-30% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Todays high is 75 and a low of 67 with an 80% chance of heavy thunderstorms. Wednesdays high is 80 with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 13th-26th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Christina has winds of 40mph with a pressure of 1004mbars. Movement is West at 3mph. Is not a threat to land and is expected to become a hurricane by late tomorrow. In the Western Pacific, Tropical Depression Ester has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 996mbars. Located South of Taiwan and North of the Northern Philippines. In the North Indian Ocean, Tropical Storm #02A has winds of 45mph with a pressure of 996mbars. Located in the Arabian Sea. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Heavy rain/flash flooding/severe weather today and tomorrow; watching East Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:24 AM GMT on June 09, 2014

North MS Local Forecast: Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for North MS until 7pm tomorrow evening. Rainfall totals through tomorrow evening may exceed 4 inches where thunderstorms move repeatedly over the same areas with localized excessive amounts greater than 6 inches possible. Highs will continue to range between 80 and 93 with lows between 64 and 71. There is an 80% chance of thunderstorms today, an 80% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday. Some storms could be strong to severe today with main threats being for large hail, widespread damaging winds, isolated thunderstorms, heavy rain, and flash flooding. Dr. Forbes, the severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving North and Central MS a 2-3 on TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) for today and tomorrow. This means there is a 20-30% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 68 and it feels like 68. Todays high is 86 and a low of 71 with an 80% chance of heavy thunderstorms. Tuesdays high is 77 with a 90% chance of thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 12th-24th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, a low pressure system located about 150 miles South-Southwest of Zihuatanejo, Mexico, is showing signs of organization this morning. Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual development, and this system will likely become a tropical depression during the next day or two while it moves generally West-Northwestward at 5 to 10mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a high chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, a high chance, 90%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, a tropical depression has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1000mbars. Located South of Hengchun, Taiwan. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.


Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Updated: 12:38 PM GMT on June 09, 2014

Permalink

More rain/storms later today through early next week; watching system near Mexico

By: JohnnyParker, 12:12 PM GMT on June 06, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for North MS until 12am tomorrow morning. Numerous showers and thunderstorms will develop and move across portions of East Arkansas and North MS this afternoon/evening. These storms will produce areas of heavy rainfall and potential flash flooding. Several inches of rain will be possible in areas where thunderstorms move repeatedly over the same areas. Some locations may experience rainfall amounts in excess of 3 inches. Highs will continue to range between 84 and 91 with lows between 66 and 71. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, and a slight chance of rain on Friday. Some storms could be strong to severe today and tomorrow with main threats being for large hail, and widespread damaging winds. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Todays high is 86 and a low of 71 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Saturdays high is 88 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 10th-21st.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, shower and thunderstorm activity associated with a low pressure area over the Southwestern Bay of Campeche has changed little in organization overnight. Although upper-level winds are expected to remain unfavorable for significant development, an Air Force Reserve Reconnaissance Aircraft is still scheduled to investigate this system this afternoon, if necessary. Regardless of tropical cyclone formation, this disturbance will continue to produce heavy rains, along with life-threatening flash floods and mudslides, over portions of Southeastern and Eastern Mexico during the next few days. The National Hurricane Center is giving a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!






Permalink

Severe weather/heavy rain over next few days; disturbance in Bay of Campeche

By: JohnnyParker, 11:58 AM GMT on June 05, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 84 and 91 with lows between 67 and 71. There is a 70% chance of strong storms today, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Thursday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Friday, and a 70% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday. Some storms could be strong to severe today and tomorrow with main threats being for large hail, widespread damaging winds, isolated tornadoes, heavy rain of 1-3 inches with locally 3+, and flash flooding. Dr. Forbes, the severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving North MS a 2-3 on TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) for both today and tomorrow. This means there is a 20-30% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 89 and a low of 71 with a 70% chance of strong storms. Fridays high is 87 with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 10th-20th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, an area of low pressure centered over the Southern Bay of Campeche is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Strong upper-level winds will likely inhibit significant development of this system during the next couple of days before it moves inland over Eastern Mexico by this weekend. However, this disturbance has the potential to produce extremely heavy rains and life-threatening flash floods and mudslides over portions of Southeastern Mexico during the next few days. The National Hurricane Center is giving a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Boris weakening, disturbance in Bay of Campeche; otherwise, quiet across tropics

By: JohnnyParker, 12:22 PM GMT on June 04, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 92 with lows between 68 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms on Thursday, a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a 30% chance of scattered showers on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 90 with a low of 72. Thursdays high is 90 with a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 6th-19th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a stationary trough of low pressure over the Bay of Campeche is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Strong upper-level winds will likely inhibit significant development of this system. However, this disturbance has the potential to produce locally heavy rains during the next few days over portions of Southeastern Mexico. The National Hurricane Center is giving a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Boris has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1003mbars. Movement is North at 5mph. Main threats for Mexico will continue to be for heavy rainfall of 10-20 inches with locally 20+, gusty winds, flash flooding, and mudslides. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Tropical Depression Two forms in East Pacific; staying mild and humid for Southeast

By: JohnnyParker, 11:09 AM GMT on June 03, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 91 with lows between 65 and 72. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Todays high is 87 and a low of 69 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Wednesdays high is 90.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 5th-18th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Two-E has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1002mbars. Movement is North at 6mph. Is expected to become a tropical storm later today and make landfall late tonight into early tomorrow morning. Main threats for Mexico will be for heavy rainfall of 10-20 inches with locally 20+, strong winds, high waves, rough surf, rip currents, flash flooding, and mudslides. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect from Salina Cruz, Mexico down to near Champerico, Mexico. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

A very significant and dangerous severe weather/tornado outbreak is expected today across Iowa, Nebraska, Northern Missouri, Kansas, and over into Illinois. Main threats will be for tornadoes (some could be strong, long-tracked), very large hail, widespread damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Another storm in Eastern Pacific soon?

By: JohnnyParker, 12:06 PM GMT on June 02, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Highs will continue to range between 81 and 90 with lows between 67 and 70. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms tomorrow, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Monday, a 70% chance of light rain on Tuesday, and a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms on Wednesday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 85 and a low of 69 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Tuesdays high is 87 with a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 5th-17th.


Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a stationary trough of low pressure interacting with a large upper-level low is producing widespread cloudiness and disorganized showers over much of the Eastern half of the Gulf of Mexico and across the Yucatan Peninsula. Environmental conditions are expected to remain unfavorable for the development of this system as it moves little this week. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, showers and thunderstorms associated with a low pressure area located about 275 miles South-Southeast of Salina Cruz, Mexico, have become a little better organized overnight and early this morning. Environmental conditions appear conducive for additional development and a tropical cyclone could form later today or Tuesday while the low moves slowly Northwestward to Northward. Regardless of tropical cyclone formation, this system is expected to produce locally heavy rains across portions of Western Central America and Southeastern Mexico this week. These rains could cause life-threatening flash floods and mudslides in areas of mountainous terrain. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a high chance, 80%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a high chance, 90%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.