JohnnyParker's Blog

Amanda dissipates, but monitoring new area for development; Atlantic remains quiet

By: JohnnyParker, 11:51 AM GMT on May 30, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Highs will continue to range between 81 and 90 with lows between 67 and 70. There is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms tomorrow, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a slight chance of rain on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Todays high is 81 and a low of 67 with a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Saturdays high is 84 with a 60% chance of PM thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 1st-14th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, an area of disturbed weather has formed several hundred miles South of Southeastern Mexico. This activity is currently poorly organized, but environmental conditions should become conducive for gradual development of this system during the next few days as it drifts Northward. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Amanda weakens; more isolated to scattered storms today through next week

By: JohnnyParker, 11:37 AM GMT on May 29, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Highs will continue to range between 81 and 92 with lows between 67 and 70. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms tomorrow, a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Todays high is 79 and a low of 68 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Fridays high is 85 with a 60% chance of PM thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 1st-13th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Amanda has winds of 40mph, gusting to 50mph, with a pressure of 1005mbars. Movement is Northeast at 6mph. Is not a threat to any landmasses and is expected to weaken to a tropical depression by late today. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Updated: 11:40 AM GMT on May 29, 2014

Permalink

Heavy rain today through tomorrow, chance of storms over the weekend

By: JohnnyParker, 11:28 AM GMT on May 28, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 66 and it feels like 66. Highs will continue to range between 84 and 94 with lows between 67 and 70. There is an 80% chance of thunderstorms today, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, and a slight chance of rain on Wednesday. Rainfall amounts of 1-3 inches expected today through tomorrow with isolated amounts of 3+ inches. Flash flooding is possible. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Todays high is 87 and a low of 68 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Wednesdays high is 85 with an 80% chance of thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 1st-12th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Amanda has winds of 70mph, gusting to 85mph, with a pressure of 992mbars. Movement is Northeast at 2mph. Is not a threat to any landmasses and is expected to weaken to a tropical depression by Sunday. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Staying hot/muggy; Rain chances on the increase rest of week

By: JohnnyParker, 11:35 AM GMT on May 27, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 94 with lows between 66 and 70. There is a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms today, an 80% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a slight chance of rain. Few strong to severe storms will be possible today with main threats being for penny to quarter size hail, gusty winds of 40-60mph, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Todays high is 87 and a low of 68 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Wednesdays high is 85 with an 80% chance of thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 29th-June 11th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, Major Hurricane Amanda has winds of 125mph, gusting to 155mph, with a pressure of 954mbars. Movement is North-Northwest at 5mph. Is not a threat to any landmasses and is expected to weaken to a tropical storm by late tomorrow. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Updated: 11:40 AM GMT on May 27, 2014

Permalink

Isolated to scattered thunderstorms possible each day this week; Amanda weakens some

By: JohnnyParker, 11:31 AM GMT on May 26, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 63 and it feels like 63. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 94 with lows between 66 and 70. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Todays high is 91 and a low of 67 with a slight chance of rain. Tuesdays high is 90 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 29th-June 10th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, Major Hurricane Amanda has winds of 140mph, gusting to 165mph, with a pressure of 945mbars. Movement is North-Northwest at 7mph. Is not a threat to any landmasses and is expected to begin to weaken to a tropical storm by late tomorrow. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Rain returns mid to late week; Tropical Depression One forms in Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:52 AM GMT on May 23, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 62 and it feels like 62. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 95 with lows between 65 and 68. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Friday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 65 and it feels like 65. Todays high is 90 with a low of 65. Saturdays high is 88.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 28th-June 6th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression One-E has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 5mph. Is expected to become a tropical storm by later today and is not a threat to any landmasses. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Hot/dry for now, Rain/storms return next week; keeping an eye on East Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:56 AM GMT on May 22, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 61 and it feels like 61. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 94 with lows between 63 and 69. There is a slight chance of rain on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Friday, and an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 63 and it feels like 63. Todays high is 90 with a low of 64. Fridays high is 90.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 28th-June 6th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, showers and thunderstorms continue to increase near an area of low pressure located several hundred miles South-Southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico. Environmental conditions appear conducive for additional development of this system during the next few days while it moves Northwestward or West-Northwestward at 5 to 10mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, Depression BOB #02 has formed. Winds are at 30mph with a pressure of 1000mbars. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Monitoring disturbance in Eastern Pacific; overall remaining hot

By: JohnnyParker, 11:59 AM GMT on May 21, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 63 and it feels like 63. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 94 with lows between 62 and 68. There is a slight chance of rain on Sunday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Wednesday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Thursday, and an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Friday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 63 and it feels like 63. Todays high is 88 with a low of 62. Thursdays high is 90.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 26th-June 5th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, a broad area of low pressure located several hundred miles Southwest of Acapulco, Mexico continues to produce disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity. Environmental conditions are expected to be only marginally conducive during the next several days, and any development of this system should be slow to occur while it moves Westward to West-Northwestward at 5-10mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Not much rain chances this week; watching disturbance in Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:56 AM GMT on May 20, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 58 and it feels like 58. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 94 with lows between 63 and 68. There is a slight chance of rain on Sunday, a 30% chance of PM thunderstorms on Tuesday, an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Wednesday, and an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 61 and it feels like 61. Todays high is 87 with a low of 64. Wednesdays high is 88.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 26th-June 4th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, a broad low pressure system is producing a large area of cloudiness and disorganized showers several hundred miles South of Acapulco, Mexico. Environmental conditions appear to be conducive for a generally slow development of the system over the next several days while it moves West-Northwestward at 5-10mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Sunny and warm most of the week; no rain expected over next few days

By: JohnnyParker, 12:08 PM GMT on May 19, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 54 and it feels like 54. A Dense Fog Advisory is in effect for Northeast MS until 9am this morning. Visibilities of less than a quarter of a mile expected. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 92 with lows between 60 and 68. There is a slight chance of rain on Sunday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 55 and it feels like 55. Todays high is 83 with a low of 60. Tuesdays high is 87.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 27th-June 3rd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, an elongated area of low pressure located several hundred miles South of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula is moving slowly Westward. Associated shower activity remains disorganized, and development of this system is becoming less likely due to unfavorable environmental conditions. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

A little cooler today, but warming back up this weekend into next week

By: JohnnyParker, 11:12 AM GMT on May 15, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 51 and it feels like 51. Highs will continue to range between 69 and 94 with lows between 48 and 68. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, and a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 50 and it feels like 50. Todays high is 68 and a low of 48 with Northwest winds at 13mph with higher gusts. Fridays high is 70.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 23rd-30th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Strong to severe storms today; Cooler temperatures tomorrow, but warming back up

By: JohnnyParker, 11:35 AM GMT on May 14, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Highs will continue to range between 69 and 95 with lows between 48 and 67. There is a 100% chance of thunderstorms today, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday. Isolated to scattered strong to severe storms are expected today with main threats being for large hail, damaging winds, a few tornadoes, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 68 and it feels like 68. Todays high is 76 and a low of 50 with a 100% chance of thunderstorms. Thursdays high is 68.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 22nd-29th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

More isolated to scattered pop-up storms today; severe weather threat tomorrow

By: JohnnyParker, 11:39 AM GMT on May 13, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Highs will continue to range between 65 and 94 with lows between 47 and 65. There is a slight chance of rain today, an 80% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, and a slight chance of rain on Friday. Few storms could be strong today with main threats being for small hail, gusty winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. Isolated strong to severe storms are expected tomorrow with threats being for large hail, damaging winds, isolated tornadoes, heavy rain, and flash flooding. Dr. Greg Forbes, the severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving East MS a 2-3 on TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) for tomorrow. This means there is a 20-30% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Todays high is 88 and a low of 65 with a slight chance of rain. Wednesdays high is 81 with an 80% chance of thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 24th-28th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Hot and humid all week with isolated pop-up storms; severe weather threat midweek

By: JohnnyParker, 11:50 AM GMT on May 12, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Highs will continue to range between 72 and 92 with lows between 48 and 66. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Wednesday, a slight chance of rain on Friday, and a slight chance of rain on Saturday. Few storms could be strong today through tomorrow with main threats being for small hail, gusty winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. Isolated Strong to severe storms are possible Wednesday with threats being for large hail, damaging winds, isolated tornadoes, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 88 and a low of 66 with a slight chance of rain with South winds at 13mph with higher gusts. Tuesdays high is 88 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 24th-27th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Strong to severe storms today, Chance of rain/storms through Wednesday

By: JohnnyParker, 11:14 AM GMT on May 09, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 73 and 87 with lows between 49 and 66. There is a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, and a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday. Some storms could be strong to severe with large hail, damaging winds, and heavy rain of 1-3 inches with locally 3+, flash flooding being the main threats between today into early tomorrow morning. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Todays high is 77 and a low of 66 with an 80% chance of thunderstorms with South-Southwest winds at 13mph with higher gusts. Saturdays high is 84 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 24th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Heavy rain and some strong to severe storms tomorrow into Saturday

By: JohnnyParker, 11:54 AM GMT on May 08, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 63 and it feels like 63. Highs will continue to range between 75 and 87 with lows between 50 and 67. There is an 80% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, and a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday. Winds tomorrow will be out of the South at 14mph with higher gusts. Some storms could be strong to severe with large hail, damaging winds, and heavy rain of 1-3 inches with isolated amounts of 3+, flash flooding being the main threats between tomorrow into early Saturday morning. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 65 and it feels like 65. Todays high is 86 with a low of 68. Fridays high is 75 with an 80% chance of thunderstorms with South winds at 14mph with higher gusts.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 12th-14th, and around May 22nd-23rd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, an area of low pressure located a couple hundred miles Southwest of Zihuatenejo, Mexico is producing a large area of showers and thunderstorms that will continue to spread onshore over portions of Southwestern Mexico today. Strong upper-level winds have caused this disturbance to become less organized this morning, and development into a tropical cyclone is becoming less likely. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Locally heavy rainfall and gusty winds will continue primarily over portions of the Mexican states of Michoacan and Guerrero today. These rains could produce life-threatening flash floods and mudslides. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Updated: 12:32 PM GMT on May 08, 2014

Permalink

Heavy rain/flash flooding threat late Thursday through Saturday

By: JohnnyParker, 11:41 AM GMT on May 07, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 57 and it feels like 57. Highs will continue to range between 76 and 87 with lows between 53 and 66. There is a 90% chance of thunderstorms on Friday, a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday, a slight chance of rain on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, and a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday. Heavy rain of 1-3 inches with isolated amounts of 3+, and flash flooding are the main threats between late Thursday through Saturday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 61 and it feels like 61. Todays high is 85 with a low of 61. Thursdays high is 85 and mostly cloudy.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 8th-14th, and around May 22nd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, a large area of disturbed weather located several hundred miles South of Manzanillo, Mexico is associated with an elongated area of low pressure. This system is expected to move generally Northward and then Northeastward toward the coast of Mexico over the next couple of days. Environmental conditions appear to be favorable for some development during the next day or so, but upper-level winds are forecast to become less conducive when the disturbance approaches the coast later this week. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Regardless of development, locally heavy rains could affect portions of Southwestern Mexico over the next few days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Heavy rain/severe weather threat returns mid to late week and into next week

By: JohnnyParker, 11:53 AM GMT on May 06, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 54 and it feels like 54. Highs will continue to range between 77 and 86 with lows between 54 and 67. There is a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Friday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a slight chance of rain on Sunday, a slight chance of rain on Monday, and a 40% chance of showers. Some storms could be strong to severe late Thursday into Friday with threats being for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 57 and it feels like 57. Todays high is 85 with a low of 58. Wednesdays high is 85.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 8th-14th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Sunshine over next few days, but rain/storms return late week/weekend

By: JohnnyParker, 11:40 AM GMT on May 05, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 57 and it feels like 57. Highs will continue to range between 80 and 87 with lows between 57 and 66. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, and a 90% chance of thunderstorms on Monday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 61 and it feels like 61. Todays high is 86 with a low of 57. Tuesdays high is 85.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 8th-14th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Calmer weather over the next 5 days, nothing but sunshine and warm temperatures

By: JohnnyParker, 11:42 AM GMT on May 01, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 42 and it feels like 42. Highs will continue to range between 70 and 86 with lows between 45 and 65. There is no rain expected over the next 5 days. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 45 and it feels like 42. Todays high is 68 with a low of 46. Fridays high is 71.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 7th-14th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, Tropical Depression Tapah has winds of 30mph, gusting to 40mph, with a pressure of 999mbars. Movement is Northwest at 11mph. Is expected to dissipate soon. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

Updated: 11:42 AM GMT on May 01, 2014

Permalink

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.

Local Weather

Light Rain
70 °F
Light Rain