JohnnyParker's Blog

Nice and Sunny weather over next couple of days; warming up nicely too

By: JohnnyParker, 12:17 PM GMT on April 30, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 62 and it feels like 62. Highs will continue to range between 70 and 86 with lows between 45 and 64. There is no rain expected over the next 5-10 days. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 52 and it feels like 52. Todays high is 69 with a low of 45. Thursdays high is 68.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 7th-14th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, Tropical Storm Tapah has winds of 65mph, gusting to 80mph, with a pressure of 988mbars. Movement is North-Northwest at 6mph. Is expected to weaken over the next few days and dissipate by Friday. Is not expected to impact any landmasses. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

More heavy rain/severe weather for the Southeast today; threat shifts East tomorrow

By: JohnnyParker, 11:15 AM GMT on April 29, 2014

Good Morning! A Dense Fog Advisory is in effect for parts of North MS until 8am this morning. Visibilities of one quarter mile or less at times expected. A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for North MS until 7pm tonight. Rainfall amounts of 1-3 inches expected with locally higher amounts. Expecting multiple rounds of storms during this time period and these storms could train over the same areas which will increase the risk of flash flooding. Remember Turn Around, Don’t Drown. Do not try to cross over a flooded road. At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 62 and it feels like 62. Highs will continue to range between 69 and 87 with lows between 46 and 63. There is a 70% chance of strong storms today. A continuation of the Major, widespread, and multi-day severe weather/tornado outbreak expected today across the Mid-South and Southeast. Main threats will be for a few tornadoes ( few of which could be strong), large hail, and widespread damaging winds of 60-80mph. Dr. Greg Forbes, the severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving a TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) of 2-3 for North, Central MS for today. This means there is a 20-30% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 63 and it feels like 63. Todays high is 80 and a low of 51 with a 70% chance of strong storms. Wednesdays high is 69.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 9th-14th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, Typhoon Tapah has winds of 75mph, gusting to 90mph, with a pressure of 998mbars. Movement is North at 6mph. Is expected to remain a category 1 typhoon over the next two days or so, and then weaken by Thursday. Is not expected to impact any landmasses. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Major and dangerous severe weather/tornado outbreak continues today through Wednesday

By: JohnnyParker, 11:17 AM GMT on April 28, 2014

Good Morning! A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for North MS until 7pm Tuesday. Rainfall amounts of 3-5 inches expected with locally higher amounts. Expecting multiple rounds of storms during this time period and these storms could train over the same areas which will increase the risk of flash flooding. Remember Turn Around, Don’t Drown. Do not try to cross over a flooded road. At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 68 and 83 with lows between 44 and 60. There is a 100% chance of strong storms today, and an 80% chance of strong storms on Tuesday. Major, widespread, and multi-day severe weather/tornado outbreak expected today through Tuesday across the Mid-South and Southeast. Main threats will be for tornadoes (some of which could be strong and long-tracked), large hail, and widespread damaging winds of 60-80mph. Dr. Greg Forbes, the severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving a TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) of 7 for MS for today. This means there is a 70% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Todays high is 78 and a low of 57 with a 100% chance of strong storms with South-Southwest winds at 16mph with higher gusts. Tuesdays high is 79 with an 80% chance of PM thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 13th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, Tropical Storm Tapah has winds of 60mph, gusting to 70mph, with a pressure of 1000mbars. Movement is North-Northeast at 6mph. Is expected to become a typhoon by late today or by Tuesday. Is not expected to impact any landmasses. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), a Tropical Low has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1004mbars. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Major severe weather/tornado outbreak begins today through Tuesday

By: JohnnyParker, 12:27 PM GMT on April 27, 2014

Good Morning! A Special Weather Statement is in effect for North MS concerning severe weather/heavy rainfall today through Tuesday. A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for North MS until 7pm Tuesday. Rainfall amounts of 3-5 inches expected with locally higher amounts. Expecting multiple rounds of storms during this time period and these storms could train over the same areas which will increase the risk of flash flooding. Remember Turn Around, Don’t Drown. Do not try to cross over a flooded road. At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 65 and it feels like 65. Highs will continue to range between 70 and 84 with lows between 44 and 68. There is a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms today, a 90% chance of strong storms tomorrow, and an 80% chance of thunderstorms on Tuesday. Major, widespread, and multi-day severe weather/tornado outbreak expected today through Tuesday across the Mid-South and Southeast. Main threats will be for tornadoes (some of which could be strong and long-tracked), large hail, and widespread damaging winds of 60-80mph. Dr. Greg Forbes, the severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving a TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) of 6 for MS for tomorrow. This means there is a 60% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. He is also giving a TOR:CON of 6 for Northwest MS for today, and Northeast/Central/Southwest MS a 4-5 for today. This means there is a Moderate chance, 40%, to 50% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. Winds Monday will be South at 17mph with higher gusts. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 62 and it feels like 62. Todays high is 80 and a low of 68 with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms with South winds at 17mph with higher gusts. Mondays high is 81 with a 100% chance of strong storms with South-Southwest winds at 17mph with higher gusts.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 7th-12th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, a Tropical Depression has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), a Tropical Low has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1004mbars. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Sunday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Major severe weather/tornado outbreak tomorrow through Tuesday

By: JohnnyParker, 11:46 AM GMT on April 26, 2014

Good Morning! A Special Weather Statement is in effect concerning severe weather/heavy rainfall Sunday through Tuesday. At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 61 and it feels like 61. Highs will continue to range between 72 and 84 with lows between 46 and 65. There is a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms tomorrow, a 100% chance of thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday. Major, widespread, and multi-day severe weather/tornado outbreak beginning today over Texas and pushing East into the Southeast by Sunday afternoon through Wednesday morning. Threats will be for tornadoes (some of which could be strong and long-tracked), large hail, widespread damaging winds of 60-80mph, heavy rain of 2-5 inches with locally of 5+, and flash flooding. Dr. Greg Forbes, the severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving a TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) of 5 for MS for both Monday and Tuesday. This means there is a 50% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. He is also giving a TOR:CON of 3-4 for Northwest MS for Sunday. This means there is a 30% chance to moderate chance, 40%, of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. Storms could train over the same areas increasing the risk for flash flooding. Winds Monday will be South at 13mph with higher gusts. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 47 and it feels like 45. Todays high is 83 with a low of 61. Sundays high is 79 with a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms with South winds at 15mph with higher gusts.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 7th-11th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), a Tropical Low has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1004mbars. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Saturday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Very significant outbreak of severe weather/tornadoes late Sunday through Tuesday

By: JohnnyParker, 11:08 AM GMT on April 25, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 61 and it feels like 61. Highs will continue to range between 70 and 84 with lows between 46 and 66. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 60% chance of thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday. A significant, widespread, and multi-day severe weather/tornado outbreak is expected beginning Saturday over Texas and pushing East into the Southeast by Monday into Tuesday. Threats will include tornadoes (some of which could be strong and long-tracked), large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain of 2-4 inches with isolated amounts of 4+, and flash flooding. Potential for multiple rounds of severe weather exists late Sunday afternoon through Tuesday. Dr. Greg Forbes, the severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving a TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) of 5 for MS for Monday. This means there is a 50% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. He is also giving a TOR:CON of 4 for Northwest MS for Sunday. This means there is a moderate chance, 40%, of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. Storms could train over the areas increasing the risk for flash flooding. Winds Monday will be South at 14mph with higher gusts. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 60 and it feels like 60. Todays high is 77 with a low of 48. Saturdays high is 82.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 7th-10th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), a Tropical Low has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1004mbars. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Few strong to severe storms today, more significant severe threat late weekend

By: JohnnyParker, 11:34 AM GMT on April 24, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 44 and it feels like 44. Highs will continue to range between 65 and 84 with lows between 44 and 64. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 60% chance of thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday. Some storms could be strong to severe across North MS late today with main threats being for damaging winds and hail. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. Dr. Greg Forbes, the severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving a TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) for Northwest MS for today. This means there is a 30% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. There is increasing potential for a significant, widespread, and multi-day severe weather/tornado outbreak beginning Saturday over Texas and pushing East into the Southeast by Monday into Tuesday. Too early to go into specific details yet, but all modes of severe weather are possible including tornadoes, large hail, and damaging winds. Heavy rain and flash flooding will also be possible. Potential for multiple rounds of severe weather exists late weekend into early next week. Winds Monday will be South-Southeast at 14mph with higher gusts. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 46 and it feels like 44. Todays high is 82 with a low of 57. Fridays high is 78.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 7th-9th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), a Tropical Low has winds of 30mph with a pressure of 1007mbars. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Few strong to severe storms tomorrow, potential big outbreak this weekend

By: JohnnyParker, 12:33 PM GMT on April 23, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 48 and it feels like 48. Highs will continue to range between 63 and 87 with lows between 46 and 63. There is a slight chance of rain on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, and a slight chance of rain on Wednesday. Few storms could be strong to severe across North MS late tomorrow with main threats being for damaging winds and hail. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. There is increasing potential for a significant multi-day severe weather/tornado outbreak beginning Saturday over Texas and pushing East into the Southeast by Monday into Tuesday. Too early to go into specific details yet, but all modes of severe weather are possible including tornadoes, large hail, and damaging winds. Heavy rain and flash flooding will also be possible. Potential for multiple rounds of severe weather exists late weekend into early next week. Winds Monday will be South at 13mph with higher gusts. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 50 and it feels like 50. Todays high is 76 with a low of 48. Thursdays high is 81 with a slight chance of rain with South winds at 14mph with higher gusts.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around May 6th-8th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), a Tropical Low has winds of 30mph with a pressure of 1008mbars. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Warm again today and all week, rain/storms return Thursday

By: JohnnyParker, 11:58 AM GMT on April 22, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 49 and it feels like 49. Highs will continue to range between 64 and 86 with lows between 45 and 64. There is a 50% chance of AM thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a slight chance of rain on Tuesday, a slight chance of rain on Wednesday, and a slight chance of rain on Thursday. Few storms could be strong to severe across the Northern most counties of North MS on Thursday with main threats being for damaging winds and hail. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out. There is now increasing potential for a significant multi-day severe weather outbreak beginning Saturday over Texas and pushing East into the Southeast by Monday into Tuesday. Too early to go into specific details yet. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 63 and it feels like 63. Todays high is 75 and a low of 46 with a 50% chance of AM thunderstorms. Wednesdays high is 75.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around April 27th-30th, and around May 6th-7th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), Tropical Depression Jack has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1000mbars. Movement is East-Southeast at 13mph. Is expected to dissipate soon. Also, a Tropical Low has winds of 30mph with a pressure of 1008mbars. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Warming up all week, rain tomorrow, and late week/early next week severe threat

By: JohnnyParker, 11:25 AM GMT on April 21, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 49 and it feels like 49. Highs will continue to range between 69 and 84 with lows between 46 and 61. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 50% chance of AM thunderstorms tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, and a slight chance of rain on Tuesday. Winds on Thursday are expected to be South at 13mph with higher gusts. There could be potential for severe weather late week into early next week, but there is no real threat outlined at this time. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 53 and it feels like 53. Todays high is 78 and a low of 59 with a slight chance of rain. Tuesdays high is 76 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around April 25th-May 6th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, a Tropical Depression has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1004mbars. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), Severe Tropical Cyclone Jack has winds of 85mph, gusting to 105mph, with a pressure of 962mbars. Movement is Southeast at 4mph. Is expected to weaken further to a tropical storm by early tomorrow morning and is not a threat to land. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Warming trend mid to late week, no rain over next few days

By: JohnnyParker, 11:37 AM GMT on April 09, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 39 and it feels like 39. Highs will continue to range between 68 and 79 with lows between 39 and 62. There is a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Monday. Few storms could be strong to severe on Monday, but at this time, the threat looks marginal. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 46 and it feels like 43. Todays high is 67 with a low of 40. Thursdays high is 74 with South-Southwest winds at 14mph with higher gusts.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around April 21st-24th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, Tropical Depression Peipah has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1000mbars. Movement is Northwest at 5mph. Is expected to become a weak tropical storm briefly late Thursday/early Friday and make landfall in the Philippines early Saturday through Sunday as a tropical depression. Not expected to become a typhoon. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), Severe Tropical Cyclone Ita has winds of 90mph, gusting to 115mph, with a pressure of 962mbars. Movement is West at 10mph. Is expected to become a category 2 storm by late today and then a category 3 storm by Thursday afternoon. Is expected to skirt along the Australian coastline over the weekend. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and my next post will be Monday, April 21.

Permalink

Isolated strong to possibly severe storms today, warming up mid to late week

By: JohnnyParker, 11:45 AM GMT on April 08, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 40 and it feels like 40. Highs will continue to range between 59 and 79 with lows between 40 and 62. There is a 60% chance of PM thundershowers today. Isolated strong to severe storms are possible today. Main threats will be for large hail and gusty winds. Dangerous cloud to ground lightning is expected. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 40 and it feels like 40. Todays high is 65 and a low of 41 with a 60% chance of thundershowers. Wednesdays high is 67.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around April 17th-19th, and around April 22nd-23rd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, Tropical Depression Peipah has winds of 35mph, gusting to 45mph, with a pressure of 1000mbars. Movement is North-Northwest at 10mph. Is expected to become a tropical storm by early tomorrow morning as it heads towards the Philippines by late Friday/early Saturday. Not expected to become a typhoon. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), Severe Tropical Cyclone Ita has winds of 75mph, gusting to 90mph, with a pressure of 973mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 3mph. Is expected to become a category 2 storm by late today/early Wednesday and then a category 3 storm by early Thursday morning. Is expected to make landfall on the coast of Australia by late Thursday into Friday and skirt along the coast. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Cooler today, but warming up again mid to late week

By: JohnnyParker, 11:45 AM GMT on April 07, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 62 and it feels like 62. Highs will continue to range between 63 and 79 with lows between 40 and 56. There is a slight chance of rain today, and a 60% chance of PM thundershowers tomorrow. Isolated strong storms will be possible tomorrow. Main threats will be for small hail and gusty winds. Winds today will be out of the West-Southwest at 13mph with higher gusts. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 60 and it feels like 60. Todays high is 62 and a low of 41 with a 60% chance of AM thunderstorms with West winds at 14mph with higher gusts. Tuesdays high is 62 with a 60% chance of thundershowers.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around April 13th-19th, and around April 22nd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, Tropical Depression Peipah has winds of 30mph with a pressure of 1002mbars. Movement is West-Southwest at 17mph. Is expected to remain a tropical depression as it heads towards the Philippines by late Wednesday/early Thursday. Not expected to become a typhoon. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), Tropical Cyclone Ita has winds of 50mph with a pressure of 996mbars. Movement is North-Northeast at 2mph. Is expected to become a category 1 storm later today and a category 2 storm by Wednesday afternoon. Is expected to make landfall on the coast of Australia by late Thursday/Friday. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

More severe weather today, but nice weekend ahead; Rain returns early next week

By: JohnnyParker, 10:13 AM GMT on April 04, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Highs will continue to range between 62 and 79 with lows between 42 and 58. There is an 80% chance of AM thunderstorms today, a 30% chance of a few showers on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, and a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 64 and it feels like 64. Todays high is 68 and a low of 43 with an 80% chance of AM thunderstorms with West winds at 14mph with higher gusts. Saturdays high is 64.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around April 12th-14th, and around April 17th-18th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, Tropical Depression #05W has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1002mbars. Movement is Northwest at 9mph. Is expected to become a tropical storm by late tomorrow as it heads towards the Philippines by late Tuesday/early Wednesday. Not expected to become a typhoon. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), Tropical Disturbance #15 has winds of 30mph with a pressure of 999mbars. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Monday morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Major severe weather/tornado outbreak today into Friday; very warm/windy today

By: JohnnyParker, 12:42 PM GMT on April 03, 2014

Good Morning! A Special Weather Statement is in effect for North MS concerning severe weather today. At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 66 and it feels like 66. Highs will continue to range between 63 and 84 with lows between 42 and 65. There is an 80% chance of AM thunderstorms tomorrow, a 60% chance of showers on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, and a 40% chance of showers on Tuesday. Winds today will be South at 15mph with higher gusts, and winds tomorrow will be West at 14mph with higher gusts. A major severe weather/tornado outbreak is expected today into Friday. Threats will be for tornadoes (some could be strong/long-tracked), large hail up to golf-ball size, damaging winds of 60-75mph, heavy rain of 1-3 inches with locally 3+ inches, and flash flooding. Dr. Greg Forbes, the severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving a TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) value of 3-4 for today. This means there is a 30% to a moderate chance, 40%, of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. Timing of Storms: 8pm tonight-1am tomorrow morning (Western MS), 1-6am tomorrow morning (East-Central MS), and 6am-noon tomorrow (Southeast MS). At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 66 and it feels like 66. Todays high is 82 with a low of 64 and cloudy with South-Southwest winds at 18mph with higher gusts. Fridays high is 69 with an 80% chance of AM thunderstorms with West winds at 16mph with higher gusts.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around April 12th-14th, and around April 17th-18th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, Tropical Depression #05W has winds of 30mph with a pressure of 1002mbars. Movement is West at 10mph. Is expected to become a tropical storm by late today or tomorrow. Is also expected to become a typhoon by Monday as it heads for the Southern Philippines. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

Significant severe weather/tornado outbreak begins today; spreads East tomorrow

By: JohnnyParker, 11:52 AM GMT on April 02, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 57 and it feels like 57. Highs will continue to range between 64 and 84 with lows between 38 and 64. There is a slight chance of rain today, a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a 50% chance of AM thunderstorms on Friday, a 70% chance of rain on Sunday, a 30% chance of a few showers on Monday, a slight chance of rain on Tuesday, and a 60% chance of scattered showers on Wednesday. Winds tomorrow will be South at 15mph with higher gusts, and winds Friday will be West at 13mph with higher gusts. A significant severe weather/tornado outbreak is expected late today through Friday. Threats (tomorrow) will be for tornadoes (some could be strong), large hail up to golf-ball size, damaging winds of 60-75mph, heavy rain of 1-3 inches with locally 3+ inches, and flash flooding. Dr. Greg Forbes, the severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving a TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) value of 3-4 for tomorrow. This means there is a 30 to a moderate chance, 40%, of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 59 and it feels like 59. Todays high is 79 and a low of 64 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms with South winds at 13mph with higher gusts. Thursdays high is 82 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms with South winds at 17mph with higher gusts.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around April 12th-17th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Updated: 12:42 PM GMT on April 02, 2014

Permalink

Significant severe weather/tornado outbreak expected tomorrow through Friday

By: JohnnyParker, 12:40 PM GMT on April 01, 2014

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is58 and it feels like 58. Highs will continue to range between 62 and 80 with lows between 38 and 63. There is a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 40% chance of showers on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a slight chance of rain on Tuesday, a 30% chance of a few showers on Wednesday, and a slight chance of rain on Thursday. Winds tomorrow will be South at 13mph with higher gusts, winds Thursday will be South at 16mph with higher gusts, and winds Friday will be Southwest at 13mph with higher gusts. A significant severe weather/tornado outbreak likely late tomorrow through Friday. Threats will be for tornadoes, large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain of 1-3 inches with locally 3+ inches, and flash flooding. Dr. Greg Forbes, the severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving a TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) value of 2-3 for Thursday. This means there is a 20-30% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 57 and it feels like 57. Todays high is 77 with a low of 54. Wednesdays high is 75 with a slight chance of rain with South winds at 14mph with higher gusts.

Now, for your Severe Weather Update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around April 13th-15th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Western Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the North Indian Ocean, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South-West Indian Ocean Region), Tropical Cyclone Hellen has winds of 50mph, gusting to 65mph, with a pressure of 992mbars. Movement is South-Southeast at 5mph. Is expected to dissipate soon over Madagascar. In the Southern Hemisphere (Australian Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days. In the Southern Hemisphere (South Pacific Region), no development is expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning. God Bless!

Permalink

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy
82 °F
Partly Cloudy