JohnnyParker's Blog

Tropical Depression Eleven-E forms, still monitoring Atlantic for development

By: JohnnyParker, 12:47 PM GMT on August 31, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 96 with lows between 62 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain on Sunday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 97 with a low of 74. Sundays high is 96 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around September 2nd-15th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a broad area of low pressure associated with a tropical wave is moving West-Northwestward and is now located over water near the West Coast of Africa. Cloudiness and showers have diminished since yesterday and environmental conditions appear to be less conducive than anticipated. However, the system still has some potential to become a tropical depression during the next day or two before it moves further into the Eastern Atlantic where conditions appear to be hostile for development. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Atlantic, cloudiness and showers associated with a tropical wave located about 450 miles East of the Lesser Antilles are expected to spread over these Islands during the next day or two. Upper-level winds are not favorable for development of this system. Conditions could become a little more conducive for development when the wave reaches the Western Caribbean Sea in 4 or 5 days. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Eleven-E formed last night. Winds are at 35mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is North-Northwest at 8mph. Is expected to become a tropical storm later today, but is not a threat to land. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, an area of disturbed weather is expected to form a couple hundred miles South of the Southern Coast of Mexico in a few days. It appears that conditions will be conducive for some slow development of this disturbance, which is forecast to move slowly toward the West-Northwest. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope yall are having a great Saturday and I'll have another post Monday morning.

Permalink

Juliette dissipates, monitoring the Atlantic for possible development

By: JohnnyParker, 12:16 PM GMT on August 30, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 96 with lows between 60 and 72. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorm on Sunday, and a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 96 with a low of 73. Saturdays high is 96.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around September 2nd-14th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a broad area of low pressure associated with a tropical wave has slowed down and it is still located over extreme Western Africa. Environmental conditions appear conducive for development, and this system has the potential to become a tropical depression during the next couple of days when the low moves between the West Coast of Africa and the Cape Verde Islands. After that time, conditions are expected to become a less conducive for development as the system moves toward the West-Northwest over the Eastern Atlantic. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a high chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Whether this system becomes a tropical cyclone or not, it will likely bring cloudiness and thunderstorms to portions of the Cape Verde Islands in the next 2 or 3 days. Also, in the Atlantic, shower activity associated with a tropical wave located about 700 miles East of the Lesser Antilles. This disturbance is expected to move Westward toward a region where the upper-level winds are not favorable for development. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, shower activity associated with an area of low pressure centered about 525 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula remains disorganized this morning. Some development of this system is possible during the next day or so while this system moves Northward at 10-15mph. The low is forecast to reach cooler waters in about a day and development after that time is not expected. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, shower and thunderstorm activity associated with an area of low pressure located about 1550 miles West-Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula has changed little overnight. Any development of this system should be slow to occur during the next couple of days as it moves slowly Northeastward. The National Hurricane Center is giving this disturbance a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope you are having a great Friday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Rain returns first of next week, Juliette forms in Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:35 AM GMT on August 29, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Highs will continue to range between 83 and 95 with lows between 59 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorm on Sunday, and a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Todays high is 95 with a low of 73. Fridays high is 96 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around September 2nd-13th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a tropical wave located over West Africa is expected to move Westward at 10 to 15mph, and an area of low pressure could form after the wave moves off of the Coast on Friday. Some development of this low is possible late this week or early this weekend before upper-level winds become unfavorable early next week. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days while it moves near the Cape Verde Islands. Also, in the Atlantic, shower activity associated with a tropical wave located about 1350 miles East of the Lesser Antilles remains limited. Slow development is possible during the next couple of days while the wave moves Westward at about 15mph and approaches the Lesser Antilles. After that time, upper-level winds could inhibit further development. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, we have Tropical Storm Juliette. Winds are at 50mph with a pressure of 999mbars. Movement is Northwest at 22mph. A Tropical Storm Warning remains in effect from Punta Eugenia down to Auga Blanca and from San Evaristo to La Paz on the Baja California Peninsula. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, a broad area of low pressure is located about 850 miles South-Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula is producing a large area of cloudiness and a few showers. Any development of this system is expected to be slow to occur during the next couple of days while this system moves Northeastward or North-Northwestward at about 10mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. Significant development is not anticipated after that time as the low is expected to reach cooler waters in two to three days. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, shower activity associated with an area of low pressure located about 1500 miles West-Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula has changed little over the past few hours. Conditions are marginally favorable for additional development of this system during the next few days as it begins to move slowly Northward. The National Hurricane Center is giving this disturbance a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Tropical activity ramping up, chances of rain next week

By: JohnnyParker, 11:55 AM GMT on August 28, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 63 and it feels like 63. Highs will continue to range between 84 and 95 with lows between 63 and 72. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorm on Sunday, and a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Todays high is 93 with a low of 70. Thursdays high is 96.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 31st-September 12th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, an area of cloudiness, showers, and a few thunderstorms over South Florida and the straits of Florida is associated with a low pressure system in the middle to upper-levels of the atmosphere. There are currently no signs of a surface circulation, and no significant development of this system while it drifts Northwestward during the next few days. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Atlantic, showers and thunderstorms located almost midway between the Cape Verde Islands and the Windward Islands are associated with a tropical wave. Environmental conditions appear conducive for some development of this disturbance East of the Lesser Antilles by early next week. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days while moving Westward over the tropical Atlantic at 10 to 15mph. Also, in the Atlantic, a tropical wave over West Africa is expected to move off the coast into the Eastern Atlantic on Friday. An area of low pressure could form after the wave moves off the coast, and conditions appear conducive for some development of the low while it moves West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, a small area of low pressure located about 100 miles Southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico continues to produce showers and a few thunderstorms. This activity has changed little in organization during the past few hours, but the low is still probably producing an area of gale-force winds near its center. Environmental conditions are marginally conducive for additional development of the low during the next day or so while it moves quickly Northwestward at about 20mph toward the Southern Baja California Peninsula. The National Hurricane Center is giving this disturbance a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. The low will begin interacting with land or moving over colder water by Thursday, and development after that time is not likely. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. This disturbance could produce locally heavy rainfall along the Southwestern Coast of Mexico and the Southern Baja Peninsula through Thursday. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, a trough of low pressure is located about 1000 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula. Upper-level winds appear conducive for some slow development of this system during the next couple of days while it moves Northeastward and North-Northeastward at about 10mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. Upper-level winds could become a little more conducive for development by the weekend, but the low will also be moving Northward toward colder water. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Possible development in Eastern Pacific and Atlantic in coming days

By: JohnnyParker, 11:45 AM GMT on August 27, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 62 and it feels like 62. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 98 with lows between 65 and 72. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday and Tuesday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 64 and it feels like 64. Todays high is 91 with a low of 69. Wednesdays high is 94.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 31st-September 11th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, Tropical Storm Fernand dissipated yesterday over Mexico. Also, in the Atlantic, a tropical wave located a couple hundred miles Southwest of the Cape Verde Islands is expected to move Westward over the tropical Atlantic at about 15mph over the next several days. Environmental conditions appear somewhat conducive for an area low pressure to form well East of the Windward Islands by the end of the week. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, an area of low pressure continues to produce showers and thunderstorms extending from the Southwestern Coast of Mexico Southward over the Pacific for several hundred miles. Environmental conditions still appear conducive for the formation of a tropical depression during the next couple of days, but the disturbance has a broad and complex structure that could limit development. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours while moving West-Northwestward at about 15mph. The low is expected to reach colder water West of the Baja California Peninsula by Thursday, and further development after that time is not likely. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a high chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Locally heavy rainfall is expected to continue over portions of Southwestern Mexico during the next few days in association with the low and interests in that area should monitor the progress of this system.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Ivo dissipates, Fernand makes landfall, and more development possible

By: JohnnyParker, 12:01 PM GMT on August 26, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 65 and it feels like 65. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 96 with lows between 65 and 72. No rain over next few days. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Todays high is 89 with a low of 67. Tuesdays high is 91.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 31st-September 10th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, Tropical Storm Fernand has made landfall this morning in Mexico. Winds are at 45mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is Northwest at 9mph. A Tropical Storm Warning remains in effect from Barra de Nautla, Mexico down to Veracruz, Mexico. Also, in the Atlantic, a tropical wave emerging off of the West Coast of Africa is expected to move generally Westward across the tropical Atlantic over the next several days. Some development of this disturbance is possible by middle to late week. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, a broad area of low pressure continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms that extend from the Coast of South-Central Mexico Southward for several hundred miles. Environmental conditions appear conducive for development of this system as it heads West-Northwestward at about 15mph during the next few days, and a tropical depression could form by midweek. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a high chance, 80%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days while it moves West-Northwestward at about 10mph. This disturbance could produce locally heavy rainfall along the Southern Coast of Mexico during the next few days and interests in this area should monitor the progress of this system.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Tropical Storm Ivo intensifies some, more development possible in Pacific next week

By: JohnnyParker, 11:06 AM GMT on August 24, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 92 with lows between 65 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain today, and a slight chance of rain tomorrow. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 92 and a low of 72 with a slight chance of rain. Sundays high is 90 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 29th-September 8th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, the Northern portion of a tropical wave is producing disorganized cloudiness, showers, and thunderstorms over the Yucatan Peninsula, Portions of Central America, and the Northwestern Caribbean Sea. Upper-level winds appear favorable while this system moves Westward over the Bay of Campeche late Saturday and Sunday, but significant development is unlikely due to its proximity to land. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Ivo has intensified some. Winds are at 45mph with a pressure of 998mbars. Movement is North-Northwest at 14mph. Is expected to head up toward the Baja California Peninsula. A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect from Pacific Coast of the Baja California Peninsula North of Punta Abreojos to Punta Eugenia. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect from Pacific Coast of the Baja California Peninsula from Punta Abreojos Southward to Cabo San Lucas and from Gulf of California coast of the Baja California Peninsula from Loreto Southward to Cabo San Lucas. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, a tropical wave is moving across Central America and entering the Eastern Pacific Ocean. Environmental conditions appear conducive for development of an area of low pressure South of the Southern Coast of Mexico by the middle of next week. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a high chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope you are having a great Saturday and I'll have another post Monday morning.

Permalink

Tropical Depression Nine forms in Eastern Pacific, could bring rain to Southwest U.S.

By: JohnnyParker, 11:21 AM GMT on August 23, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 91 with lows between 67 and 71. There is a slight chance of rain today, a slight chance of rain tomorrow, and a slight chance of rain on Sunday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 76 and it feels like 76. Todays high is 92 and a low of 71 with a slight chance of rain. Saturdays high is 92 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 25th-September 7th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a weak trough of low pressure is producing disorganized cloudiness and thunderstorms over the Northeastern portion of the Gulf of Mexico. Significant development of this system is not expected while it moves Westward at about 10mph across the Northern Gulf of Mexico during the next day or so. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Nine-E formed yesterday and is forecasted to intensify into a tropical storm by late this morning. Winds are at 35mph with a pressure of 1002mbars. Movement is Northwest at 7mph. Is expected to head up toward the Baja California Peninsula. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, an area of low pressure could form South of the Southern Coast of Mexico early next week, and environmental conditions appear conducive for gradual development. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Tropical Depression likely in Eastern Pacific today

By: JohnnyParker, 12:37 PM GMT on August 22, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 91 with lows between 66 and 70. There is a slight chance of rain today and tomorrow. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 90 and a low of 71 with a slight chance of rain. Fridays high is 91 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 25th-September 6th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, showers and thunderstorms have reformed during the past few hours near the center of a low pressure system located about 425 miles South-Southwest of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and it appears that a tropical depression could be forming. If this trend continues, advisories would be initiated today. The low is expected to move North-Northwestward at 5-10mph and reach colder water West of the Baja California Peninsula by Saturday. Therefore, conditions do not favor development after 48 hours. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a high chance, 90%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a high chance, 90%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, a broad area of low pressure is located about 900 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula continues to produce limited shower and thunderstorm activity. The low is expected to become absorbed into the circulation associated with the larger low pressure system located to its East-Northeast in a couple of days and the chance of development appears to be diminishing. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, an area of low pressure could form South of the Southern Coast of Mexico by early next week and environmental conditions appear favorable for some development. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

New tropical depression in Eastern Pacific likely later today, pop-up storms continue

By: JohnnyParker, 12:34 PM GMT on August 22, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 91 with lows between 66 and 70. There is a slight chance of rain today and tomorrow. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 90 and a low of 71 with a slight chance of rain. Fridays high is 91 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 25th-September 6th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, showers and thunderstorms have reformed during the past few hours near the center of a low pressure system located about 425 miles South-Southwest of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and it appears that a tropical depression could be forming. If this trend continues, advisories would be initiated today. The low is expected to move North-Northwestward at 5-10mph and reach colder water West of the Baja California Peninsula by Saturday. Therefore, conditions do not favor development after 48 hours. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a high chance, 90%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a high chance, 90%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, a broad area of low pressure is located about 900 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula continues to produce limited shower and thunderstorm activity. The low is expected to become absorbed into the circulation associated with the larger low pressure system located to its East-Northeast in a couple of days and the chance of development appears to be diminishing. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, an area of low pressure could form South of the Southern Coast of Mexico by early next week and environmental conditions appear favorable for some development. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Atlantic remains quiet, new depression likely in Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:56 AM GMT on August 21, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 90 with lows between 66 and 70. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, and a slight chance of rain tomorrow. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 89 and a low of 71 with a slight chance of rain. Thursdays high is 91.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 25th-September 5th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, an area of low pressure located about 600 miles Southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico is showing signs of organization. Environmental conditions appear conducive for additional development, and a tropical depression will likely form during the next day or two. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a high chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, but a high chance, 90%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days while it moves Northwestward and then North-Northwestward. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, a broad area of low pressure is located about 900 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula. Some development of this system is possible during the next several days. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days while it remains nearly stationary or moves slowly Northward.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Atlantic quiet, watching two areas in Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:41 AM GMT on August 20, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 91 with lows between 65 and 70. There is a slight chance of rain today, a slight chance of rain tomorrow, and a slight chance of rain on Sunday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Thursday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 87 and a low of 71 with a slight chance of rain. Wednesdays high is 90 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 25th-September 4th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, a broad area of low pressure located several hundred miles South of Manzanillo, Mexico continues to produce a large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions appear to be conducive for gradual development of this system, and a tropical depression could form during the next several days. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, but a high chance, 80%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days while it moves Northwestward and then North-Northwestward. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, an area of disturbed weather is located about 900 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula. Although little or no development is expected over the next couple of days, some slow development of this system is possible later in the week. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days while it remains nearly stationary or moves slowly Northward.

Hope you are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Erin dissipates, watching another area in Atlantic and in Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:34 AM GMT on August 19, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 91 with lows between 67 and 69. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a slight chance of rain on Wednesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Tuesday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Todays high is 85 and a low of 70 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Tuesdays high is 89 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 25th-September 3rd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, shower activity associated with a tropical wave located between the West coast of Africa and the Cape Verde Islands has diminished early tonight. Development, if any, of this disturbance during the next several days should be slow to occur as it moves Westward over the tropical Atlantic at about 10mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, showers and thunderstorms associated with a broad area of low pressure located several hundred miles Southwest of Acapulco, Mexico have increased a little this evening. Environmental conditions are conducive for gradual development of this system, and a tropical depression could form around midweek. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, but a high chance, 80%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days while it moves Northwestward and then North-Northwestward. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, a low pressure area could form well South-Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula in a few days. Some slow development of this system is possible later in the week. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days while it remains nearly stationary.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Erin strengthens back to a tropical storm, keeping an eye on Gulf

By: JohnnyParker, 12:44 PM GMT on August 17, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Highs will continue to range between 82 and 89 with lows between 66 and 69. There is a slight chance of rain today, a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a slight chance of rain on Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, and a slight chance of rain on Monday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Monday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 68 and it feels like 68. Todays high is 82 and a low of 66 with a slight chance of rain. Sundays high is 83 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 19th-September 1st.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, an area of low pressure is located over the Southwestern Gulf of Mexico about 150 miles West-Northwest of Campeche, Mexico. This system remains poorly organized with any associated shower and thunderstorm activity located well to the North and Northeast of the low center. Environmental conditions could become somewhat more favorable for development while the low generally moves toward the West-Northwest or Northwest over the next couple of days. Interests in the Central and Western Gulf of Mexico should monitor the progress of the system through early next week. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Atlantic, we have Tropical Storm Erin. Winds are at 40mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 15mph. Expected to remain at tropical storm strength over next two days and then weaken back a depression. Is not a threat to land. In the Eastern Pacific, a trough of low pressure located about 550 miles South-Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Development, if any, of this disturbance is expected to be slow to occur while it moves Westward at about 10mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope yall are having a great Saturday and I'll have another post Monday morning.

Permalink

Watching Erin and area of low pressure in Atlantic

By: JohnnyParker, 11:57 AM GMT on August 16, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Highs will continue to range between 82 and 88 with lows between 65 and 69. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow, a slight chance of rain on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Sunday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Todays high is 84 and a low of 66 with a slight chance of rain. Saturdays high is 80 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 19th-31st.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, satellite images indicate that an area of low pressure has moved offshore of the Yucatan Peninsula and over the Southwestern Gulf of Mexico. Although the shower and thunderstorm activity is currently disorganized and located well to the East and Northeast of the low center, environmental conditions could become more favorable for development if the low moves toward the West or West-Northwest over the next couple of days. Interests in the Central and Western Gulf of Mexico should monitor the progress of the system through the weekend. If the low takes a more Northward track, however, it would move into a less conducive environment for development. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a high chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. An Air Force Reserve Reconnaissance Aircraft scheduled for today has been cancelled. Also, in the Atlantic, we have Tropical Storm Erin. Winds are at 40mph with a pressure of 1007mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 16mph. Is not expected to intensify much and could head into the Central Atlantic by next week. In the Eastern Pacific, an area of disturbed weather is located about 650 miles South-Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula. Development, if any, of this disturbance is expected to be slow to occur while it moves Westward at 10-15mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Eastern Pacific quiet, Tropical Storm Erin forms in Atlantic

By: JohnnyParker, 12:18 PM GMT on August 15, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 60 and it feels like 60. Highs will continue to range between 82 and 88 with lows between 65 and 69. There is a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday. Some storms could be strong to severe from Friday through next Friday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 59 and it feels like 59. Todays high is 85 with a low of 66. Fridays high is 84 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 19th-30th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, satellite images and surface observations indicate that the weather disturbance in the extreme Northwestern Caribbean Sea has become less organized overnight with most of the shower activity now moving over the Yucatan Peninsula and Belize. Development of this system before it moves over land has become less likely. However, there is still potential for development once the disturbance moves over the Gulf of Mexico. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a high chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Atlantic, we have Tropical Storm Erin. Winds are at 40mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 16mph. Is not expected to become a hurricane and could head toward the Windward Islands by next week. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Praia and parts of the Cape Verde Islands. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Monitoring two areas in the Atlantic for possible development, more rain this weekend

By: JohnnyParker, 12:06 PM GMT on August 14, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 81 and 89 with lows between 59 and 69. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a slight chance of rain on Wednesday, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday. Some storms could be strong to severe from Friday through next Friday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 85 and a low of 59 with a slight chance of rain. Thursdays high is 83.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 16th-29th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, surface observations indicate that an area of low pressure could be forming between the Northeastern Tip of Honduras and the Cayman Islands where the shower activity has become concentrated during the past several hours. Upper-level winds are favorable for additional development of this disturbance over the next couple of days as it moves Northwestward at 10-15mph toward the Yucatan Peninsula and Southern Gulf of Mexico. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a high chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Interests in the Yucatan Peninsula and the Southern Gulf of Mexico should monitor the progress of this disturbance. Also, in the Atlantic, showers and thunderstorms associated with a low pressure system located a few hundred miles Southeast of the Cape Verde Islands continue to show signs of organization. Environmental conditions are conducive for additional development during the next couple of days. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a high chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. After that time, the low will be moving toward a less favorable environment which could limit development. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a high chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Interests in the Cape Verde Islands should monitor the progress of this system. In the Eastern Pacific, an elongated trough of low pressure about 1100 miles East-Southeast of the Hawaiian Islands is producing limited shower activity and a few thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are expected to remain unfavorable for development during the next few days. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days while it moves Westward at about 15mph. This system will be moving into the Central Pacific in the next few hours.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Rain/storm chances decrease by midweek, Atlantic may get active this weekend

By: JohnnyParker, 11:32 AM GMT on August 13, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 83 and 88 with lows between 59 and 69. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a slight chance of rain on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, and a slight chance of rain on Monday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Monday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 87 and a low of 68 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Wednesdays high is 85 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 16th-28th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, cloudiness and showers extending from the Southwestern Caribbean Sea Northeastward across most of the Central Caribbean to near Hispaniola are associated with a tropical wave and a broad area of low pressure interacting with an upper-level trough. Environmental conditions are forecast to gradually become more conducive for development over the next several days as the large disturbance moves toward the Yucatan Peninsula and the Southern Gulf of Mexico. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, a low pressure system located well West-Southwest of the coast of Mexico is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are expected to be marginally conducive for development during the next couple of days before upper-level winds become more unfavorable on Thursday. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours and a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days while it moves Westward at 15-20mph.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

More rain/storms through at least Wednesday, active pattern continues

By: JohnnyParker, 11:44 AM GMT on August 12, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 83 and 88 with lows between 64 and 72. There is a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms today, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 50% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a slight chance of rain on Friday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Saturday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 88 and a low of 73 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Tuesdays high is 86 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 15th-27th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a tropical wave is moving Westward across the Eastern and Central Caribbean. Upper-level winds are forecast to become a little more conducive for the formation of an area of low pressure over the Northwestern Caribbean Sea or Southern Gulf of Mexico to form across the Northwestern Caribbean Sea or the Southern Gulf of Mexico mid to late week. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 0%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, the low pressure system located about 1125 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula has changed little in organization during the past few hours. Environmental conditions are expected to be marginally conducive for development over the next several days while the low moves Westward at around 15mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, showers and thunderstorms associated with a trough of low pressure located about 1300 miles East-Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii remain disorganized. Development of this disturbance, if any, of this system should be slow to occur as it moves Westward at about 15mph over the next few days. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, shower and thunderstorm activity located a few hundred miles off the Southwestern Coast of Mexico has diminished during the past few hours. Upper-level winds do not appear conducive for development over the next few days as the associated surface trough moves Westward away from the Coast at 5-10mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Warm, but not too hot, Atlantic quiet, two areas monitoring in Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 1:35 PM GMT on August 11, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 79 and it feels like 80. Highs will continue to range between 82 and 90 with lows between 63 and 72. There is a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms today, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Wednesday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 77 and it feels like 77. Todays high is 88 and a low of 73 with a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms. Mondays high is 89 with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 15th-26th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, shower and thunderstorm activity continues to remain poorly organized in association with an area of low pressure centered about 1000 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of Baja California. Upper-level winds are forecast to be marginally conducive for development over the next few days while the low moves Westward at 10-15mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours and a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, a trough of low pressure located about 1400 miles East-Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Development, if any, of this system is expected to be slow to occur during the next few days while it moves Westward at around 10mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope yall are having a great Sunday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

More storms in the forecast over next few days, more development possible in Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 2:50 PM GMT on August 10, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 80 and it feels like 82. Highs will continue to range between 82 and 90 with lows between 65 and 73. There is a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Wednesday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 84 and it feels like 91. Todays high is 89 and a low of 73 with a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms. Sundays high is 90 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 12th-25th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, an area of cloudiness and thunderstorms, associated with a trough of low pressure, has formed over the Western Gulf of Mexico. Development, if any, should be slow to occur before the system moves inland over Northeastern Mexico on Sunday. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, shower and thunderstorm activity has become a little better organized in association with a broad area of low pressure centered about 1000 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of Baja California. Upper-level winds are expected to gradually become more conducive for development over the next few days while the low moves Westward at 10-15mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours and a high chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, a trough of low pressure located about 1550 miles East-Southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii is producing limited shower activity. Environmental conditions are forecast to be only marginally favorable for development of this system over the next several days as it moves Westward at around 10mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope yall are having a great Saturday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Monitoring Eastern Pacific, more rain/storms over next couple of days

By: JohnnyParker, 11:55 AM GMT on August 09, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 76 and it feels like 76. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 92 with lows between 65 and 73. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a slight chance of rain on Thursday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Wednesday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 77 and it feels like 77. Todays high is 92 and a low of 74 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Saturdays high is 91 with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 12th-24th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Central Pacific, Hurricane Henriette has weakened. Winds are at 75mph with a pressure of 992mbars. Movement is West-Southwest at 14mph. Is expected to begin weakening as it heads South of Hawaii. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, showers and thunderstorms associated with a weak area of low pressure located about 800 miles Southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico. Environmental conditions appear conducive for some development of this disturbance over the next few days as it moves Westward at 10-15mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours and a high chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, a low pressure trough located about 1600 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of Baja California is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are expected to be marginally conducive for gradual development of this system during the next few days. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post tomorrow.

Permalink

Rain/storms continuing over next few days, Active in Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:23 AM GMT on August 08, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 76 and it feels like 76. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 92 with lows between 64 and 74. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a slight chance of rain on Saturday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Saturday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 76 and it feels like 76. Todays high is 93 and a low of 76 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Fridays high is 92 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 12th-23rd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a weak low pressure system is producing a small area of cloudiness and showers over the Southeastern Caribbean Sea. Environmental conditions do not appear conducive for development as the low moves Westward at 10-15mph during the next several days. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, Hurricane Henriette is beginning to weaken. Winds are at 85mph with a pressure of 984mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 9mph. Is expected to weaken further over the next few days. May be a threat to Hawaii. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, a broad area of disturbed weather is located several hundred miles Southwest of Acapulco, Mexico. Environmental conditions are conducive for gradual development of this disturbance over the next few days as it moves Westward at about 10mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours and a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Hurricane Henriette weakens some, more rain/storms in the forecast

By: JohnnyParker, 11:24 AM GMT on August 07, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 93 with lows between 67 and 74. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Friday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 93 and a low of 75 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Thursdays high is 95 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 12th-22nd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet. In the Eastern Pacific, Hurricane Henriette is beginning to weaken. Winds are at 85mph with a pressure of 983mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 10mph. Is expected to weaken further over the next few days. May be a threat to Hawaii.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Tropical Storm Gil in Central Pacific, Hurricane Henriette in Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:48 AM GMT on August 06, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 95 with lows between 67 and 75. There is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, and a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Thursday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. Todays high is 91 and a low of 75 with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Wednesdays high is 97 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 12th-21st.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet. In the Central Pacific, Tropical Storm Gil has intensified. Winds are at 40mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is West at 9mph. Gil could intensify further as it heads South of Hawaii. Is not a threat to land. In the Eastern Pacific, we have Hurricane Henriette. Winds are at 75mph with a pressure of 991mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 10mph. Is expected to intensify further over the next few days. May be a threat to Hawaii.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another update tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Rain/storms all week, Eastern Pacific active

By: JohnnyParker, 12:52 PM GMT on August 05, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 94 with lows between 67 and 75. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Wednesday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 89 and a low of 74 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Tuesdays high is 94 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 8th-20th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Gil is weakening. Winds are at 30mph with a pressure of 1007mbars. Movement is West at 7mph. Is not a threat to land. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, we have Tropical Storm Henriette. Winds are at 50mph with a pressure of 1002mbars. Movement is West at 7mph. Is expected to intensify over the next few days and could become a hurricane by late Tuesday. Is not a threat to land.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Atlantic quiet, two systems in Eastern Pacific, rain/storms this week

By: JohnnyParker, 6:27 PM GMT on August 04, 2013

Good Afternoon! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 89 and it feels like 95. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 93 with lows between 68 and 74. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday. Some storms could be strong to severe from today through next Tuesday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 86 and it feels like 91. Todays high is 90 and a low of 71 with a slight chance of rain. Mondays high is 90 with a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 5th-17th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Gil is weakening. Winds are at 35mph with a pressure of 1007mbars. Movement is West-Southwest at 9mph. Is not a threat to land. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, we have Tropical Storm Henriette. Winds are at 40mph with a pressure of 1005mbars. Movement is West at 9mph. Is not a threat to land and is not expected to become a hurricane.

Hope yall are having a great Sunday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Remants of Dorian attempting to reorganize, Gil strengthens

By: JohnnyParker, 11:30 AM GMT on August 02, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 65 and it feels like 65. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 93 with lows between 67 and 74. There is a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, and a slight chance of rain on Sunday. Some storms could be strong to severe from Saturday through next Sunday with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Todays high is 93 with a low of 71. Saturdays high is 93 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 5th-17th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a nearly stationary trough of low pressure, the remnants of Dorian, are located about midway between Southeastern Florida and Andros Island in the Northwestern Bahamas. Associated thunderstorm activity is beginning to show some signs of organization in radar and satellite imagery and gradual development of this system is possible before upper-level winds become unfavorable over the weekend. This disturbance is forecast to move slowly toward the Northwest and North bringing cloudiness, showers, and gusty winds to portions of the Northwestern Bahamas and the coastal waters of Southeastern Florida today and Saturday. After that, the disturbance is expected to move toward the North-Northeast and become associated with a frontal trough offshore of the Eastern United States. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours and a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. In the Eastern Pacific, Hurricane Gil has intensified some. Winds are at 85mph with a pressure of 985mbars. Movement is West at 13mph. Gil is expected intensify over the next few days, and then begin to weaken. Is not a threat to land. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, a weak area of low pressure, located about 850 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula, is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are expected to be marginally conducive for development while the disturbance moves Westward at 10-15mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, showers and thunderstorms are disorganized in association with a trough of low pressure located about 1350 miles East-Southeast of the Hawaiian Islands. Slow development of this system is possible during the next several days as it moves Westward at about 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours, and a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 5 days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post Sunday.

Permalink

Gil becomes a hurricane, Atlantic quiet, Rain/storm chances increasing next week

By: JohnnyParker, 11:42 AM GMT on August 01, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 94 with lows between 66 and 72. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a slight chance of rain on Friday. Some storms could be strong to severe from Saturday through next week with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 92 with a low of 68. Fridays high is 94.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 5th-16th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet. In the Eastern Pacific, we now have Hurricane Gil. Winds are at 80mph with a pressure of 990mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 12mph. Gil is expected intensify over the next day or two, and then begin to weaken. Is not a threat to land. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, showers and thunderstorms associated with a low pressure system located 750 miles South-Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula have diminished during the past several hours. Although the proximity to Hurricane Gil reduces the chance of development, The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours as it moves generally Westward at 10mph.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Updated: 12:07 PM GMT on August 01, 2013

Permalink

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 20. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.