JohnnyParker's Blog

Tropical Storm Gil and another area to watch in the Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:30 AM GMT on July 31, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 93 with lows between 67 and 73. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday. Few storms could be strong to severe today with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. Some storms could also be strong to severe once again from Friday night through early next week with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. Todays high is 89 and 72 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Thursdays high is 93.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 5th-15th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Gil formed yesterday. Winds are at 50mph with a pressure of 1001mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 15mph. Gil is expected intensify over the next few days and could become a hurricane by late today or Thursday. Could take aim at Hawaii again. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, showers and thunderstorms associated with a low pressure system located about 750 miles South of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula have diminished during the past few hours. However, the low has a well-defined circulation and it still has potential to become a tropical depression later today. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a high chance, 60%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours as it moves generally Westward at 10-15mph.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Still tracking remnants of Dorian, watching Eastern Pacific for development

By: JohnnyParker, 11:39 AM GMT on July 30, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 93 with lows between 68 and 73. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday. Few storms could be strong to severe tomorrow with main threats being for damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Todays high is 92 and 75 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Wednesdays high is 93 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 5th-14th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a trough of low pressure, the remnants of Dorian, is producing a small, but concentrated area of showers and thunderstorms about 150 miles East of the Turks and Caicos Islands. Upper-level winds are not expected to be conducive for regeneration to occur during the next couple of days as the disturbance moves West-Northwestward to Westward at about 15mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. Showers and gusty winds to near gale force in squalls are expected to stay well to the North of Hispaniola today, but could spread across the Turks/Caicos Islands and portions of the Bahamas by this afternoon and continue into Wednesday. In the Eastern Pacific, a low pressure system located about 850 miles South-Southwest of the Southern Tip of the Baja California Peninsula is showing signs of organization. Environmental conditions are conducive for gradual development of this disturbance over the next couple of days as it moves toward the West-Northwestward at 10 to 15mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Rain/storm chance increase midweek, still monitoring remnants of Dorian

By: JohnnyParker, 11:24 AM GMT on July 29, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 64 and it feels like 64. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 93 with lows between 66 and 72. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 67 and it feels like 67. Todays high is 91 with a low of 68. Tuesdays high is 93 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around August 5th-13th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a trough of low pressure, associated with the remnants of Dorian, is producing an area of disorganized thunderstorms a couple hundred miles North of the Leeward Islands. Recent satellite-derived surface wind date indicate that this disturbance does not have a closed surface circulation and surface pressures remain high across the area. Environmental conditions are expected to be only marginally conducive for regeneration to occur today before becoming less favorable on Tuesday. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a 50% chance of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours as it moves Westward at 15 to 20mph. This disturbance is expected to pass well the North of Puerto Rico today and move over the Turks/Caicos Islands and the Southeastern Bahamas on Tuesday. An Air Force Reserve Unit Reconnaissance Aircraft is scheduled to investigate this disturbance this afternoon if necessary. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Dorian dissipates, and Flossie nearing Hawaii

By: JohnnyParker, 12:57 PM GMT on July 28, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 92 with lows between 64 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Todays high is 88 with a low of 65. Mondays high is 93.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 30th-August 12th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a trough of low pressure, associated with the remnants of Dorian, is producing an area of showers and thunderstorms that extends a few hundred miles Northeast of the Northern Leeward Islands. This activity is forecast to move Westward at 15 to 20mph during the next couple of days passing North of the Leeward Islands/Puerto Rico today and Monday and moving over the Turks/Caicos Islands and Southern Bahamas by early Tuesday. Environmental conditions are only marginally conducive for regeneration and the National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. An Air Force plane is scheduled to investigate this disturbance later today. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet as Tropical Storm Flossie has moved into the Central Pacific and toward Hawaii.

Hope yall are having a great Sunday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Chance of rain/storms today, Dorian very weak, Flossie headed toward Hawaii

By: JohnnyParker, 3:00 PM GMT on July 27, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 78 and it feels like 78. Highs will continue to range between 83 and 92 with lows between 64 and 72. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a slight chance of rain on Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 77 and it feels like 77. Todays high is 85 and a low of 66 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Sundays high is 87.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 30th-August 11th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, Tropical Storm Dorian is weakening. Winds are at 40mph with a pressure of 1011mbars. Movement is West at 22mph. Tropical Storm Dorian is very weak and could dissipate by tomorrow. The remnants or what is left of Dorian could impact Puerto Rico, the Bahamas, and Florida. In the Eastern Pacific, we have Tropical Storm Flossie. Winds are at 70mph with a pressure of 995mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 20mph. Flossie is expected to begin weakening over the next few days as it heads into the Central Pacific and towards Hawaii. Is not expected to become a hurricane.

Hope yall are having a great Saturday and I'll have another update tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Dorian weakens some, may impact Florida; Tropical Storm Flossie strengthens some

By: JohnnyParker, 11:24 AM GMT on July 26, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 64 and it feels like 64. Highs will continue to range between 84 and 91 with lows between 63 and 71. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a slight chance of rain on Sunday, a slight chance of rain on Monday, a slight chance of rain on Tuesday, a slight chance of rain on Wednesday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 63 and it feels like 63. Todays high is 90 and a low of 70 with a slight chance of rain. Saturdays high is 85 with a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 30th-August 10th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, Tropical Storm Dorian has weakened some this morning. Winds are at 50mph with a pressure of 1001mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 20mph. Tropical Storm Dorian is expected to strengthen over the next few days as it heads toward the Puerto Rico, Cuba, and the Bahamas by next week. Dorian could impact Florida and there is a chance that Dorian could make it into the Gulf of Mexico. Is not expected to become a hurricane. In the Eastern Pacific, we have Tropical Storm Flossie. Winds are at 50mph with a pressure of 1000mbars. Movement is West at 18mph. Flossie is expected to strengthen a little over the next few days as it heads towards Hawaii. Is not expected to become a hurricane.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post tomorrow.

Permalink

Tropical Storm Dorian in Atlantic, and Tropical Storm Flossie in Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:38 AM GMT on July 25, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Highs will continue to range between 79 and 93 with lows between 64 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain on Friday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms Sunday, a slight chance of rain on Monday, a slight chance of rain on Tuesday, and a slight chance of rain on Thursday. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Todays high is 89 with a low of 65. Fridays high is 90 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 27th-August 9th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, Tropical Storm Dorian formed yesterday and is intensifying. Winds are at 60mph with a pressure of 999mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 17mph. Tropical Storm Dorian is expected to strengthen over the next few days as it heads toward the Puerto Rico and the Bahamas by next week. Dorian is not forecasted to become a hurricane at this time. Also, in the Atlantic, a weak surface low located about 370 miles East of Bermuda is associated with a complex upper-level low pressure system. Upper-level winds are expected to become a little more favorable and some development of the low is possible before it reaches cold water in a day or two. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours as it moves Northwestward and then Northward at about 15mph. In the Eastern Pacific, we now have Tropical Storm Flossie. Winds are at 40mph with a pressure of 1004mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 15mph. Flossie is expected to strengthen a little over the next few days as it heads towards Hawaii. Is not expected to become a hurricane.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Tropical Depression Four forms in Atlantic, monitoring Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:25 AM GMT on July 24, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 84 and 92 with lows between 63 and 71. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a slight chance of rain on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms Sunday, a slight chance of rain on Monday, and a slight chance of rain on Tuesday. Main threats today will be for heavy rain, gusty winds of 40-50mph, dime to nickel size hail, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 83 and a low of 67 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Thursdays high is 88.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 27th-August 8th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, we now have Tropical Depression Four. Winds are at 35mph with a pressure of 1008mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 20mph. Tropical Depression Four is expected to intensify into a tropical storm later today or by Thursday. Is expected to strengthen as it heads towards Puerto Rico, but is not forecasted to become a hurricane at this time. In the Eastern Pacific, cloudiness and showers associated with an elongated area of low pressure located about 950 miles Southwest of the Southern Tip of Baja California remain disorganized. However, environmental conditions are forecast to become a little more conducive for development during the next couple of days. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours as it moves generally Westward at about 15mph.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

More storms today and throughout this week, watching Atlantic/Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:28 AM GMT on July 23, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. Highs will continue to range between 84 and 92 with lows between 65 and 72. There is a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a slight chance of rain on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms Sunday, and a slight chance of rain on Monday. Main threats today will be for heavy rain, damaging winds of 50-60mph, large hail, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. Todays high is 94 and a low of 73 with a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Wednesdays high is 89 with a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 27th-August 7th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, showers and thunderstorms have become a little more concentrated near the center of a surface low pressure system located a couple hundred miles South-Southeast of the Cape Verde Islands. Additional development of this system is possible later today before environmental conditions become less conducive for development on Wednesday. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours as it moves West-Northwestward at 15 to 20mph. Interests in the Cape Verde Islands should monitor the progress of this disturbance. In the Eastern Pacific, a low pressure system, located about 550 miles Southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, has changed little in organization during the past few hours. However, environmental conditions are expected to become more conducive for development over the next day or so. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours as it moves Westward at about 15mph.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another update tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Watching Eastern Pacific, rain/storms each day with week

By: JohnnyParker, 11:12 AM GMT on July 22, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. Highs will continue to range between 88 and 92 with lows between 67 and 73. There is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, a slight chance of rain on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms Saturday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms Sunday. Main threats today will be for heavy rain, damaging winds of 50-60mph, penny to quarter size hail, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 77 and it feels like 77. Todays high is 87 and a low of 74 with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Tuesdays high is 91 with a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 26th-August 6th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, a low pressure system located about 600 miles Southwest of Acapulco, Mexico continues to produce disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity. Gradual development of this low is possible during the next couple of days as it moves West-Northwestward at around 10mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Warm, rain/storm chances increase this week, watching Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 5:32 PM GMT on July 21, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 89 and it feels like 96. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 91 with lows between 65 and 73. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, and a slight chance of rain on Friday. Main threats today will be for heavy rain, gusts of 40-50mph, dime to nickel size hail, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 89 and it feels like 94. Todays high is 88 and a low of 73 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Mondays high is 85 with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 26th-August 5th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, a broad low pressure area has formed several hundred miles South-Southwest of Acapulco, Mexico. Environmental conditions are generally favorable for slow development of this low during the next couple of days as it moves West-Northwestward at 10-15mph. This system has low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours.

Hope yall are having a great Sunday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Isolated to scattered storms today into next week, some could be strong/severe

By: JohnnyParker, 12:26 PM GMT on July 20, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 92 with lows between 66 and 72. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a 50% chance of PM thunderstorms tomorrow, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday. Main threats will be for heavy rain and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 92 and a low of 73 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Sundays high is 90 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 26th-August 4th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Saturday and I'll have another post tomorrow.

Permalink

Pop-up storms each day, Atlantic/Eastern Pacific remains quiet

By: JohnnyParker, 11:29 AM GMT on July 19, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Highs will continue to range between 89 and 94 with lows between 70 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, and a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday. Few storms could be strong to severe today. Main threats will be for wind gusts of 30-50mph, small hail, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 71 and it feels like 71. Todays high is 93 and a low of 72 with a slight chance of rain. Saturdays high is 92 with a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 21st-August 3rd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Updated: 11:30 AM GMT on July 19, 2013

Permalink

Chances of rain/storms over next few days, tropics remain inactive

By: JohnnyParker, 11:20 AM GMT on July 18, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Highs will continue to range between 90 and 93 with lows between 71 and 72. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms on tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday. Some storms could be strong to severe today and tomorrow. Main threats will be for damaging winds of 50-60mph, hail, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 77 and it feels like 77. Todays high is 93 and a low of 74 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Fridays high is 93 with a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 21st-August 2nd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Atlantic/Eastern Pacific remains quiet, Pop-up storms each day

By: JohnnyParker, 11:15 AM GMT on July 17, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 70 and it feels like 70. Highs will continue to range between 88 and 96 with lows between 70 and 73. There is a slight chance of rain today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a slight chance of rain on Thursday, and a slight chance of rain on Friday. Some storms could be strong to severe today and tomorrow. Main threats will be for damaging winds of 40-60mph, hail, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 96 with a low of 74. Thursdays high is 93 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 21st-August 1st.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Isolated to scattered thunderstorms each day, tropics quiet

By: JohnnyParker, 11:16 AM GMT on July 16, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 95 with lows between 70 and 72. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday. Some storms could be strong to severe on Thursday. Main threats will be for damaging winds of 60mph, hail, heavy rain, and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 94 with a low of 72. Wednesdays high is 97.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 21st-31st.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Slight chance of rain today, tropics are quiet

By: JohnnyParker, 11:13 AM GMT on July 15, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 89 and 94 with lows between 70 and 73. There is a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday. Main threats will be for heavy rain and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. Todays high is 90 and a low of 73 with a 30% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Tuesdays high is 93.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 20th-30th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Quiet in the Atlantic/Eastern Pacific, more rain across Southeast this week

By: JohnnyParker, 12:47 PM GMT on July 14, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 95 with lows between 70 and 73. There is a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms today, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow. Main threats will be for heavy rain, flash flooding, gusty winds up to 50mph, and small hail. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 87 and a low of 73 with a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms. Mondays high is 91 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 18th-29th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet with no development expected over next couple of days.

Hope yall are having a great Sunday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Two areas being monitored in Atlantic, Eastern Pacific is quiet

By: JohnnyParker, 12:44 PM GMT on July 13, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 64 and it feels like 64. Highs will continue to range between 87 and 94 with lows between 69 and 72. There is a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms tomorrow, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday. Main threats will be for heavy rain and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 68 and it feels like 68. Todays high is 90 with a low of 70. Sundays high is 88 with a 40% chance of PM thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 18th-28th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, cloudiness and showers extending from the Northwestern Bahamas Northward across the Atlantic are associated with the remnants of Chantal. This activity is expected to move Northward and merge with a frontal system along the Eastern United States during the next day or two. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. Also, in the Atlantic, Satellite images and surface data show a weak trough of low pressure in the Northeastern Gulf of Mexico. Conditions appear favorable for a non-tropical low to form along the trough and then drift Northward. Development, if any, should be slow to occur. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Eastern Pacific, all is quiet.

Hope yall are having a great Saturday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Tropical Storm Chantal intensifies some, Erick weakens to a T.D.

By: JohnnyParker, 10:53 AM GMT on July 09, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 92 with lows between 64 and 73. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a slight chance of rain on Friday, a slight chance of rain on Saturday, a slight chance of rain on Sunday, and a slight chance of rain on Tuesday. Main threats will be for heavy rain and flash flooding each day. Some storms could be strong to severe tomorrow and Thursday with large hail/damaging winds being the primary threats. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 92 and a low of 75 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Wednesdays high is 94 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 14th-24th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, we have Tropical Storm Chantal. Winds are at 50mph with a pressure of 1010mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 26mph. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Barbados, from Guadeloupe down to Saint Lucia, Western part of Puerto Rico, and Southern part of the Dominican Republic. A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for Saint Vincent, Eastern part of Puerto Rico, the Northern part of the Dominican Republic, and Hispaniola. Tropical Storm Chantal is expected to intensify over next few days as it heads into the Caribbean Sea. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Erick has winds are at 35mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is Northwest at 10mph. Tropical Depression Erick is expected to continue to weaken over next few days.

Hope yall are having a great day and I'll have another post Saturday.

Permalink

Tropical Storm Chantal forms, Tropical Storm Erick weakens in Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:45 AM GMT on July 08, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Highs will continue to range between 86 and 92 with lows between 64 and 73. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Saturday, and a slight chance of rain on Sunday. Main threats will be for heavy rain and flash flooding. An isolated strong or severe thunderstorm cannot be ruled out each day. Main threat with any storm that becomes strong to severe will be damaging winds. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 74 and it feels like 74. Todays high is 90 and a low of 73 with a slight chance of rain. Tuesdays high is 93 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 15th-22nd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, we have Tropical Storm Chantal. Winds are at 40mph with a pressure of 1007mbars. Movement is West at 26mph. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Barbados and from Guadeloupe down to Saint Lucia. A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for Saint Vincent. Tropical Storm Chantal is expected to intensify over next few days as it heads into the Caribbean Sea. Could be a threat to Cuba, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Bahamas, and Florida. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Erick has winds are at 50mph with a pressure of 998mbars. Movement is Northwest at 9mph. Tropical Storm Erick is expected to continue to weaken over next few days. A Tropical Storm Warning remains in effect for the Southern Coast of the Baja California Peninsula.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Chance of rain/storms each day this week, Atlantic getting active

By: JohnnyParker, 12:50 PM GMT on July 07, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Highs will continue to range between 85 and 90 with lows between 65 and 73. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, and a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday. Main threats will be for heavy rain and flash flooding. An isolated strong or severe thunderstorm cannot be ruled out each day. Main threat with any storm that becomes strong to severe will be damaging winds. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 87 and a low of 72 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Mondays high is 90 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 15th-22nd.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a strong tropical wave located about 1400 miles East-Southeast of the Windward Islands is moving Westward at about 25mph. Although shower and thunderstorm activity continues to show some signs of organization, there is no evidence of a closed surface circulation at this time. Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for some development of this system, and the National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 40%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hour. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Dalila has dissipated. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, Hurricane Erick has winds are at 80mph with a pressure of 984mbars. Movement is Northwest at 10mph. Hurricane Erick is moving toward the Southern portion of the Baja California Peninsula and is expected to weaken to a tropical storm by late tonight or early Monday morning. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect from Cabo Corrientes, Mexico to Zihuatanejo, Mexico. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for the Southern Coast of the Baja California Peninsula.

Hope yall are having a great Sunday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

More rain today into Sunday, watching Atlantic and Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 12:40 PM GMT on July 06, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Highs will continue to range between 82 and 91 with lows between 68 and 72. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday. Main threats will be for heavy rain and flash flooding. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 83 and a low of 71 with a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Sundays high is 90 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 14th-21st.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a surface trough of low pressure is producing showers and thunderstorms over portions of the Western and Central Gulf of Mexico. The trough is expected to move generally Northward at 5 to 10mph over the next couple of days toward the Texas and Louisiana Coast. Upper-level winds are only marginally conducive for development to occur. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. Regardless of development, this disturbance will likely produce periods of locally heavy rainfall and gusty winds across portions of Texas and Louisiana by Sunday. Also, in the Atlantic, cloudiness and thunderstorms continue to show signs of organization in association with a tropical wave over the far Eastern Atlantic about 800 miles Southwest of the Cape Verde Islands. Environmental conditions could become a little more conducive for development to occur over the next few days while the disturbance moves Westward at 15-20mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 20%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Dalila has winds of 30mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is West at 2mph. Dalila should dissipate later today. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Erick is intensifying and should become a hurricane by tomorrow morning. Winds are at 70mph with a pressure of 991mbars. Movement is Northwest at 8mph. Tropical Storm Erick is expected to track near the Mexican Coastline. A Hurricane Watch is in effect from Cabo Corrientes, Mexico to Punta San Telmo, Mexico. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect from Punta San Telmo, Mexico to Zihuatanejo, Mexico.

Hope yall are having a great Saturday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Dalila weakening, Erick strengthening, more rain/flooding problems today

By: JohnnyParker, 10:56 AM GMT on July 05, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 81 and 91 with lows between 68 and 71. There is a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Monday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Tuesday. Main threats will be for heavy rain and flash flooding. Rainfall amounts of 1-3 inches are likely with locally 3+ inches possible this weekend. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Todays high is 83 and a low of 69 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Saturdays high is 83 with a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 13th-20th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a trough of low pressure with a few showers and thunderstorms is over the Southwestern Gulf of Mexico. Development, if any, will be slow to occur as the trough drifts toward the Northwest. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Depression Dalila has winds of 35mph with a pressure of 1006mbars. Movement is West at 5mph. Dalila should dissipate later today or early Saturday morning. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Erick formed yesterday. Winds are at 45mph with a pressure of 1004mbars. Movement is West-Northwest at 13mph. Tropical Storm Erick is expected to intensify some and track near the Mexican Coastline. A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect from La Fortuna, Mexico over to Acapulco, Mexico. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect from Manzanillo, Mexico to Lazaro Cardenas, Mexico.

Hope yall are having a great Friday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Rain/storms today and all into next week, Dalila weakening in Eastern Pacific

By: JohnnyParker, 11:30 AM GMT on July 04, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Highs will continue to range between 81 and 92 with lows between 69 and 72. There is a 60% chance of thundershowers today, a 60% chance of PM thunderstorms tomorrow, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, and a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Monday. Some storms could be strong to severe today with main threat being gusty winds up to 40mph. Primary threats, though, will be for heavy rain and flash flooding. Rainfall amounts of 1-3 inches are likely with locally 3+ inches possible. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 83 and a low of 70 with a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Fridays high is 86 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 13th-19th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, cloudiness and showers extending from the Yucatan Peninsula North-Northeastward across the Eastern Gulf of Mexico are associated with a broad trough of low pressure. Upper-level winds are not expected to be conducive for significant development during the next couple of days while the disturbance moves generally Westward toward the Western Gulf of Mexico. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. Regardless of development, heavy rains associated with the system could produce flooding across portions of the Southeastern United States during the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Dalila has winds of 50mph with a pressure of 997mbars. Movement is West at 5mph. Dalila is weakening and will continue to weaken over the next couple of days. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, shower and thunderstorm activity associated with a broad low pressure system located several hundred miles South-Southeast of Acapulco, Mexico has changed little in organization during the last several hours. Gradual development is expected during the next couple of days. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a high chance, 70%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours as it moves West-Northwestward at about 10mph.

Hope yall are having a great Thursday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Rain, some heavy, this weekend; Dalila becomes a hurricane

By: JohnnyParker, 11:29 AM GMT on July 03, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 61 and it feels like 61. Highs will continue to range between 80 and 90 with lows between 67 and 71. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Friday, a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Saturday, and a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday. Some storms could be strong to severe today and Thursday with main threats being quarter size hail and damaging winds of 40-60mph. Primary threats, though, will be for heavy rain and flash flooding, especially into the weekend. Rainfall amounts of 1-3 inches are likely with locally 3+ inches possible. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 64 and it feels like 64. Todays high is 87 and a low of 68 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Thursdays high is 85 with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 10th-18th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a surface trough over the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Upper-level winds are currently unfavorable for development, but they could become marginally conducive during the next two days as the disturbance moves West-Northwestward to Northwestward into the Bay of Campeche. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a low chance, 10%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Eastern Pacific, Hurricane Dalila has winds of 75mph with a pressure of 987mbars. Movement is Southwest at 2mph. Dalila is expected to intensify some before it begins to weaken late Wednesday night into early Thursday morning. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, shower activity associated with a broad low pressure system centered several hundred miles South of the Gulf of Tehuantepec is gradually becoming better organized. Environmental conditions are expected to gradually become more conducive for development over the next couple of days as this disturbance moves Westward to West-Northwestward at about 10mph. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 50%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours.

Hope yall are having a great Wednesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Heavy rain/flooding threat late week, Tropical Storm Dalila weakens

By: JohnnyParker, 12:11 PM GMT on July 02, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 63 and it feels like 63. Highs will continue to range between 82 and 90 with lows between 64 and 72. There is a slight chance of rain today, a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Thursday, and a 70% chance of thunderstorms on Friday. Main threats will be for heavy rain and flash flooding, especially on Friday. Rainfall amounts of 1-3 inches are likely with locally 3+ inches possible. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 65 and it feels like 65. Todays high is 85 and a low of 64 with a slight chance of rain. Wednesdays high is 87 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 10th-17th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Dalila has winds of 65mph with a pressure of 994mbars. Movement is West at 5mph. Dalila is not expected to become a hurricane. Also, in the Eastern Pacific, an area of disturbed weather extends Southward from the Gulf of Tehuantepec for several hundred miles. Environmental conditions are expected to become conducive for slow development of this disturbance during the next couple of days. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours as it moves Westward to West-Northwestward at 10mph.

Hope yall are having a great Tuesday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Permalink

Tropical Storm Dalila strengthening, little cooler some this week

By: JohnnyParker, 11:18 AM GMT on July 01, 2013

Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 63 and it feels like 63. Highs will continue to range between 80 and 92 with lows between 63 and 72. There is a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms today, a slight chance of rain tomorrow, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Wednesday, a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday, and a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Friday. Few storms could be strong to severe with large hail and gusty winds. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 65 and it feels like 65. Todays high is 82 and a low of 63 with a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms. Tuesdays high is 85 with a slight chance of rain.

Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around July 5th-16th.

Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, all is quiet with no development expected over the next couple of days. In the Eastern Pacific, Tropical Storm Dalila has winds of 45mph with a pressure of 1001mbars. Movement is Northwest at 9mph. A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for Manzanillo, Mexico and a Tropical Storm Warning is also in effect for Manzanillo, Mexico. Dalila is expected to remain offshore of Mexico and is expected to become a hurricane by late Tuesday.

Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.

Updated: 11:20 AM GMT on July 01, 2013

Permalink

About JohnnyParker

I am Johnny Parker and I am 19. I have studied the weather since I was 5. I have cerebral palsy and my goal is to become a meteorologist.