White Oak Prayer
|By: EarlB, 11:10 AM GMT on February 17, 2013||+0|
The woodstove warmed me today
On a day of cold rain and snow.
Anticipating a long cold,
I brought in more wood
And had a second pleasure:
The smell of the smoke in the air.
A wood fire will warm you twice,
So it is said: once when gathered,
Again when burned.
But, what about when you
Remember the smoke
On a day with no fire?
Bury my ashes 'neath the White Oak tree
So that I may become one (man in tree),
So that one day, someone
Will burn us, breathe us in,
And we'll go on to warm again,
|Permalink | A A A|
- Dr. Jeff Masters' WunderBlog
- Angela Fritz's WunderBlog
- Bryan Norcross' Official Blog
- Stu Ostro's Meteorology Blog
- LRandyB's Tropical Weather Discussion
- Portlight Disaster Relief Blog
Tropical Weather Stickers®
Previous Entries for 2013