I am an old lady who lives in a shoe, white hair, blue eyes and all of five foot two.
By: AllyBama , 3:47 AM GMT on December 07, 2009
Congratulations to Mark Ingram for winning the first ever Heisman Trophy as a player from the University of Alabama. You are well deserving of this honor. ROLL TIDE!
Christmas Countdown - Christmas Layouts
HO! HO! HO!
It's that most wonderful time of year again when it seems that we never have enough time to think about all that needs to be done before Christmas arrives. Here are a few suggestions that I normally post each year. Unfortunately I am a little behind, so I hope that you have started without me!..lol
BTW, it is not too late to join in on the WU Christmas card exchange list - just let me know!
THE LIST (lol)
- purchase airline, train or bus tickets NOW!
- make hotel reservations if you are not staying with family or friends or if you are doing any overnight travel as well.
- if you are having an offsite holiday party, you need to look for a site NOW - it maybe too late (sorry I forgot to remind you).
- if you are needing a caterer, call one ASAP!..or if you are going to order food and then pick it up, the sooner you place your order the better.
- organize, organize, organize - and make lists!
- Holiday invitations need to be purchased, completed and mailed at least 3 weeks before your party - if at all possible.
- make your Christmas card list and go ahead and purchase your cards and Holiday stamps..also, addressing a few each day is most helpful and saves the hand too!
- prepare menus for your holiday meals and entertaining, and make your grocery lists as you go along.
- check holiday linens to see if they need cleaning or replacing...if you are going to need paper products, you might want to get then now to ensure that you have enough matching items.
- need I mention polishing silver?..lol..
- CHRISTMAS WISH LISTS! I ask my children and grandchildren to provide me with a list to avoid duplicates and to make sure that they get something that they really want. (You should see my 9-yr old granddaughters list! She made a top 20 list and divided it up between Santa, both sets of grandparents and her Aunt KayKay and THEN made a list exclusively for her Mom and Dad! ROFL)
I will be adding to this list as I think of other ideas. Please feel free to help!..lol
Here's a link to help you plan and organize for the Holidays.
Comments will take a few seconds to appear.