Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 4:11 am EDT on March 17, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until noon EDT today...
* locations... the Maryland counties of Queen Anne's... Talbot and
Caroline... the Delaware counties of Kent and Sussex... and
Cumberland... Cape May and Atlantic counties in New Jersey.
* Hazard type... heavy snow.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches.
* Timing... snow continues to fall early this morning and could be
moderate to heavy at times. The accumulating snow should end
after sunrise this morning... although some lingering light snow
could fall into the late morning and early afternoon.
* Winds... northeast 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Visibility... one half mile or less at times.
* Temperatures... mid 20s to upper 20s.
* Impacts... the snow will create hazardous driving conditions
during this morning's commute. Roads and walkways will be snow
covered and slippery.
This Winter Storm Warning means that significant amounts of snow
are expected. The snow will make travel very hazardous.
Unnecessary travel is not recommended. Give yourself plenty of
extra time to reach your destination. Make sure your cell phones
are fully charged.
Powered by the Weather Underground, Inc.