...Red flag warning remains in effect until 8 PM MDT this evening for wind and low relative humidity for fire weather zone 280... ...Red flag warning remains in effect from noon to 8 PM MDT Wednesday for wind and low relative humidity for fire weather zone 280...
* affected area...fire weather zone 280.
* Winds...southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Relative humidity...as low as 11 percent.
* Cold front...a dry cold front will drop south into the area late on Wednesday...shifting the winds to the north with gusts to 45 mph.
* Impacts...conditions will be favorable for intense fires with rapid rates of spread.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.