... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am this morning to
9 PM MDT Sunday for strong wind... low humidity... high Haines
index... hot temperatures... dry thunderstorms and a dry cold
* wind... southwest 10 to 15 mph early this afternoon and 15 to 25
mph with gusts around 35 mph in more exposed and wind prone
areas... becoming more widespread after 1500. Gusty winds will
develop sooner on Sunday at 20 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph
ahead of a cold front... which will pass around 2100 Sunday
* Humidity... 7 to 15 percent... recovering above 30 percent after
2200 tonight and falling back to around 15 percent after 1200
* Thunderstorms... isolated to widely scattered dry
thunderstorms on Sunday
* Haines index... 6 each afternoon
* impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create extreme fire behavior.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Natrona County Lower Elevations Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:30 AM MDT on August 29, 2015