Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 2:33 PM EST on December 13, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 5 am Saturday to 1 am
The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington has
issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow... sleet and freezing
rain... which is in effect from 5 am Saturday to midnight EST
* Accumulations... 2 to 4 inches of snow and sleet. Ice
accumulation around one to two tenths of an inch. The highest
ice accumulations will be above 1500 feet.
* Timing... snow will develop early Saturday morning and continue
through midday Saturday. Snow is expected to mix with and then
change to sleet and freezing rain later Saturday afternoon and
* Temperatures... mid to upper 20s late tonight. Temperatures will
rise into the lower 30s Saturday into Saturday night.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 10 mph late tonight and Saturday then
becoming northwest 10 to 15 mph Saturday night.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected from wintry
precipitation late tonight through Saturday night.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Nearby Radar Stations