Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 11:53 AM EDT on March 16, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 5 PM this
afternoon to 2 PM EDT Monday...
* precipitation type... snow
* accumulations... 4 to 8 inches.
* Timing... a mix of rain and snow will develop late this
afternoon... then will transition to all snow early this
evening. Snow will continue overnight through early afternoon
Monday. The heaviest period of snow is expected after midnight
tonight through early Monday morning.
* Temperatures... around 40 this afternoon... falling to around
freezing by mid evening then dropping into the lower to mid
20s late tonight. Highs Monday in the lower 30s.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 10 mph.
* Impacts... roads will become snow covered and slippery. Travel
will be dangerous... especially tonight through the morning
rush on Monday.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Nearby Radar Stations