Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 4:21 AM EST on December 13, 2013
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from late tonight through late
The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington has
issued a Winter Storm Watch... which is in effect from late
tonight through late Saturday night.
* Precipitation type... snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... 5 or more inches of snow possible... followed by
the potential for one tenth to two tenths of an inch of ice.
* Timing... snow will develop late tonight into Saturday morning
and continue through the day Saturday. Snow is expected to mix
with and then change to sleet and freezing rain Saturday
* Temperatures... mid to upper 20s late tonight. Around 30 on
Saturday and Saturday night.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 10 mph late tonight and Saturday then
becoming northwest 10 to 15 mph Saturday night.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected from wintry
precipitation late tonight through Saturday night.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Nearby Radar Stations