... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 9 am EST Sunday...
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Sunday afternoon through
The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a Winter
Storm Watch... which is in effect from Sunday afternoon through
Wind Chill Advisory details...
* wind chill readings... 10 below to 20 below zero... except 20 to
30 below zero across the High Mountain terrain above 3000 feet.
* Timing... now through Sunday morning.
* Impacts... frost bite and hypothermia are possible if
precautions are not taken.
Winter Storm Watch details...
* hazards... potential for 5 or more inches of snow. Sleet and ice
accumulations are also possible.
* Timing... Sunday afternoon through Tuesday morning.
* Impacts... travel difficulties and power outages possible.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors... make sure you wear a hat and
gloves. Limit your exposure time outdoors.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Randolph Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch, Wind Chill Advisory
Issued: 2:56 PM EST Feb. 13, 2016 – National Weather Service