Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 4:12 AM EDT on March 16, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 2 PM this
afternoon to 2 PM EDT Monday...
* locations... generally north of a line from Hinton... to
Lindside... to New Castle... to Amherst and Buckingham.
* Hazard types... snow... with some sleet.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches... possibly
near 10 inches along higher elevations near Interstate 64.
* Timing... this afternoon and tonight... especially between 4 PM
this afternoon and 4 am Monday morning.
* Impacts... roads and surfaces will become snow covered and
hazardous. Many roads may become impassable during periods of
* Winds... northeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... falling through the 30s... reaching the mid and
upper 20s tonight.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food...
and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Nearby Radar Stations